Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Info site?

Is there a site where I can look up the floor plans and specs of older coaches? I realize that there are only so many ways one can arrange the interior of a box, so I assume that the floor plan of the 2015 30' Classic will be similar to a 1995 30' Classic, but there may have been some options available then that aren't available now, and some that are available now that weren't available then. Then, too, technology changes. Back then the flatscreen televisions weren't available, and today they are the only things available. What about tank sizes, a/c units, etc?

If we decide to go with an Airstream we'll be looking at the larger WB coaches, so that's what I'm most interested in.
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Missoula , Montana
Go to Airstream.com - the main site, then navigate to the service area and there is every spec and floor plan for every size of trailer they made - simply a matter of looking at years and lengths - hope that's what you're looking for!
TAC
TCT
OilnH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:06 PM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Here is the Airstream Corp site

Another good reference site is Vintage Airstream where they have photos of all the trailers in a matrix. Between the two you will have information overload.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Perfect! Thanks!
Old 01-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
@kb0zke

What is not shown well on the Airstream floor plans on the website is the difference between the 30 foot units at the different trim levels. While the Classic has the elegance, it does not have as much storage as the Serenity 30 RB. The rear panoramic windows of the Classic eliminate the four closets to the side of the beds.

Alana_Mods_Phase_I_11.21.14-2 by Fantinesvoice.com, on Flickr

The photo shows the lights I added in each closet so when the door is opened, the light comes on.

Of note, or why I purchased a 30 foot unit was to get the slightly larger bathroom and to get the 54 gallons of fresh water. The shorter units have only 39 gallons of fresh water.

Look forward to having you on the forum is you decide to go with an Airstream. And do not forget about the WBCCI International Rally in Farmington, NM late June/early July.
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:40 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Thanks. Looks like we will be doing some more research.

June and early July are already committed, with our daughter's wedding taking up most of the time. Unless something happens that destroys our Foretravel, that's what we'll be using until then. We'll make a decision about keeping the Foretravel or switching to an Airstream in a couple of months, but wedding stuff will keep us from doing much about making a change until after the wedding.

Our place is now under contract (yea!) so we are officially full-timers. We've been in the Foretravel for a year now, with a few trips under our belts, and we think we know more now than we did a couple of years ago when we made the decision to go with a MH.

I'm working with Laborers For Christ for the next two months, so we have some time to research and do more purging. No way we could go directly from this Foretravel into an Airstream as we are, but we now know that some of the things we've taken with us are not needed.