Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
HACK MY LIFE (in an Airstream)

TV show on TruTV (246 Direct TV) is very very handy for household hints. My new favorites,
  • Stuff empty toilet paper rolls with dryer lint - use as campfire starters.
  • If you strip the head of a screw, use a rubber band between the screwdriver and the head of the screw, to get a grip.
  • stretch a rubber band across an open paint can, and clean your brush against the band instead of the side of the can, saves paint, and cleanup, and time

Any Airstream specific hacks?

(And when did "hack" stop meaning something bad like having your computer violated?)

I also really like Ikeahacks... very creative re-purposing of Ikea stuff.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
[*]If you strip the head of a screw, use a rubber band between the screwdriver and the head of the screw, to get a grip.

Any Airstream specific hacks?
Not Airstream-specific, but another use for rubber bands… If you have a jar or bottle that you can't open, wrap a rubber band around the lid or cap to improve your grip. And a bit of ergonomics to make it even easier, you can always twist your hands better in the direction your thumb is pointing, so use your left hand on the lid to turn the lid counterclockwise and the jar or bottle will open easier even if you're right-handed.

And an Airstream- (or at least RV-) specific hack… Split a foam pool noodle lengthwise and slip it over your awning arm to pad it and make it more visible, especially if you have ever bumped your head on an awning arm.