Old 07-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #29
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Make an outline of AS on ground. Map storage too. Don't forget detail and storage. Etc

We used to layout our home.

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
I would recommend the following based on your recent post. (I missed how many axles will be on your new rig)

Torque wrench up to 250 ft/lb (I bought a ProPride hitch which I am thrilled with and it requires 200+ft/lb to mount it

two bags of the lego type leveling blocks. It has been rare that I needed more.

USAA sent us to Progressive for our insurance. I also have a good friend who is a former Allstate agent and of course swears by them.

If you have dual axles, I bought a yellow plastic ramp that I can drive up on with one wheel leaving the other suspended for tire changes. It was inexpensive and worth it.

I would also second the request from above regarding a list for our medicine cabinets. Especially if you are a PharmD or RPh, it would be great information for all of us. I don't believe I have ever seen anything along those lines here on the Forum. With two teenagers and being very active when we camp, some suggestions would be very welcomed.

2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
a forum member is selling me a husky 25-250 lb wrench still in packaging for 35 bucks...so im covered there now

Dual axels...yes...that yellow ramp I will definately look into..I think I saw it in action on some of the you tube vids of the long long honeymoon folks chaning their flat (well, not them per se).

I will attempt to do som thinking on travel medicine recs

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
he lives up the road from me btw...so we will meet up

Old 07-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
he lives up the road from me btw...so we will meet up
And he's a real cool guy...
Old 07-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #34
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
I will attempt to do some thinking on travel medicine recs
I started with a West Marine 5.0 medical kit, which begins with the assumption that medical assistance is NOT just a phone call away. It has most of the things I could reasonably use for self-administered first aid (being primarily a solo traveler).

I supplement that kit with my prescription medications, hydrocortisone spray, Oragel (nothing makes you miserable quite like a toothache!), Neosporin, and what's left of a tube of prescription Ziox ointment that I still had once my incisions healed up after foot surgery, and which is great for dissolving dead tissue without harming live tissue— great for treating the dead skin from broken blisters, etc.

And a couple of Kotex maxi-pads, which are the very best emergency bandage for applying direct pressure to bleeding wounds (recommended to me by a paramedic). In these days of worry about blood-borne pathogens, pads like that, designed specifically to absorb blood are much preferred over the usual sterile gauze pads.

Plus a roll of Coban, the self-adhesive tape that only sticks to itself and not to your skin. Again, I fell in love with the stuff once I was allowed to redress my surgical incisions following foot surgery.

And a battery-operated headlamp, because it takes both hands for most first aid, and holding a mini-maglite in your teeth makes your jaw hurt after a while.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2016 28' Land Yacht
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
How to pass the time?

Pharmgeek

I sure did not mean to sound flip about football season! It's just my preferred chill out- listening to football on the radio, reading about it on espn, watching it on TV,etc...

Good sideline posts about meds and first aid gear.

And yes get a surge protector.

Tin Cannie Annie
Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCA and GPO View Post
Pharmgeek

I sure did not mean to sound flip about football season! It's just my preferred chill out- listening to football on the radio, reading about it on espn, watching it on TV,etc...

Good sideline posts about meds and first aid gear.

And yes get a surge protector.

Tin Cannie Annie
Oh no! I did not take it as offensive

I started likening football in college in Philly rooting for the eagles

Since mixed to Alabama it's just been different - have not found a niche of friends that are fans to enjoy gameday with

A couple of my friends go to the quad in Tuscaloosa for tailgating for home games and have a ball - I've gone with them but that particular group ain't my cup of tea so I'm still a bit lost

Old 07-31-2013, 03:52 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
As for insurance, you will probably remain with your current carrier because:
1. They give a multi-car discount. Odyssey, Jetta, Ram, T100.
2. They give a multi-line discount. Auto, home, life, RV.
These things together usually make your current carrier's quote extremely competitive.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:37 AM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International
Mobile , Alabama
Must have

Look into purchasing a portable ice machine. You can get one at Camping World if you want to fly first class or check out the Emerson at Target. We have the Emerson and wouldn't be without it. It makes lots of ice really fast. We store the ice in the freezer in extra large Ziploc bags.

You could also come on down to the coast and check out the campgrounds. Anchors Aweigh is our favorite. We just came home from a five week stay there.
WBCCI #10360
Member Southeastern Camping Unit
Bettye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:20 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
sorry for the thread creep. If you make a list, maybe it should be a new thread...
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
portable ice machine...seems like a nice amenity to have...ill def. keep that in mind...depending on it's price I may consider it as opposed to buying ice at outrageous prices...

Aviator...no worries at all...I may create such a thread for sure if there has never been one (surprising really)...I will say though that my training and clinical experience in pharmaceutical care is not heavy at all into wound care, emergency care, and many areas in the arena of "first aid" - it is heavily involved in chronic disease management (blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, anticoagulation, etc) ....I suspect that some folks on this forum with military history or other training may have just as good of ideas as I would have....but it is an excellent idea for a thread..I will search and make sure there is not already one and if not will start one in the coming week or so perhaps.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #41
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
I will say though that my training and clinical experience in pharmaceutical care is not heavy at all into wound care, emergency care, and many areas in the arena of "first aid" - it is heavily involved in chronic disease management (blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, anticoagulation, etc)

I will search and make sure there is not already one and if not will start one in the coming week or so perhaps.
I look forward to it. As a diabetic, I have a vested interest in picking your brain. WebMD, RxList, and MedSense are all great resources that I've become familiar with, but there's no substitute for getting health care tips from a live person.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
most of what I do in primary care is not necessarily heavily technical per se...if we are talking diabetes, it is a matter of motivation and execution of lifestyle changes that are notoriously difficult for patients to comply with...the brain seems to like the signals that goes to it when eating carbohydrates

PS - I had to a few years ago give up on that dirty hooker little debbie....she had a real hold on me...particularly the oatmeal cream pie (the big ones, NOT the small ones)...it was like an addiction though and took me like 6 months to stop eating them (or to stop eating some other garbage replacement)...I rarely eat the stuff now except perhaps on vacation ill buy a box...I did this a month ago while in gulf shores...ate the whole box in like 6 days! Then I craved the hell out of them for a couples weeks after that....

I digress