Old 10-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
We are new to Airstream. There are many questions and the Forum has great, intelligent, helping members. We have met Grand People. Someone
is there whenever we need help with parts, information, and super conversations. Airstream Forums one of the best organizations. Thanks for
the help and guidance. Anne

Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:06 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Originally Posted by campadk
I used the site a lot to research towing, hitches and related issues, as well as purchasing tips and such (2air is most helpful!).

When we 'finally' pickup our AS in a week or so, I'm sure I'll have a raft of other issues to research/discuss. Heck I haven't even dumped a tank yet! newbie alert!

The forum is certainly an endless resource, and I almost need to retire early just to keep up with all the useful and fun posting by such a dedicated group.
Hi, campadk. Let me help you with that tank drain thing; You can borrow my DVD "RV" by Robin Williams.
I joined after becomeing an Airstream owner and have been hooked ever sense. I feel that I have gained a new life time of friends with something in common. I am opinionated and have stated that. I agree with some of you and disagree with others, but you all are still my friends. I have made some of you laugh ["My wife timed me with a sun dial"] and others sad. ["My two little dogs died"] I have used some of my knowledge and experiences to help you; And have learned from you who have knowledge and experiences different than mine. I am on this site every night almost til midnight; My wife has to pry my hands off of this key board. I think I have the uncureable disease "ALUMINITUS".

ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:52 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
I didn't know about this site when I bought my first A/S. It was a '98 Safari, well kept - I used my mechanical and RV (SOB) experience along with some gut instinct to make that purchase. That trailer was totalled in August, it got rear-ended by a truck.

While searching for another A/S (is there another brand anymore?) I discovered this site. I was originally looking at a similar age trailer as my '98, but was also considering older ones due to the lack of help ($$) from my insurance. The information found on this site kept me from buying a trailer with tail-sag. I would never have known the significance of the bulge/crease over the wheel. With the information I learned here, I was able to find a '72 GT in great shape. We returned last night from it's maiden voyage - great trip!

I have been educated, and in a rare instance or two, have been able to educate. It has been fun to read and post and learn. Thank you to all who have contributed to my airstream experience and knowledge through this site.

Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:27 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Dear Forum members,,, yes, am so thankful for many things arising from membership. Great new friends,,, help in finding my Safari,,, help with a decision and sale of another vintage trailer,,, a very late night rescue of a stuck on furnace fan,,, lots of laughs,,, lots of encouragement,,,lots of problems solved with search button,,, kind folks,, beautiful trailers,,, information,, love and streams!!! donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member
1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Besides the obvious benefits of the Forums (great links, tips on where to find replacement parts, and step-by-step DIY fixes), I've found so much INSPIRATION and MOTIVATION from the Forums. I always leave my forum-browsing sessions rejuvinated and ready to tackle another project on the Safari.

Thank you!
hey you, get off of my flying cloud
airdrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #20
Rivet Master
1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
I don't have a big enough readout on my calcuator to add up all the times I need information and found or received help from the folks here.
Just wish I had known of this site prior to buying our Airstream and I could have saved myself a lot of time, money and work.

garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:35 AM   #21

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
The Forums are my favorite place. The info here has helped us immensely with all of our Airstreaming.

SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote