Old 06-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
Rivet Master
1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
It works

I had hornets or wasps trying to take over the airstream.

They were building nest in the furnance, water heater and bumper compartment.
I had read somewhere to put dog flea & tick collars where they are going in so I did and it worked. They are gone.

Thought I would pass it on in case anyone is having the same problelm.

garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
I've had huge bumble bees living in my trailer. First they went in by the stair. I blasted some bug spray in there. Then they went in a small hole under the belly. I blasted that & stuffed some papertowels in the hole. Then I went camping about 90 miles away. My husband (the all knowing farmer who knows bugs) said they wouldn't follow. Well, I think a call went out to all bumble bees in Michigan & they still were there! I finally just blasted them as they flew in & must have killed about 35 of them before they seemed to thin out. The last day we were there, I didn't see any. Wouldn't you know it, but when we got home, they were B-A-C-K! I'm polishing the trailer now, so I keep my killer handy. I think I'll try Garry's method too.
Maybe I can just stuff one in the hole!

Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Those little guys are very tenacious! I would screen every hole if you can, keep bug spray handy and try the flea collars as well. Hate those buggies.
Good luck getting rid of them. They destroy your insulation and make icky messes. We found bunches of old nests in our Bambi when my husband was taking it apart during restoration.

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (soon to travel in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:15 AM   #4
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim
1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
I use this stuff called Suspend SC availble at

It has a residue killing power for 90 days. It does not kill instantly but as they walk through it the molucules build up on them and does them in.

We got some wasps with our Ambassador. I sprayed one while he was on the window. It slowed him down as he walked through it and killed him in less than a minute. Its this residue killing power thats the key. Because it keeps working for a long time. If you overspray the entrances doors, windows, etc... the bugs will be dead before they get to the opening.

It's really great stuff for all kinds of bugs like ants, fleas, ticks etc. It's also safe to spray indoors too.

Its the same kind of stuff a pest control company would use if you paid them $50/mo.

I paid $50 and used it for years.
1960 International Ambassador 28'
2001 Silverado 2500HD CC 6.0L 4.10
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote