Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
We haven't had anyone ask if we wanted to sell the Airstream, but we do give tours regularly. However, we have a Boler trailer, and we regularly get offers...one just yesterday, in fact! My parents have a little Trillium (like a Boler) and both were parked in our driveway, and that really attracted attention! We gave several tours per day, and had many many offers! We had our Boler stored 1 hour outside of our city. Someone wanted it and somehow tracked us down and called us! That was a shocker.

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
No, I don't think so.

No! Well - how much are you offering???

We have been on both sides of the scenario you describe. That is also how we acquired our trailer. It had been sitting in the same yard outside the marina for eons (we found out since 1978!) We left a note on their door saying we were interested in his trailer, how wonderful it was etc. never expecting a phone call (and I'd never done anything like that before!)

A week later we got a phone call, the gentleman said over the years many folks have asked him if he was interested in selling and the answer was always no. BUT, his wife had just been bugging him to sell it as it hadn't been used in years and maybe we were "the right ones." It was fate, aligning of the stars, and God watching over us . We had the cash to him the day he asked us to meet him there.

Since we've gotten it home, we have had some folks stop and ask us about it and they eventually ask if we are interested in selling. So far everyone has been polite but no one has offered enough for us to take the money and look for another. We're still in the honeymoon phase of our re-do. One guy left his business card and said to call him if we change our minds.

We are almost finished with the garage to store it in and we keep our 3rd vehicle parked in front of it in addition to having the lock on it.

It's kind of flattering that someone likes something you have so much that they are bold enough to ask if you are "done" with it. BUT, it also is a sign that you can't be too careful when securing it/locking it as there are those who are looking who are not so nice and may be checking out the "lay of the land."

Tina

Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, my wife said that maybe they seen our trailer just sitting and thought we never use it. I told her most RVs sit a lot. My wife said maybe I should have asked them how much were they going to offer for it, just for the fun of it. Even if they gave us what we paid for it, [new] it would cost us nearly double to replace it with another [new] 25'er. [Safari/Flying Cloud]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 260.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	106128   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 259.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	106129  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Robertsunrus, Off topic, how in the world do you get the A/S in that tight spot?????
Old 07-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sempi2 View Post
Robertsunrus, Off topic, how in the world do you get the A/S in that tight spot?????

Hi, very carefully! We live on a very narrow street too and we usually plan to leave on our trips, on Friday. Friday is street sweeper day and all the neighbors cars have to be off of the street. If we don't come home on Friday, we for sure have to come home on a week day when everyone is at work. So half of the battle is getting into our driveway and the other half is trying to Park it with the street side tires about two inches from the edge of the concrete driveway. My driveway is 9' 2" wide, that leaves about 6"s on the house side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 091.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	284.1 KB
ID:	106130   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 230.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	106131  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
..."Everythings for sale"...is my motto!...Now we just have to agree on the price!

Of course, the stuff I have that's not really for sale has a rather elevated asking price!

We've been asked several times, if the 'Blue Halo' is for sale...so far, my 'elevated' selling price hasn't had any takers... That, "you've got to be kidding" look you get in these situations is always fun to behold!

Or, you can always respond that it's not for 'sale', but for 'sail', as we're about to hit the road!

Ray
Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Bob, that is a great job. We have a rather large covered pad, and I must admit, I am not a very good director - go this way - no go that way!!!! But we do get the streamer parked - mostly straight - most of the time. But looking at your spot I am sure we would have taken out half of the house. Our hat is off to you, Susan
OH - PS still off topic. TY
Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
sempi2...I have it on good authority that Robert's house is actually on rails that allow it to slide wide open when he backs the AS in there...then slides back to give it that 'snug' look!

Ray
Old 07-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1977 31' Excella 500
West Sacramento , California
Over the years my parents have been asked several times by people driving by if the trailer was for sale. Fortunately for me they always said no! As stated by others, the hitch lock is always in place and if I had to back my trailer in a narrow place like that, I don't think people would want to buy the trailer anymore...unless I pay for the repair...
Old 07-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexray View Post
sempi2...I have it on good authority that Robert's house is actually on rails that allow it to slide wide open when he backs the AS in there...then slides back to give it that 'snug' look!

Ray
Ray I would totally believe that. There is no way one could get into that parking space every time without damaging 'something'. then again maybe we need more practice parking. Still a big WOW to me. S

Oh yes, sorry off topic "again"
Old 07-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:

Ray
That's what Bob told me in secret.
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Another off topic to you guys, I have totally enjoyed your humor and wit when posting on "the journey".

I am thinking that maybe we should get one of those cars that will parellel park by itself. then we can just program it to add the A/S - plus keep us out of trouble on roads and exits. who knows where this could wind up?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:30 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
In reality, the answer to 'how' Robert backs their AS in that tight space, is: VERY CAREFULLY!...

Ray
Old 07-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Quote:
In reality, the answer to 'how' Robert backs their AS in that tight space, is: VERY CAREFULLY!...

Ray
And is that with or without the better half's help?? I do believe with those tight quarters that hubby (rustyrivet) and I would not be having a happy day. And I also believe that the end of our house would be subject to an insurance claim.