Old 04-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Help get RV Today back on the air

Hi, folks
The TV show RV Today is no longer on the tube. I always enjoyed the show and find it much better than the other RVing shows that have appeared from time to time since. Stew, the main person on the show, was, for me, refreshingly candid, open, maybe a little naive, but always very pleasant.

Meanwhile, I've gotten to know Stew via email. And what I've found out is that he is trying to get the show back on the air with the Outdoor Channel. To help out in this endeavor, I started a letter-writing campaign over the RV.net. Interestingly, one of the very first responses to the campaign was from a member of the California Jayco Members association, who is trying to get members of that group to join in the campaign.

Humm. So how about us Airstreamers? Ok, so what I'm going to do is to insert below the very text that I put into the RV.net. I hope you'll take part in the campaign as well!

Oh, and, of course, the silver lining, if things turn out as hoped! Since I've gotten to know Stew, and he knows that I'm behind this effort, I'd like to invite him to a WBCCI rally. Cool!

Ok, below's the original post along with letter-writing help!

Lynn
===============
I want to encourage all of you to lend your support to bringing RV Today back to television! The Outdoor Channel has shown interest in broadcasting the show, and they need to be "tipped over the edge" with our input! And giving input couldn't be simpler: You just follow a link, fill in some information, and click "submit."
It is very important that the Outdoor Channel know information like the following:
  1. People know and enjoy RV Today from the years it has been on.
  2. They like the personality of the show and the information they get from watching.
  3. The show offers a credible look at the industry.
  4. The show is an example of good family programming that is hard to find on TV.
  5. Viewers are RVers and spend money on the RVs, products, services highlighted on the show.
  6. The show would be a really nice fit with the programming on The Oudoor Channel.
Here are some demographics about RVers that you are free to pick and choose from:
  • There are an estimated 30 million RV enthusiasts in the United States
  • One out of every 10 vehicle-owning households in the US owns an RV. That number rises to one in nine among households headed by 35 to 54 year-olds.
  • The number of RV-owning HOUSEHOLDS is expected to rise to some 10.4 million in the year 2010.
  • The average RV owner is 48 years old, owns their own home, is married, has a household income of $47,000, buys in order to travel and camp.
OK, SO HOW CAN WE TAKE PART? Just click on the link below, enter your commentary to support the program, and click "submit." I've already done it; please join in!

Here's the link! (I think it would be best to select "Programming Department" in the drop-down list that you see.)

Link to Outdoor Channel input form

Below this message, I'll add in the message that I sent to the Outdoor Channel. You should NOT just copy and paste it in as your message, because its effect will be nearly zilch! You should write your own letter, modifiy a little, craft it a bit, to say what you want to say in order to support RV Today!

Lynn
Quote:
I would like to encourage you to add the program RV Today to the programming lineup at the Outdoor Channel. RV Today is a first-rate family-oriented program that has always been very positively received by the RVing public in North America and would make a great addition to Outdoor Channel programming.
It is perhaps important for you to know that RVing is a very popular outdoor activity. And we're not talking about just a few people here! Some 30 million people enjoy RVing in the United States today, and that number is predicted to rise significantly in the coming years. These millions of people spend a great deal of money on their RVs, often hundreds of thousands of dollars. And standing behind these millions of enthusiasts is a multimillion dollar RV industry!
In closing, I strongly encourage you to include RV Today in your lineup. You'll have a very large ready-made audience, and you'll surely have RV-industry advertisers knocking at your door!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
My customized reply has been sent in to the Outdoor Channel.

Thanks for taking the time to make this post and to make it easy to get on the "RV Today" band wagon.

AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
I just wanted to let folks know that the letter-writing campaign seems to have made a difference! Stew is going to be back on the air with the Outdoor Channel. His new show is called "RVRoadStew" and he has his own website:

RV Road Stew

The site includes a forum; I've already posted there a couple of times, including links to the Four Corners Unit, to our recent trip log to Zion, and to Navajo National Monument(one of our favorite places).

Oh, it might be important that Stew likes Airstreams, especially vintage rigs!

Lynn
Old 05-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
We sent one too. Glad it has made a difference Good for you for promoting this! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Colleyville , Texas
That was quick. Way to go! We'll look forward to viewing once again.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
I sent my email before I read that the show is already scheduled to be on the air....I have been searching for the show....we Tivoed all of the segments......thanks for the alert. pj
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Southport (Panama City) , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ibgl6
I sent a message too.. great to have ole Stew back....

Air#15607 TAC FL-2

Good Sam (LifeTime Member)
ibgl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:36 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
I was just over on Stew's forum. It's new so there are only about twelve members. I joined and you should too. We can make a strong Airstream presence there and hopefully sway Stew to put more Airstreams and Airstream events on his show.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #9
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
I was just over on Stew's forum. It's new so there are only about twelve members. I joined and you should too. We can make a strong Airstream presence there and hopefully sway Stew to put more Airstreams and Airstream events on his show.
Good point! If we get a Big Foot in the door, maybe we can make a good showing! I'm going to search through my little archive to see if I have any extra airstream pics. (Unfortunately, I got infected by one of my hit-the-delete-key viruses just yesterday when the archive was looking ugly and unorganized, so there may not be much left!)

Lynn
Old 05-20-2007, 08:47 AM   #10
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
I joined also.
Stew #9

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
I joined also.
Stew #9
I joined and am #10.......won't you join, too?
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #12
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Folks, I'm dredging this thread back up because Stew (RV Today/RV Road Stew) needs sponsors for the show. He's approached Camping World / FreedomRoads (Big Bucks Outfits), and they seem interested. What we're trying to do now is to tip the balance with a letter writing campaign to them.

I've prepared a little page with relevant info, a model letter, all that. If you could write a note to them, it'd help! Here's the URL of the page I prepared:

RV Road Stew support

Lynn