Old 08-31-2005, 07:22 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Interesting email letter about Gas plan

I recieved this in email and did not forward it by email spam, but If it would work I am all for it as I would love to buy gas and take out the motorhome without breaking the bank!

Here is a direct copy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: ever increasing Gas Price
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 02:28:58 EDT

----- Subject: Fw: FW: Gas Prices

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE

SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database

Michele Matthews
Forest Engineering and Industry Services
Department of Natural Resources
P. O. Box 2006, Fortis Building (3rd Floor)
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 6J8

Old 08-31-2005, 07:56 AM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
The idea of "sticking it to" the gas companies doesnt bother me in the least. Unfortunately, what the email doesnt point out is that for this to hurt the companies what we would have to do is not USE gas for a day. Just not buying for a day would just defer purchases untill the next day and would have no impact what so ever. Me thinks its time for the goverment to start looking into what increasingly to me appears to be price fixing.....

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:41 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
From a logic standpoint the letter is flawed to the point of rediculousness. It is the workings of ludicrous and shallow mind . One day is but 0.27% of one year, or 1/4 of 1%. That is the logical equivalent effect of not buying fuel for one day. It is about the same as you loosing 1/4 of 1% of your body weight on your next diet. For the 200 pound person, it would amount to a total weight loss of 1/2 pound. The person has loose bowels for brains!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:06 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
I've seen this one before ... it seems to pop up every time gas prices spike. It is pretty ridiculous. The only way to reduce demand is to use less. Simply shifting a purchase from Thursday to Friday achieves nothing. That's like an addict saying "I'm not going to buy my fix today (but I'll buy it tomorrow)."

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:30 AM   #5
Craftsman

I got the same email. DELETED
Old 08-31-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Oddly enough the gas prices just took a HUGE jump all across southern and central Ontario this morning. It's gone up about 20 cents per litre (about .75 per US gal) on average and they're already talking about an additoinal $.30 / litre by Christmas. But they tell us there's no price fixing going on - what a load of crap. Fuel prices like that are going to trigger a recession for sure. P.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:37 AM   #7
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Cool I love those emails ....

Here ya go ... http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:56 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Having worked for a supply and later a service company that catered to to the oil and gas industries in the past, I am amazed that we get fuel for the prices we do. Most folks don't realize it, but a lot of blood, sweat and tears goes into producing fuel in (for) this country.
One of the companies I worked for in the early 80's was a supplier to Halliburton. I used to deliver "frac sand" to their "camps" and often right to the head of a newly drilled well, that they were getting ready to fracture. Dirty, muddy work, and it always seemed to be raining. Winter was just as busy as summer. 2 or 3 feet of snow did not stop us. Yep, they make a lot of money, but by golly, they sure earn it. Oil and gas deserve their profits much more, than say the insurance industry.

Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote