Old 11-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #57
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Smithville , New Jersey
Back in business!

Just got internet back. Just heard that they've reopened Longport, Brigantine and Margate. Atlantic City and Ventnor still closed. 6:00 pm curfew because of looting. Most of the AC boardwalk still in one piece. Heard that Seaside ( Home of Snooki!) lost it's amusement piers. People who stayed behind are shoveling sand like snow. When the power went out we put the 'stream in the driveway for antennae tv and hot showers.
Drove through some back roads where the debris was hanging off the trees shoulder high, to give you an idea of the storm surge. Running low on scotch, send help. Friend staying with us who's been displaced will try to go home to Margate tomorrow to see if his house is still there.. Overall, we're alive with minimal damage. Thanks for your prayers

Old 11-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Glad to learn that you are OK, Monkeypants! :-)

Old 11-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypants View Post
Just got internet back. Just heard that they've reopened Longport, Brigantine and Margate. Atlantic City and Ventnor still closed. 6:00 pm curfew because of looting. Most of the AC boardwalk still in one piece. Heard that Seaside ( Home of Snooki!) lost it's amusement piers. People who stayed behind are shoveling sand like snow. When the power went out we put the 'stream in the driveway for antennae tv and hot showers.
Drove through some back roads where the debris was hanging off the trees shoulder high, to give you an idea of the storm surge. Running low on scotch, send help. Friend staying with us who's been displaced will try to go home to Margate tomorrow to see if his house is still there.. Overall, we're alive with minimal damage. Thanks for your prayers
That is good news. When you watch what happened in Ocean County and north of us you feel real lucky. Sal
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #60
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypants View Post
6:00 pm curfew because of looting.
THAT really bites! I thought looting after a hurricane was just a New Orleans thing, but it seems your part of the country has the same low quality of riffraff that we do.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
I'm glad that reading this post, it seems most of our airstream friends/family survived the storm! We have family that live in shaker heights, OH! Just miles from the Great Lakes (Cleveland, OH), although they don't have an airstream they lost three rooms of their house! Amazing how wide the swath of the storm damaged so much! There is no guarantee that no matter where you live, there is some type of natural disaster that can affect you (and looting, etc. seems to be the norm after any diaster)! It's sad we seem to send billions to other nations when something like this happens, yet when it comes to our own......, well..., what is the hold up? Our prayers are with you all!

Terry

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #62
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1968 17' Caravel
Lakewood , New Jersey
The barrier Island is open for traffic. Airstream tailer at 6:55 in the video we shot below.

Hurricane Sandy Recovery From Seaside on Route 35 North to The Mantoloking Bridge January 2013 - YouTube