Old 10-24-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Upland , California
Heater Buddy....

With the weather starting to get chilly at night I'm starting to look for a portable heater for supplementing the firepit at night and keeping warm while enjoying the morning cup of coffe outside early in the morning (besides the wife wants one).

I've been looking at the Mr heater heating buddy and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Or better yet any suggestions at all for an outdoor heater easily stored in the Stream' that would fit the bill.

Old 10-24-2005, 10:38 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
I can't tell you about the heating buddy - be we have a couple of the standard mr heaters (single) It puts out a fair amount of heat and is easy to use. My favorite heating toy is the fire dancer - it's so easy to turn on and just perfect for cold mornings - it also has the advanatge of feeling and behaving like a fire - minus the smoke. The lid screws down for easy transport. Be sure to get the logs if you order one.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=92384

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrell
With the weather starting to get chilly at night I'm starting to look for a portable heater for supplementing the firepit at night and keeping warm while enjoying the morning cup of coffe outside early in the morning (besides the wife wants one). I've been looking at the Mr heater heating buddy and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Or better yet any suggestions at all for an outdoor heater easily stored in the Stream' that would fit the bill.
In addition to what Janet had to say, I don't feel the Heater Buddy puts out enough heat. We have three of the single element Mr Heaters 9000 to 14000 BTUs. A single is just about right if you keep it close. In the outdoors enviroment I don't think it would be too much to have the Mr Heater Double element heater.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
My favorite heating toy is the fire dancer - it's so easy to turn on and just perfect for cold mornings - it also has the advanatge of feeling and behaving like a fire - minus the smoke. The lid screws down for easy transport. Be sure to get the logs if you order one.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=92384

I bet this feels good on the feet under the dinette when you're having coffee and TOAST in the morning!

John
Old 10-25-2005, 09:43 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher
I bet this feels good on the feet under the dinette when you're having coffee and TOAST in the morning!
John
Ya, just a little hot.
Seriously, the Heater Buddy or any of that type of propane should not be used indoors.
Only use approved heaters indoors, I just read about couple who were found dead intheir tent because of one of these heaters. Carbon Monoxide is nothing to fool around with.
Please all, stay safe.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:34 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Just what I remember..

from the last BB rally - (it was REALLY cold) - that portable heater buddy was great in about a 3ft radius in front of it. Once I had some of Jim Jordan's warmed wine, I was warm everywhere!

just don't touch it though, looks like it could give one a good branding.
Marc
Old 10-25-2005, 12:14 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Upland , California
I've seen the firedancer, looks pretty neat but I was wondering if it put out much heat? In person it doesn't look big enough to warm up much of an area.