Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Infomercials - GOOD finds

I am far more likely to trust a personal recommendation than any infomercial, but once in a while I take a chance.... and have been pleasantly surprised, so I thought... why not start a thread of stuff we've bought online and been delighted with? Of course total crap to avoid wouldn't be bad either.

Examples? I use my original Nuwave2 induction cooktop alnost daily. All of the extra skillets are too big for a trailer, the basic 2 handle pan excepted. When I got mine the pitch was 2 burners for 100 bucks. Its fantastic for low temperature stuff like queso and keeping sauces warm, plus if you read the instructions you can use your singing teakettle as an alarm clock. Pour over filter or french press and youve got coffee in seconds. Gotta use a generator to run it when boondocking, but easy to use outside with a heavy duty extension cord to the post 20 amp outlet.

I've looked at the "Turbo Scrub" thinking of the white crap on the Avion - anyone have one?

How about a good compact ladder?

And if you dont have a big stack of microfiber cloths - get some. Cheap enough to toss if you have to clean up oil, dog vomit, etc. But can be easily rinsed clean with most messes, and they wring much dryer than any cotton rag.

Tell us about your happy finds

Paula
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
It wasn't an infomercial, but a call from our daughter and some comments on here. We bought an Instant Pot at Christmas while Amazon had them on sale for $69. Love it! Fixed rice to go with the Crawfish Etoufee we made for Happy Hour Saturday night at Canopener. At home we have made several one pot meals from on-line recipes. It takes about the same amount of time as a regular pressure cooker, but is totally automatic so you don't have to pay attention to it. It doubles as a slow cooker too.

Oh, and our son gave us a NuWave last year for Christmas. I was initially underwhelmed, but once I used it I can't do without it.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Aero press coffee filter / manual espresso pump. Our son gave us one for Christmas 2 years ago and we now have one on the counter and one in the trailer. Great coffee and easy cleanup, an unbeatable combination.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:17 AM   #4
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Formerly Napa , On the road
Not an infomercial but the best ladder out there is the Telestep ladder.

https://www.amazon.com/Telesteps-140...words=telestep