Old 07-05-2006, 02:53 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Happy Hols...

...Well I tried & tried, but NO way could I get in2 ASF Yesterday... at all, so Here it is... " HAPPY 4th JULY 2U ALL "... however I did listen 2 the Shuttle via My scanner, I picked up some repeater mode & heard lots of things, followed by the Press Questions, I was on a high all nite & still excited I heard Our Guy talkin abt His payload bay & His 2 tones of gear 4 the Stace station... Anyhow I realy hope U Guys enjoyed Yrselfes & if Yr on Vacation, I'll B lookin 4ward 2 readin all abt Yr adventures, so wotever U do, PLEASE do it SAFELY, & ENJOY...Chris.....

Old 07-05-2006, 05:56 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Spent the weekend in the Airstream, boondocking on the Suwanee river, here in Florida. Friends invited us to camp with them on their 25 acre lot. We had 3 boats and did a lot of spring hopping and river cruising. I'll post some pics later!

Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:45 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1990 25' Airstream 250
Altoona , Georgia
Watched the launch from the community's clubhouse - prepaired pork loin for a group of 50 - enjoyed same. We Americans are truly blessed.
I live in Salt Springs Village - the ulitimate homebase located in the Ocala National Forest. Send a PM for more information.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:08 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
We had a clambake/cookout at our lakehouse with friends.....mmmmm good. Our son topped off the evening by putting on a great fireworks display along with everyone else at the lake. The place was really lit up!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #19
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Our city's childrens' parade lines up in front of our house, so the whole morning is usually a steady stream of kids in costume, decorated wagons and bikes, and the occasional over-the-top pirate ship or covered wagon. We were decorating our yard, and in pulling out the decorations I came across some leftovers from a 4th of July party we had a few years ago. I decided all that stuff had to go - patriotic leis, necklaces, bubbles, gliders, and pinwheels. We hauled the box of prizes down to the sidewalk and started handing them out to the kids. We had a blast - we've decided to do this again next year. Totally worth it to see all those smiles!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #20
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
We were at Ft. Wilderness Campground at Walt Disney World. Great campground. Amoung all the other activities available to campground guest, we watched the annual golf cart parade. So neat we are planning on putting our own entry in next year...just have to buy a golf cart between now and then. Anybody now a good source for golf carts at a bargin?
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:03 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
... A good time...

... Well, it sounds like U ALL hadda smashin time, & U all deserve it 2... We seen the F/W campground, on a few of our trips 2 Fla:... it is a truely amazin place... inbetween all those trees...wow... Whats Boondockin ?, I hear it a lot in the '50s songs, but not sure... well I am English...LOL... Fireworks, I bet Disney's fireworks were ACE... & the Shuttle up also, U Guys must have had a real treat 2 remember 4 many years 2 come... Chris.....
Old 07-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #22
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
... Well, it sounds like U ALL hadda smashin time, & U all deserve it 2... We seen the F/W campground, on a few of our trips 2 Fla:... it is a truely amazin place... inbetween all those trees...wow... Whats Boondockin ?, I hear it a lot in the '50s songs, but not sure... well I am English...LOL... Fireworks, I bet Disney's fireworks were ACE... & the Shuttle up also, U Guys must have had a real treat 2 remember 4 many years 2 come... Chris.....
Well, at least until October when we go back to "Mickey's Not So Scarry Halloween Party"! We've decided if its for less than a week, we'll do Ft. Wilderness. If it for a week, it's going to be a Disney Deluxe!
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #23
Site Team

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
U Guys must have had a real treat 2 remember 4 many years 2 come... Chris.....
Yeah Chris, were still celebrating getting your King George off our necks, 230 years later!

November 5th will be here soon, then you can have your own celebration!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Bought a new car (Honda Civic LX)
Ate lots of smoked pork and beef ribs, cole slaw, potato salad and fresh tomatos.
Drank lots of Coors Light.
Practiced Cumberland Gap, Ground Hog and Foggy Mountain Breakdown on my 5-String.
Life is good!
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
We took our '65 Overlander on it's first REAL road trip since the rebuild. 450 miles round trip to Paradise Lakes campground in Bristolville, OH to visit family I have in the area. No problems whatsoever, had a fun ride up and back. Ended up in a site right next to neighbors I had growing up and, come to find out, the owners of the campground now own the house I grew up in! Small world! Nice campground BTW- quiet, clean, and full of friendly folks. Many comments on how nice our AS looked - most could not believe it's a '65! I couldn't have had a better time! All the blood, sweat, and $$$$$ spent fixin' her was definately worth it! --dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paradise1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	23200  
Old 07-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
Spent the morning of July 4th walking around Fredricksburg, Tx. checking out the sights and the afternoon in Luckenbach listing to live music and enjoying the company of many people doing the same thing. It was a great way to spend the day!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
This is so neat to follow the 4th around the USofA through all your celebrations! Sounds like we are enjoying all the day intends We know our nations defenders have been remembered during all the festivities as well. Chris, "boondocking" is camping without benefit of any services, meaning you provide your own water needs, energy needs, and tote out your "refuse," of ALL kinds Takes some special planning, but when you are able to provide all these needs, you can camp in some spectacular out of the way places that more conventional camping never sees. ~G Any more 4th adventures to share?
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #28
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
We had a bunch of friends over, some of them forum members. I think the total was 16, not counting pets. Of these, two families were new Rv'ers that we have talked into RVing . Unfortunately, they bought SOB's, but you have to start somewhere. One family hates Airstreams, as they are considered "old fuddy-duddy" trailers, the other couldn't find an Airstream motor home within the budget.
5 pounds of ground chuck (not our mod-erator), 4 pounds of hot dogs, a half-gallon of Bacardi(no, I didn't drink all of it, I left some for the others), swimming, games, tv, and fireworks (you couls see our city's fireworks from our front yard), although most guests had left before the fireworks started.