Old 06-02-2004, 03:46 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Argosy20....

Hi ALL....
....Say U guys kn how 2 CHEER up a LIMEY...LOL....U guys make me laugh so much I gone spilled My APPLE JUICE...I think I jus favour the Found On Russian Dump...The Backwards one is Very good....I Jus waitin 4 My insurance money 2 come thro, then OFF I go agn...I got 8 cars lined up already, naturaly they ALL sold & whatever...so I keep on dreamin 4 now....2B honest it's a nightmare...LOL
Not 2 worry...I'll soon B back 2 NORMAL...Hang on a mo...I'm FROM England...DO we HAVE any NORMAL people living here ????...Sounds like an invention 2 Me...LOL...Chris.....

Old 06-19-2004, 01:30 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Back on the road agn...

Hi All........
...Well I finaly got us another CAR yesterday, I traveled abt 35 miles jus 2 look at it, very nice too...it's the same as My last one, except 4 the Ghia...this is slightly a downer...but not 2 worry, it IS a ONE owner from new, a 1996 model, only done 30,521 miles....from NEW, I have ALL documents, old mot's, ect:...A truely delightful little motor car...& the funny thing is...it IS EXACTLY the SAME as My D/Ds...same in EVERY respect...apart that mine IS 1 yeas newer, & a third of the miles of hers. We got some strange looks on our way home, TWO cars alike....TWINS...the colour is a light purple, plum kinda Colour...D/D has named hers Victoria...& Lisa named mine Victor....Darn stupid, I jus call it CAR ( WORSE if it breaks down )...LOL, it cost me 1900. The elderly Gent who was selling it was askin 1995....I pulled out the CASH...& after puttin his EYES bk in2 place, we struck the deal, the Current mot runs out end if August, but He got a fresh full Year put on, even taxed it for 6 months, & I took him bk 2 the car parts shop,2 exchange the 3 month old battery, which had NOT held it's charge, 4 some reason or other, the shop guy gave us a HEAVY duty one in place of the straight exchange, ( Realy pleased with that )....1/2 tank of gas, ( 4.5 gal (uk) )....
I'll ask one of My Girlies 2 do the Foto's 4 Me....$ those of U who can't imagine SUCH a DREADFUL COLOR, it IS very like the color of the purple smiley ICON below the yellow triangle when U write a message...( post icons )
I R still waitin 2 c abt My claim...gonna B a L O N G winded affair.....But at least I R alive 2 tell the tale....& bk on the road....
All take care now, God Bless...Chris.....

Old 06-20-2004, 04:07 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Great news~~

Aah, Victor? or is it...ViceRoy~? lmao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 01:46 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
VICTOR ( 4 victory ).

Hi Vern...
How U doin bk there in the woods...LOL...'fraid it's Victor....Mark says it should b " Percy Purple " or vice versa...I got a fone call this mornin, from the seller of the car, some guy wants 2 BUY it off of ME....an was wonderin IF I were gonna sell it on....NO-WAY....Not on Yr Aunties Nelly...It's very good indeed...( SO FAR )....
Had 2 drop abt 2 pints of OIL, & 1 pint of water from her though...slightly OVER filled on the liquids...took the hand brake up a couple of notches, pollished Him all over...then it poured down, took out ALL the door seals, thouroughly cleaned 'em up, & drain holes too....plenty of clean water used there...LOL, but in the long run, well worth it...the Underside is absolutely MINT....NO underseal cracked at all....sayin that He is 8 yrs old...& IN Britain...our harsh climates don't look after our vehicles as well as Cali: does....they DON'T build 'em 2 last over here 4 too long....only 30,540 miles from NEW...Vern, I kn U guys do that in a month...LOL....sayin that...I kn Yr GALLON is SMALLER than ours...what abt Yr MILE...is that the SAME as ours,?
R U goin out on the road with Yr A/s, is so, where U Goin / bn...
Give our reguards 2 Nathan....OK...Take care now...Chris.....
Old 06-20-2004, 02:47 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Talking Whew..

Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
Hi Vern...
How U Dion bk there in the woods...LOL...'fraid it's Victor....Mark says it should b " Percy Purple " or vice versa...I got a fone call this mornin, from the seller of the car, some guy wants 2 BUY it off of ME....an was wonderin IF I were gonna sell it on....NO-WAY....Not on Yr Aunties Nelly...It's very good indeed...( SO FAR )....
Had 2 drop abt 2 pints of OIL, & 1 pint of water from her though...slightly OVER filled on the liquids...took the hand brake up a couple of notches, pollished Him all over...then it poured down, took out ALL the door seals, thouroughly cleaned 'em up, & drain holes too....plenty of clean water used there...LOL, but in the long run, well worth it...the Underside is absolutely MINT....NO underseal cracked at all....sayin that He is 8 yrs old...& IN Britain...our harsh climates don't look after our vehicles as well as Cali: does....they DON'T build 'em 2 last over here 4 too long....only 30,540 miles from NEW...Vern, I kn U guys do that in a month...LOL....sayin that...I kn Yr GALLON is SMALLER than ours...what abt Yr MILE...is that the SAME as ours,?
R U goin out on the road with Yr A/s, is so, where U Goin / bn...
Give our reguards 2 Nathan....OK...Take care now...Chris.....
Chris.
You sure know how to find a great bargain~
After all the slight detours you've been given I'm pleased, for you, that the tide of fortune has finally turned your way~!!
Miles to go, before I rest my wearied head..
(Sounds almost like a song...lmao)
Well yes, I'll be back to our place in Va., at least once more while the family is off to Africa..I was brought up with the ocean in my backyard`!
If you're real sharp, you might catch up with them when they go thru London, on their return trip..(Sometime in August?)
I must have told you (?) that, I bought another Airstream..So, now I have two of them..lol, I must be nuts~! (In this circle, that's the norm)
Just been working on it every chance I get..It's where you're staying the next time you, and the D/W&D trip over the pond..
I'm on my way out the door in a few minutes to pick up some new curtain hangers (about a 100), and a new shower curtain for the bathroom.
What do you think of "Palm Trees" as a design? Just watch out for the coconuts falling out of those trees~
Happy Father's Day and, we'll be reading again sooon..
Regards to the family for us..
ciao
T7 aka 53FC
Remember, you run out of em first..lol
Again, it's nice to hear that you've gotten your car situation under control.
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 12:53 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Hi Vern....

...Say Vern, U 'ole Sea Dog U.....What U wanna BUY another A/S for ??? LOL, aint U got ENOUGH pain with the one U already have...LMAO...x 10...sigh !
I may have caught a glance of U mention Yr NEW A/S, good luck with Her/Him/IT...LOL...But We had so much goin on over this side of the pond, with My Mum being poorly, Mark gettin run over, my accident, re-car huntin..lots of overtime at work...U kn how it is sometimes, the things U like 2 do, sadly kinda get neglected....but as u rightly say Vern, our luck IS slowly on the way up....Fingers crossed...LOL...
Did I mention our BOSTON trip is OFF 4 nxt April...WE'RE goin ta FLORIDAH, I guess I jus said I aint goin 'cos it WAS TOOOOOOOOOO darn COLD, Bet it was even to cold 4 Jack Frost....lol, So I said I wanna do Fla: agn 21 nights....funny how it did'nt take much 2 get the " Kiddies " on 'ole POPPAS side...Hee, Hee, Hee...So We goin bk in Nov/Dec '05, Don't get Me wrong here BOSTON is a wonderful place, & YES I / we SHALL return...one day.
The Guys were puttin palm trees on the verge of 192, as we were leavin on our last tril outta FL:...L@@KED real cool, + it had changed so much, from '00 to '02...so these last few yrs would seem like a NEW place 2 us...LOL, as U kn we bn 5 times already...I guess U'll soon have as many A/Ss in Yr yard by then...LOL....
Well I gotta walk the 'old pup, & it's LISA's B/Day on wed, ( 28 shhh )! & STILL as cute as ever, Well very NICE 2 read U agn...STAY SAFE....
Hope Yr D/W have a great trip / time out....God bless U all...Chris.....