Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #41
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdenise View Post
I disagree with most of you!
Wonderful! The world would be boring indeed if all you had to say was, "Ditto." No one ever learns anything from people who agree with them.

Quote:
I think it's fun to do it yourself.
Only if you've got the skills; not all of us do. But if you got'em, flaunt'em!

Quote:
Of course, if I had the money I would want an AS museum to show them off in!!
Now you're dreaming big!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
We are already retired and I am not sure money is what dictates our lifestyle. We are sorta stuck in our ways that have been developed over the years.

I would be working indoors and in a big, heated shop overlooking a river.
I would have lots of help. I would let people rent space and equipment cheap to do their own axles and shell off. I would have trucks and Airstreams parked in Airsteam shelters on land holdings in 4 states for when I got there. (Atually I already have them in 2 states). One of the new ones would be on the Bitterroot river south of Missoula. If it was a really big prize I might also have an Airstream parked in a barn on a lot next to a lodge and sheep pasture in Bergenstein, Austria, next to a glacier. Summer and early fall use on that one. (Actually the lodge is only about 120 bucks a day with meals for 2 now.) But I would put a Airstream in the barn next door to it for decoration and a place to have a brew. Hope the goats won't eat it.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Set up my parents. Make sure their wills call for me to get back whatever's left when they croak, and not have it go to my deadbeat brother.
For my parents I was thinking to just give them a credit card and pay it off each month (set the credit limit depending on how much I won). Well set up something else in my will.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #44
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazbro View Post
For my parents I was thinking to just give them a credit card and pay it off each month (set the credit limit depending on how much I won). Well set up something else in my will.
Mine are old-school, and still write checks for everything. They don't trust credit cards. The only things they've ever bought on credit were houses and automobiles. Everything else, if they can't afford it, they don't get it. Not a bad way to manage your money, actually.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #45
2 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
guyton , Georgia
t would quite this job of 4 nights a week buy a new tv and a new as visit family and friends and do some fishing. shot a turkey the other day and the store mananger
got mad as hell. don't know way season was open.
r.swanson is offline   Reply With Quote