Old 09-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

pinopolis , South Carolina
Toy Hauler

Yes I was one of the three. My was the one of the shell setting on the ground. Its up and running now and I use it all the time. I do tow it behind the motorhome, You don't even know its back there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	012 jpeg.jpg
Views:	1188
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	25942  

Old 09-15-2006, 09:49 PM   #16
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
Yes I was one of the three. My was the one of the shell setting on the ground. Its up and running now and I use it all the time. I do tow it behind the motorhome, You don't even know its back there.
Waaaay cooool! That is a beautiful combination! I thought I recognized the description. You can now say that your work is not only published, but famous, too.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:20 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1993 30' Excella
1969 18' Caravel
Lovettsville , Virginia
Scooter for You-2er?

Hi Brad

The missus and I just returned from the Pa Camping & RV Show at Hershey, Pa. We saw a display booth with lightweight scooters, named Crickets, that caught my eye. Here's the link to the website: http://www.ricksesv.com
These appear only to be offered as 2 seaters, but since they weigh only 170 lbs, I know your Avalanche would be up to the task of toting one of these in the bed (I was told the price is around $1,700).
On a side note, AS was well represented at the show. There were 2 Safari SE FB, 1 25' International with the Ocean Breeze interior (very very nice), and 2 Basecamps. One of the Basecamps was configured with the Kelty tent at the rear, and the other one had a quad ATV inside - this trailer was hooked up to an AS Interstate (rear dinette), very cool...

Bob
Old 09-18-2006, 07:20 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2006 28' Safari SE
Winter Park , Florida
Bob: Thanks for the info and the website.

Returned from Fort Wilderness yesterday afternoon - we found 4 other Airstreams there in addition to our own and, of course, rental and customized golf carts running around all over the place. We always have a great time there.

I think we'll work towards getting a personalized golf cart in the future and most likely a separate trailer for it that we can pull with our other vehicle. The kids (ok, I will count myself as one of the "kids," think that would be way cool.)

Does anyone have the phone number for that television show ... what is it ... "Pimp My Golf Cart?"

thanks everyone ...

BH

GO GATORS!!
dbradhstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 AM   #19
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I bought my golf cart from a dealer that specializes in "pimping" golf carts. I saw one that had a lift kit and monster tires on it that had the cart floor a good 4' off the ground! I saw some really imressive paint jobs, dash kits, roll bars, and things I had never thought of or saw, too. You can even get air conditioners on them.

I think when it comes to customizing golf carts, the sky, your imagination, and your bank account are the limits on what they can do.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:15 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2006 28' Safari SE
Winter Park , Florida
FRED (or anyone else) - where can I find more detailed descriptions or instructions to build an AS 'toyhauler' like the one pictured above? That is one of the coolest things I've seen. I haven't been able to locate examples of any others like it on the forum or anywhere else online.

BH

GO GATORS!!
dbradhstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:02 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

pinopolis , South Carolina
Dbradhstream we call this a Globe Hauler. I took a 1970 Globe Trotter which is 19 ft and cut it to 10 ft. then put in the back door that is 48" wide , the golf cart is 46" wide. The cutting only took 15 min. I do have some notes from the project that I happy to share.