Old 02-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #85
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
Carol, just put some honey on the tree and no worries,bears love honey and well never bother you.They go to sleep after eating honey,acts as a sedative so I have been told.

Find out what the tenant/landlord laws are where you live. You would be able to evict him at some point, and might be able to write up a petition yourself and go into court without an attorney.

Go to the Circuit Clerk's Office in your county and ask about it. You will need documentation.

Good luck.

Maggie[/QUOTE]

wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu http://fire1.smugmug.com
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:45 AM   #86
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
You guys are so funny, I love this forum, who needs TV around here. I think part of my story is on another channel. Bear story or Survival Boondocking, take your pick, I let a moderator know what to do if it gets worse. Hey, you know who my dad is, do you really think he raised some ninny? If I could survive two weeks in the Sahara, alone with a band of Tuareg nomads and not get killed by the idiot who stepped out on the same road I was traveling on, who shot and killed a tourist in broad daylight, do you think you have to worry very much about me? I am so ready for this day to get going and then be over so I have another funny story to tell you

Your friend,

cclarkego

Old 02-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #87
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
PS I did serve the guy with papers already
Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by cclarkego View Post
PS I did serve the guy with papers already
No one thinks you're a ninny, Carol, but we do worry about you a bit!

If he's served papers already, I'd have the sh--bum arrested and jailed if he so much as gets verbally threatening. What about an order of protection?

Maggie
Old 02-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #89
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
I did think of that, but the self help place at the courthouse said it could be a problem, that if I had a restraining order, how would I catch him to serve him, since he has the papers already, I suppose it is time to made a little trip back to the courthouse....

cclarkego
Old 02-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #90
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
DougandMaggie,

Did you guys see the "To Pack or Not Pack" story yet? What the heck is going on around here?

cclarkego
Old 02-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #91
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1955 22' Safari
Great Lake State , .
YouTube - Grizzly Bears destroy camp
Old 02-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #92
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Carol, you're not alone in your bear interactions. Way up North, a bear ate an airplane. Here's a link to the article (you'll have to scroll down to it) with photos:2010 Night Bear Eats Piper Cub
Old 02-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #93
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Oh my God, I think I peed my pants watching that! Oh please, can someone figure out how I can borrow them for a day or two.....I have a whole bunch of coolers here, they would be so happy and I'll bet a lot of my current problems would soon be over. I am calling that ranger station right now...........

cclarkegogethim
Old 02-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #94
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Carol, you're not alone in your bear interactions. Way up North, a bear ate an airplane. Here's a link to the article (you'll have to scroll down to it) with photos:2010 Night Bear Eats Piper Cub
How do you get the video to play, I scrolled all the way to the space launch and back with no fireworks to show for it?

cclarkego
Old 02-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #95
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
I did think of that, but the self help place at the courthouse said it could be a problem, that if I had a restraining order, how would I catch him to serve him, since he has the papers already, I suppose it is time to made a little trip back to the courthouse....

cclarkego
You wouldn't serve him with an Order of Protection, the police would do that. Once he has been served, though, he has to abide by it or face court consequences.

You would have to go to the courthouse to file it, and have to give specific details as to what he has done and said that is threatening/why you need it. If you don't have anything other than that he is annoying, the judge probably won't issue it.

Just a thought.

Maggie
Old 02-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #96
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
How do you get the video to play, I scrolled all the way to the space launch and back with no fireworks to show for it?

cclarkego
It's not a video, it's a news article, with photos attached. There are links to other articles above it, so you have to scroll down to find it. The bear even ate the tires off the plane.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #97
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
DougandMaggie,

Did you guys see the "To Pack or Not Pack" story yet? What the heck is going on around here?

cclarkego
We did see that thread. There are just a few too goofy and downright dangerous people out there to suit Doug, who never travels in-country without a weapon. He has a permit and training and would use it if necessary----fortunately, that opportunity has never presented itself.

Per the Tommy Lee Jones character in "No Country for Old Men"---"Who ARE these people!!!"

Maggie
Old 02-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #98
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
You are all getting me off to a great morning, I am in such a good mood that I am letting the dogs eat potato chips for breakfast! I had enough time to digest this thread and a few others, so for the recap, guess what? I can finally nail him! He stole my wallet, I have received alerts from my bank, actually both banks, that money is missing, overdrawn, possibly fraud has been committed, am I missing anything, does this sound more than irritating to you, I bet I win, at last............

Tags
bears, defense