Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2015, 08:04 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Try Mafdet, Sekhmet (and some links)

I found this name, a stone cat, the earliest feline Egyptian goddess
Mafdet
and Sekhmet

Cat Breeds - List of Cat Breeds - Cat Breed Information
What is the Oldest Domestic Cat Breed? | 8 Ancient Cat Breeds | Pawsitively Pets
Sphynx cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Feline Forever: Mythology - cats in Ancient Egypt
The Cat in Ancient Egypt
Cats in Ancient Egypt (Mafdet and Sekhmet)
Ancient Egypt Online: Cats in Ancient Egypt

Since she didn't write it down, I would think it would be easy for her to remember. You can also try things like maumau or mau-mau or mau_mau

Have you looked in the area where the computer was? She may have written it on the back of the keyboard, picture, bottom of a drawer, back of the computer or in some opening door on the computer.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:45 AM   #22
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. There are some good sites for me to research, and I will do that over the next few days/weeks.

This just proves how good passwords are to secure your information. And then if she added a number, it may be impossible?

Heather did not write these things down, so I am stumped at this point. I will not give up on this. If I am not able to access this in the next couple weeks, I will just put the drive into her file cabinet, and hope that I do see the light some day?

I have been through most of her 'stuff' but, like mentioned above, might come across something in the future.

Thanks again

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:12 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
Hi Dave
I would be looking for something more personal. Perhaps her reference is an inside joke to remind her of a previous pet or object. Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 03-31-2015, 02:21 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Have you tried a ouija board, he said, tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I agree with Jim, it's nothing so obvious as an actual cat name or breed. It must be a trigger for something else. She may even have changed the password and didn't change the hint.

It could be anything, I think the files are lost to the ages. Sorry, wish there was something we could do.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:43 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Analyse the other pw's she used for that second number part, memory hints for those that like to remember a lot of names or words is to make up a sentence from the letters in the hint, might be as simple as taking the f irst letter of each word of the hint phrase. When dw's windows xp crashed, I bought a new computer for her and just let the old one sit. She used that for why she likes paper photos, heard about it for three years finally decided I had heard enough about the lost pictures and spent a week researching and managed to recover them by using a program to reinstall by doing a repair instead of a complete reformat. Windows allows you to keep passwords in a file so that you don't have to type in each time, somebody else suggested, might be hard to find but easier than the needle in the haystack.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:01 PM   #26
flygrrl

1962 19' Globetrotter
Winchester , Ontario
Sekhmet, and Bastet are the ones that come to mind for me.
flygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:30 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
R E M C

Rare Egyptian Marble Cat
Old 03-31-2015, 10:00 PM   #28
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
For some reason I keep thinking that CLICKFREE should be able to do something for you. For sure this isn't the first time they have had a user lose important documents through no fault of their own. And we often hear about "back doors" used to unlock entry to complex programs (OK, that part is in the movies, but...).

I would think it through carefully, and have a go at their support group. (Clickfree Product Support - Clickfree)

You just never know. If the support group aren't able to help you I would be tempted to go up a rung or two, to the executives of the company. Someone there has to 1) know what could be used to get it unlocked, and 2) have the authority to do it.

Until you do exhaust that route, I wouldn't discuss it here any more. Not because you don't trust us, but anyone can read this, without even being registered. Your discussion here could scare off CLICKFREE too, by the way.

Good luck, Dave.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:17 PM   #29
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Just to make sure you're not overlooking the obvious, have you tried "rareegyptianmarblecat" the clue itself all run together as one word?

The reason for the clue is that it triggers word association, and what is easier to associate with a clue than the clue itself?