Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Hail in Jackson Center

T-storm with some pretty large hail rolled through JC about 2AM this morning. As far as I've been able to find out the only damage was to a AC shroud which has a couple of holes in it - and it's on the trailer parked right next to me in the Terraport. Sounded like someone beating on the trailer with a hammer for about a minute and I'm amazed that I have no damage - or at least I haven't found any so far.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Glad to hear you are ok, shrouds are plastic that crack very easy, I layed one on the roof upsidedown on a tool, it's own weight did it.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Las Vegas , Nevada
While passing through SD recently we pulled off to let a T-storm pass by. T-storm turned into minor hail storm and made me think of what it must be like to be inside a pinball machine while it's being played with all the sounds, etc.

We were also lucky to get through without any damage.

Enjoy Jackson Center!
345bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
1996 34' Classic

1996 34' Excella
Culpeper , Virginia
Good morning Al. It was a pleasure meeting you last week. Didn't expect that you'd still be there but you full time so where ever you are, it's your home.
I hope our unit was inside being fixed. I haven't heard from the service folks on the repairs. I might give them a call tomorrow to check on the progress.
Stay safe and happy travels.
Fair is where they put ribbons on pigs.
FordTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 09:10 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Lucky U

I am happy your OK yes them AC covers crack easy especially if they are couple years old with sun damage. Our worse fears a Hail storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al - K4GLU View Post
T-storm with some pretty large hail rolled through JC about 2AM this morning. As far as I've been able to find out the only damage was to a AC shroud which has a couple of holes in it - and it's on the trailer parked right next to me in the Terraport. Sounded like someone beating on the trailer with a hammer for about a minute and I'm amazed that I have no damage - or at least I haven't found any so far.
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 04:16 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Toronto’s Basement , Ontario-Canada
Holding out breath

Our 2019 FC was at JC waiting for pickup when the storm rolled through. We haven’t heard anything yet but it sounds like they have a lot on their hands so we’re sitting tight. The damage and death are heart wrenching and these storms seem to be hitting Ohio more often.

Our unit ironically was already In for body work and based on the pics they sent the repairs looked good.

Based on what I’ve seen online and heard from friends in Ohio, I’m sure ours was hit, the storm rolled right through JC. The only question is how bad. I’m almost chuckling at the conversation I’ll have with insurance- “yeah so remember when you paid $11k for that repair, well you’re never gonna guess what happened” lol.

The bright side is that it’s already at the best place for the work, hoping my sister in law (our insurance broker) also sees the silver lining😀
hopmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 08:12 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
I can only imagine. Last year while I was getting my AS fixed for some body damage at dealer in Ramsey, MN a big storm came through at an airstream campground about 20 miles away. 70% had damage and most were totaled. The estimator at Ramsey was pretty busy, needless to say. Can’t imagine an AS manufacturer getting hit like that. Also think about all those car dealerships. Yikes. Yep, the biggest fear is a hail storm.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 09:23 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
With my luck, I'd pull out of Vinnie's after getting the full ceramic treatment, and drive into a hail storm!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote