Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
... A good time...

... Well, it sounds like U ALL hadda smashin time, & U all deserve it 2... We seen the F/W campground, on a few of our trips 2 Fla:... it is a truely amazin place... inbetween all those trees...wow... Whats Boondockin ?, I hear it a lot in the '50s songs, but not sure... well I am English...LOL... Fireworks, I bet Disney's fireworks were ACE... & the Shuttle up also, U Guys must have had a real treat 2 remember 4 many years 2 come... Chris.....
Old 07-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #22
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
... Well, it sounds like U ALL hadda smashin time, & U all deserve it 2... We seen the F/W campground, on a few of our trips 2 Fla:... it is a truely amazin place... inbetween all those trees...wow... Whats Boondockin ?, I hear it a lot in the '50s songs, but not sure... well I am English...LOL... Fireworks, I bet Disney's fireworks were ACE... & the Shuttle up also, U Guys must have had a real treat 2 remember 4 many years 2 come... Chris.....
Well, at least until October when we go back to "Mickey's Not So Scarry Halloween Party"! We've decided if its for less than a week, we'll do Ft. Wilderness. If it for a week, it's going to be a Disney Deluxe!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #23
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
U Guys must have had a real treat 2 remember 4 many years 2 come... Chris.....
Yeah Chris, were still celebrating getting your King George off our necks, 230 years later!

November 5th will be here soon, then you can have your own celebration!
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Bought a new car (Honda Civic LX)
Ate lots of smoked pork and beef ribs, cole slaw, potato salad and fresh tomatos.
Drank lots of Coors Light.
Practiced Cumberland Gap, Ground Hog and Foggy Mountain Breakdown on my 5-String.
Life is good!
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:36 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
We took our '65 Overlander on it's first REAL road trip since the rebuild. 450 miles round trip to Paradise Lakes campground in Bristolville, OH to visit family I have in the area. No problems whatsoever, had a fun ride up and back. Ended up in a site right next to neighbors I had growing up and, come to find out, the owners of the campground now own the house I grew up in! Small world! Nice campground BTW- quiet, clean, and full of friendly folks. Many comments on how nice our AS looked - most could not believe it's a '65! I couldn't have had a better time! All the blood, sweat, and $$$$$ spent fixin' her was definately worth it! --dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paradise1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	23200  
Streamin 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
Spent the morning of July 4th walking around Fredricksburg, Tx. checking out the sights and the afternoon in Luckenbach listing to live music and enjoying the company of many people doing the same thing. It was a great way to spend the day!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
This is so neat to follow the 4th around the USofA through all your celebrations! Sounds like we are enjoying all the day intends We know our nations defenders have been remembered during all the festivities as well. Chris, "boondocking" is camping without benefit of any services, meaning you provide your own water needs, energy needs, and tote out your "refuse," of ALL kinds Takes some special planning, but when you are able to provide all these needs, you can camp in some spectacular out of the way places that more conventional camping never sees. ~G Any more 4th adventures to share?
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #28
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
We had a bunch of friends over, some of them forum members. I think the total was 16, not counting pets. Of these, two families were new Rv'ers that we have talked into RVing . Unfortunately, they bought SOB's, but you have to start somewhere. One family hates Airstreams, as they are considered "old fuddy-duddy" trailers, the other couldn't find an Airstream motor home within the budget.
5 pounds of ground chuck (not our mod-erator), 4 pounds of hot dogs, a half-gallon of Bacardi(no, I didn't drink all of it, I left some for the others), swimming, games, tv, and fireworks (you couls see our city's fireworks from our front yard), although most guests had left before the fireworks started.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Uhmmmm,

Most of the half gallon of bacardi was drunk (yes i mean drunk) by my sisters and friends while we were in the pool. Kept yelling for the barkeep, and the kids were yelling for applejuice. barkeep Terry, kept us well supplied while the men did the cooking. Don't feel to bad today.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Marie
Old 07-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #30
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Petunia and I spent the 4th at the Washington Land Yacht Harbor in Lacey ... been here since June 9th. The city of Lacey put on a fireworks show on the 3rd ... we could see it from a distance ... while dining with forum members Jim & Karen (OreExcella).

This is the last year for legal fireworks in Lacey ... so on the 4th all hell broke loose ... big loud booms all day ... and skyrockets all night long ... well past midnight. Festive activities from Fort Lewis sounded like thunder and looked like ball lightning. Then this morning they resumed with their shelling again.

Now this place is nearly filled with everyone coming up after the International ... they kept rolling in all day long. The more the merrier!

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:38 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2003 33' Land Yacht 33
Fort Myers , Florida
We spent the weekend at the Pennwood Airstream CG in Limestone, Pa; it's the best kept secret in all of Airstreamdom. Look it up at http://pennwood.org/ . We had good weather and good friends with us, what more could one ask for on July 4th weeekend?

We signed up for a yearly lease as we intend to use the site as a launch pad for exploring all of western PA.
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
This n That...

... Goood mornin 2U ALL... & 4 those of U with a hangover... serves U right...LOL... Minnie Mate... U wanna C the SNOW at the Very Merry Xmas Party at Disney, now that's wot I call SCAREY... SNOW in FLORIDA... Once is an Accident, but on purpose...well thats jus real Scarey...LMAO...
Markdoane.... King Geroge off Yr Backs... well We were GLAD 2...LOL, gee U gotta long Memory... & as 4U Rseagle, aint Cumberland Gap a lttl FAST 4U, I thought those String pluckers were meant 2B played real slow, except 4 Duelin Banjo's in Deliverence, 'cos vats jus 4 the film...LOL... I actualy LIKE Blue grass, can't play YET, ( Dyslexic Finger Syndrome ) but I'm learnin 2 count now, I'm up to 4 on one hand &..... 3 toes, a pinky & a foot thumb on the other... so I'll soon B there... !!!...
Well U ALL sounds tho U hadda FUBULUS time celebratin, realy enjoy readin U... Take care now...Chris.....
Old 07-10-2006, 12:07 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Goose Creek , South Carolina
Ahh, fourth of july vacation, hooked up on june 30th and hit the road to see some dear friends of ours that moved to Lake George NY, there house sale couldn't get completed until the 6th of july so we parked our Airstreams at a local campground and had ourself a ball.
Holzarbeiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #34
_

. , .
here are a couple of seven-four threads that i liked...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...uly-12363.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/happy-4th-5265.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...4th-17218.html

we don't read much from these folks now...

can't help thinking if past relatives of the 'banjo man' had been in charge back in 1770 the separation might have been easier...

love the photos of peters moho...

klattu where are ya? we need some wonder woman shots!

and 'driftwood' may be the longest running fella to stay at 500 posts...

perhaps if we all send him karma tomorrow, he will break the silence....

usually i travel/camp on the 4th.

last year was particularly nice since we rally'd in oregon...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...4-a-19792.html

silver falls was sweet, and i see the pic links still work. check out the pictures!

we had a grand time.

close to the international...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...gon-23910.html

which also had some high points...

opted not to travel this year...

and only needed a chair in the driveway to enjoy the pyrotechnics....

brighter, boomier and higher all the rockets seemed.

max liked 'em too.

as the boom show continued for 25-30 minutes,

i found myself wondering about folks who live in a world

where regular daily explosions happen.

it's no show for those poor souls

and they can't turn it off or drive away from the danger...

so on independence day this year

i'll be thinking about all the folks worldwide who aren't.

blessings 2all and have a safe celebration...

in the united states of airstreams...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
I'm off work all this week and spent most of the day weeding the garden. Tomorrow, July 4th, I'll be installing my third solar panel with the same son who helped me with the other two. It will be an hour or so of shooting the breeze with my youngest boy and then he'll be running off with his friends to who knows where. The wife is working nights this week and will be sleeping during the day. I guess this will be a low key 4th for us.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Well, we only have the day off tomorrow. We will spend part of it packing the AS for a weekend trip to San Antonio Lake. Looking forward to camping 10 steps from the lake in 100 degree heat, planted in the shade, sipping Mojitos, OR lounging on the flotation device in the 70 degree water, sipping Mojitos, with the faithful Labrador Retrievers towing us around the lake.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet 4th Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowolf
Well, we only have the day off tomorrow. We will spend part of it packing the AS for a weekend trip to San Antonio Lake. Looking forward to camping 10 steps from the lake in 100 degree heat, planted in the shade, sipping Mojitos, OR lounging on the flotation device in the 70 degree water, sipping Mojitos, with the faithful Labrador Retrievers towing us around the lake.
Sounds like a good trip you have planned.

I only have tomorrow off, so I planned ahead tonight. Made fresh salsa, grilled a ham steak, and put on a pot of black beans it the mini Crock-Pot. I'll do a Tex-Mex style 4th tomorrow, with no work involved. Ok, if the avocados get ripe, I may make guacamole too.

Vaughan
vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:46 PM   #38
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Smile Hi

Staying Home. To many nuts on the road during the holiday.
Russell
RUSSELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:51 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
2Air, nice post.

I'll be at work at the fire station in SLOWOLF's town - trying to keep him safe.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #40
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
We will spend the day with family. Visit mom's grave, my first 4th without her, miss her a lot! Will take the grandkids down to the lake where the city pulls a big barge out in the middle and shoots off the fireworks. Always a beautiful sight to behold. Im sure the 2 little ones ( 2 and 4) will get a big kick out of them.
Hope to go camping for a few days if we can find somewhere to go. All of them are booked up this week .
Hope everyone has a Safe and Happy 4th! I know it has been said before, but do be careful. I had a cousin lose an eye to a bottle rocket. Two grown men shooting them at one another, you would think they would have known better!
Tammy
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote