Old 05-27-2002, 09:21 PM   #1
Rivet Master
1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Honoring Our Fallen Freedom Fighters

At the close of the Memorial Day, May 27th,2002 I would like to take a minute to thank the Veterans, both living and passed, for giving so selflessly of themselves.

Whether it was our Grandfathers, Grandmothers, Fathers, Mothers, Aunts, Uncles, Brother, Sisters, Friends and Neighbors, when called upon, whether we all agreed upon the conflict or not, these fine people have risen, and continue to rise to the occasion and defend our Liberties that this great country, The United States of America, was founded upon.

MarilynW and I live in an older neighborhood in a town in south central Texas. We seem to have a large group of retired folks along our street. Marilyn and I are in our mid 40's.

We decided to invite about 40 of these fine people to gather for some food and fellowship. We had never done something like this before. We figured that some would come by, everyone being so busy these days and all. Everyone we invited showed up! We were stunned. Most of us had never met everyone before. We had set up one long table for everyone to sit at for the dinner. It was like one giant family.

Many of these people are Veterans and I was just so pleased to be in their presence. They talked humblely of some of their exploits and of some of the neighbors who passed on in the last couple years or so and could not be with us and are greatly missed. It was just great.

The only thing I can say, is this has been one of the best days of my life and I just wanted to share it with my new friends here. If any of you are Veterans, I would just like to give you my humble thanks.

Veterans, Thank-You again!

Proud to be an American

AIR# 123

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 10:08 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
Thanks Bobby for your remarks, not enough can be done in my opinion to adequately thank the men & women who gave & went through so much as they did for our country. War is hell we must always remember that and also remember all gave some, some gave all. Besides flying the stars & stripes this weekend I even changed my avtar to the flag for this weekend, probably goes un-noticed but it meant alot to me. And thanks what you did for your neighbors & neighborhood, I think you made it a better place to live by doing that.

Enjoy your freedom? Thank a vet.

Veteran, United States Navy
83Excella is offline   Reply With Quote