Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Holiday Airstream gift ideas. . .

Browsing through accumulated catalog deliveries, I came across a "little" for the holidays-with an Airstream theme. In a mailing called NorthStyle, Holiday 2004, I found a 10 light set of Airstream Lights, cute as can be, "Bubble" type of AS. Could be eyecatching on a holiday tree, or to decorate inside the Airstream for the holidays--if you're into that kind of thing. They light up-may be just the same as lights to hang on an awning outside, who knows? But, they were cute, priced for a 10 light set at $19.95 or two sets for $17.99 each. Anyone else finding anything "Airstream" themed for the holidays or gift ideas?
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:33 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Christmas Trailer

Hi Georgia,

Here is a Christmas Trailer that a friend gave me last year. In fact I was given two - one from two different friends!

I found it tonight still in the Solutions catalog.

Web site: http://www.solutionscatalog.com/jump...CT&sSearch=YES

Or you can just go to solutionscatalog.com and do a search on the word "christmas" and it will find the christmas trailer.

Also, I purchased the Airstream ornament from the Airstream.com site last year. I just love the ornament; I have kept it out all year. The picture does not reflect its beauty!

From the Airstream.com web site:
Airstream Ornament
A very special Airstream holiday ornament modeled after the 1949 Airstream Classic trailer. Hand blown glass made in Poland.

Have fun shopping and let us know what you find!

-Sheila
Attached Images

WolfSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:41 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Found this on the NorthStyle.com site:

Our Airstream® “Bambi” Trailer from Fairfield Mint is guaranteed to transport you back to the 1950s. This masterfully recreated, 1:18-scale collectible replica is packed floor to ceiling with true-to-life details—more than 110 parts! Lift the removable roof panel and look inside: The interior is fully equipped with everything for a memorable family vacation. Check out the miniature sink, propane stove, bed, and dinette. There’s even a tiny fridge! Open the trailer door to reveal the screen and authentic travel stickers. Look around back and you’ll see the propane tanks. Nothing was overlooked. Die-cast metal and plastic. x 11"L x 5"W x 6"H.

The lights look fun!!
Attached Images

WolfSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:37 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1982 28' Airstream 280
St. Matthews , South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Snadi Send a message via Yahoo to Snadi
I too received the Christmas Trailer last Christmas as a gift and it is one of my favorite Christmas decorations.
Member SC Coastal Unit 150 and Friend of Chuck
Snadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 06:49 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
Cracker Barrel restaurants has a salt and pepper shaker of the airstream and the pink car. I plan to hang them on the tree. And one of the catalogues (not solutions) features pink flamingos with santa hats for tree ornaments. They are on the cover of whatever the catalogue it is (I get too many, sigh, poor trees) . silver suz.
silver suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:08 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfSong
Found this on the NorthStyle.com site:

Our Airstream® “Bambi” Trailer from Fairfield Mint is guaranteed to transport you back to the 1950s. This masterfully recreated, 1:18-scale collectible replica is packed floor to ceiling with true-to-life details—more than 110 parts! Lift the removable roof panel and look inside: The interior is fully equipped with everything for a memorable family vacation. Check out the miniature sink, propane stove, bed, and dinette. There’s even a tiny fridge! Open the trailer door to reveal the screen and authentic travel stickers. Look around back and you’ll see the propane tanks. Nothing was overlooked. Die-cast metal and plastic. x 11"L x 5"W x 6"H.
That Airstream Bambi trailer for $49.95 from Fairfield Mint looks exactly like the MotorCity Classic version (right down to the same WBCCI numbers) that I purchased on sale at LL Bean (for $39.95) in Freeport, ME this past summer.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:53 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
the catalogue "What on Earth" has flamingo shirts, a tee with pink flamingos on black, dress, lit pink flamingo for outside decor, glass flamingo xmas ornaments, flamingo glasses and pitcher with your name on them, a "caution" flamingo crossing sign, a flamingo motel clock with pink neon and the "last for the best in kitch"-a stuffed flamingo that dances to jingle bells. Someone on this staff must have an airstream. 1-800-945-2552. silver suz
silver suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:55 PM   #8
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
1950's 1:18 die cast AS

What's the deal with these replicas? It seems like everyone and his brother is selling this same item at prices all over the board. For example:
EBAY $32.95
AIRSTREAMDREAMS $49.95
SPUTNIKTOYS $79.99

I got one for Xmas last year and the door broke off the first time I opened it.
Cute...yes, quality craftsmanship...no.

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Those Airstream holiday lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Browsing through accumulated catalog deliveries, I came across a "little" for the holidays-with an Airstream theme. In a mailing called NorthStyle, Holiday 2004, I found a 10 light set of Airstream Lights, cute as can be, "Bubble" type of AS. Could be eyecatching on a holiday tree, or to decorate inside the Airstream for the holidays--if you're into that kind of thing. They light up-may be just the same as lights to hang on an awning outside, who knows? But, they were cute, priced for a 10 light set at $19.95 or two sets for $17.99 each. Anyone else finding anything "Airstream" themed for the holidays or gift ideas?
You can find those lights online at http://www.northstyle.com and then search on the word "Airstream".
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:42 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Airstream Bambi Trailer all the way from England

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
That Airstream Bambi trailer for $49.95 from Fairfield Mint looks exactly like the MotorCity Classic version (right down to the same WBCCI numbers) that I purchased on sale at LL Bean (for $39.95) in Freeport, ME this past summer.
I saw and bought that very same Bambi trailer at the Big Boys Toy Store outside Windsor Castle in England last May. It cost me 49 lbs ($88) but it came with another equal price matching scale model car of your choice. I picked a '56 Chevy. I thought I was doing OK until I realized we bought too much to carry home and we had to go to Mailboxes to ship it back to the USA. The shipping cost was more than the purchase! Oh well, live and learn. I knew better but it just got the better of me.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:40 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog0525
What's the deal with these replicas? It seems like everyone and his brother is selling this same item at prices all over the board. For example:
EBAY $32.95
AIRSTREAMDREAMS $49.95
SPUTNIKTOYS $79.99
Caveat Emptor ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:16 AM   #12
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Airstream Linocut Block Prints and Watercolor Paintings

Well, the holidays are rapidly approching (I see decorations up everywhere) and we MUST get those wishlists started!! Here is another idea for all. I purchased one of these last month and love it. It is an original linocut block print on japanese rice paper - 5x8 - of her 1954 22' AS Safari. She sells them on e-bay(ofcourse) and thru Airsteamdreams.com. They are signed and numbered. I love this one, which will hang in our 22' Argosy Minuet, because it has the MOON in it She has created over 150 different pictures of her trailer in both linocut and watercolor - another cute one was called the "Tiki Trailer". Right now I only see Christmas cards on her e-bay store, but check it out, she is probibly busy creating right now.
Attached Images

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:02 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Great Gift Idea for the "Streamer" in the Family

I just wanted to be sure that all of the Forum members (and spouses) were aware of a great gift opportunity.

It's difficult to get me a gift I truly appreciate. If I need a tool or a toy, I just buy it, and providence pretty much provides for the rest.

But a very dear friend of mine hit the nail on the head recently.

Here's a picture of hand painted tray by Catstream, a Forum member, which was "commissioned" by my friend.

All in all, the painting has captured the essence of my life for the past couple of years. All five of the dogs are depicted showing off their personalities, Mary and I are shown doing what we do best, chilling with our favorite adult beverage, watching the pups explore their ever-changing "yard", and of course, the centerpiece, the Xilver Xeppelin.

CatStream has provided visual representation of several nuances that were verbalized to her by my friend. What a great artistic talent CatStream has, to be able to depict with images the “feelings” that were described to her!

It's only been recently in my life that I really appreciate more profound meanings of "life", and CatStream and my friend collaborated to touch me deeply.

Hey, for the price that CatStream (http://www.airforums.com/forums/member.php?u=70) charges, there's no reason that most all of the Forum members should not have one of these.

"CatStream" can also be contacted via the "Member Search".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MoHo Painting on Wood Tray.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	9588  

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Found this website that had some cool Airstream ideas for gifts.

Custom T-Shirts, Unique Gifts, Posters, & Personalized Mugs | CafePress

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote