Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2006, 08:03 AM   #1
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
I looked at a 1955 Sovereign of the Road

30' tandem axle trailer yesterday that's (tentatively) for sale here in eastern Iowa. I'm not interested, and I haven't asked the owner if I can post his info here, but if you're interested, PM me and I'll get you their contact info.

I didn't take any photos of it to share. It's the same model as Jason Jablonski's in the albums and looks identical (well, identical if you don't count that it's been nearly gutted inside, most of the windows have duct tape on the cracks, and it's... well... you get the picture... ) I told the owner that I'd help however I could, and it's only about 20 miles away if he can't provide photos, I'll be happy to go back up and do photos of it.

Jason's trailer: http://www.airforums.com/forum...ally-3074.html

(Jason, please forgive me for using your photos for illustration, as this one is no where near being in the condition of yours... but at least folks can see generally the layout etc.)

Fortunately, the hull is 95% with only one bumper-caused dent in the usual front location for this vintage. There are a couple of tears in the banana wrap. There is a fairly significant stress crack in the skin above the door. The 12v pigtail probably doesn't work, the floor is soft in what's left of the bathroom, and it's been 70% gutted, but even at that is "sleepable". The kitchen sink cabinetry is gone and it has a standard countertop with a sink installed without cabinets underneath. The stove, furnace, and kitchen pantry cabinets are gone. The original refrigerator is there and (presumably) works. It has an Armstrong A/C unit that the owner says will freeze you out. It has twin beds that are useable. The overhead bins are still original. The rear bath is largely gone (tub has been removed completely) but the original porcelain commode is still installed and plumbed. The original front couch and cabinets as well as one of the original twin bed cabinets are still there. Many of the windows are cracked and will need to be replaced, but I believe that the coach is tow-able. It still has the original Bargman "teardrop" style door handle.

If you're willing to do some extensive restoration, you could have a pretty rare coach with a fair amount of space with this one.

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags