The TV show RV Today
is no longer on the tube. I always enjoyed the show and find it much better than the other RVing shows that have appeared from time to time since. Stew, the main person on the show, was, for me, refreshingly candid, open, maybe a little naive, but always very pleasant.
Meanwhile, I've gotten to know Stew via email. And what I've found out is that he is trying to get the show back on the air with the Outdoor Channel. To help out in this endeavor, I started a letter-writing campaign over the RV.net. Interestingly, one of the very first responses to the campaign was from a member of the California Jayco Members association, who is trying to get members of that group to join in the campaign.
Humm. So how about us Airstreamers? Ok, so what I'm going to do is to insert below the very text that I put into the RV.net. I hope you'll take part in the campaign as well!
Oh, and, of course, the silver lining, if things turn out as hoped! Since I've gotten to know Stew, and he knows that I'm behind this effort, I'd like to invite him to a WBCCI rally. Cool!
Ok, below's the original post along with letter-writing help!
I want to encourage all of you to lend your support to bringing RV Today
back to television! The Outdoor Channel has shown interest in broadcasting the show, and they need to be "tipped over the edge" with our input! And giving input couldn't be simpler: You just follow a link, fill in some information, and click "submit."
It is very important that the Outdoor Channel know information like the following:
- People know and enjoy RV Today from the years it has been on.
- They like the personality of the show and the information they get from watching.
- The show offers a credible look at the industry.
- The show is an example of good family programming that is hard to find on TV.
- Viewers are RVers and spend money on the RVs, products, services highlighted on the show.
- The show would be a really nice fit with the programming on The Oudoor Channel.
Here are some demographics about RVers that you are free to pick and choose from:
- There are an estimated 30 million RV enthusiasts in the United States
- One out of every 10 vehicle-owning households in the US owns an RV. That number rises to one in nine among households headed by 35 to 54 year-olds.
- The number of RV-owning HOUSEHOLDS is expected to rise to some 10.4 million in the year 2010.
- The average RV owner is 48 years old, owns their own home, is married, has a household income of $47,000, buys in order to travel and camp.
OK, SO HOW CAN WE TAKE PART? Just click on the link below, enter your commentary to support the program, and click "submit." I've already done it; please join in!
Here's the link! (I think it would be best to select "Programming Department" in the drop-down list that you see.)
Link to Outdoor Channel input form
Below this message, I'll add in the message that I sent to the Outdoor Channel. You should NOT
just copy and paste it in as your message, because its effect will be nearly zilch! You should write your own letter, modifiy a little, craft it a bit, to say what you want to say in order to support RV Today
I would like to encourage you to add the program RV Today to the programming lineup at the Outdoor Channel. RV Today is a first-rate family-oriented program that has always been very positively received by the RVing public in North America and would make a great addition to Outdoor Channel programming.
It is perhaps important for you to know that RVing is a very popular outdoor activity. And we're not talking about just a few people here! Some 30 million people enjoy RVing in the United States today, and that number is predicted to rise significantly in the coming years. These millions of people spend a great deal of money on their RVs, often hundreds of thousands of dollars. And standing behind these millions of enthusiasts is a multimillion dollar RV industry!
In closing, I strongly encourage you to include RV Today in your lineup. You'll have a very large ready-made audience, and you'll surely have RV-industry advertisers knocking at your door!