Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #15
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,410
Images: 5
"However to take any weapon on the road with you you must have a carry permit if I understand current law."

Ed, I don't think so, although it's been a year or so since I checked. (We're both in IL).
I have a FOID, no carry permit. If what you say is true, I couldn't take my guns in the car to the range. My understanding is guns in vehicle: unloaded, put away in a lockable compartment, out of reach of occupants (all paraphrased).

My understanding is Carry= on person, loaded, holstered and in sight. Concealed carry = on person, loaded, hidden under clothing.

See? Confusion abounds!
__________________

__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #16
Rivet Master
 
BIGED52's Avatar
 
1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyride View Post
What I am saying here has nothing with the right to carry or not,I am saying when a person goes off the deep end it makes no difference whether it is legal or not. Dave

Ditto!
__________________

__________________
1967 Safari Twin "Landshark" w/International trim package
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #17
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,410
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52 View Post
Ditto!
dupli-ditto!
__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
 
ole-red's Avatar
 
2007 19' International CCD
2002 19' Bambi
2005 30' Classic
Dover , Arkansas
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 76
Guns in parks

That was exactly what I was talking about...traveling from home, carry a weapon for protection, pulling into a park, or anywhere that guns are not permitted....What do you do with it or them ??? Some say a locked box....But even in some states I hear, if you acknowledge you have a gun in a locked box, they will confiscate it!!!! Now first of all my gun won't do me much good in a box locked or not, should the need to use it occur...
__________________
ole-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #19
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,410
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ole-red View Post
That was exactly what I was talking about...traveling from home, carry a weapon for protection, pulling into a park, or anywhere that guns are not permitted....What do you do with it or them ??? Some say a locked box....But even in some states I hear, if you acknowledge you have a gun in a locked box, they will confiscate it!!!! Now first of all my gun won't do me much good in a box locked or not, should the need to use it occur...
Yeah, I know.
__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #20
Rivet Master
 
2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,458
Blog Entries: 1
I have a CCW permit. I believe it is recognized in all but Illinois and Hawaii. And of course Canada and Mexico. Mexico would be where it might be needed the most.

Do I carry? No, but I have a permit so I would be legal in transporting; and not in a locked box and unloaded.

As for the pepper/mace, wasp spray is better and "reaches" further and it is a stream and not a mist.
__________________
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,410
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtandem View Post
I have a CCW permit. I believe it is recognized in all but Illinois and Hawaii. And of course Canada and Mexico. Mexico would be where it might be needed the most.

Do I carry? No, but I have a permit so I would be legal in transporting; and not in a locked box and unloaded.

As for the pepper/mace, wasp spray is better and "reaches" further and it is a stream and not a mist.
Yeah, ain't Illinois grand? I travel Iowa quite a bit on the job a bit and may just move over your way when I retire. Good people that still get it.

I'd also recommend Bear Repellant. Stream up to 35 feet. You can get it online at most "real" outdoors equipment providers.
__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #22
retired USA/USAF

 
2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,157
Not to beat a dead horse here. I wonder if one had the resources to check back on firearms incidents how many of the " Perps" would be found to be law abiding, permit carrying, fine upstanding citizens ?????
Laws will only serve to keep honest people honest. The bad guys don't care.

I'm a former police officer with a concealed carry permit. I choose not to carry because of the logistics of what to do with it. Especially when traveling. I just don't feel anyplace in my trailer or TV is safe storage.

Bye the way, it is my understanding that our RV's are treated just like our homes regarding search / seizure and weapons possession. Border crossings are certainly the exception.
__________________
Roger in NJ

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #23
Refurbished 89 Excella
 
DKDarrow's Avatar
 
Sugar Valley , Georgia
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 241
This is rediculous..........Has anybody ever actually been searched through their vehicle or trailer while pulling in a National Park or other federal property where they are banned?................For me, the answer is NO........NEVER even been asked if I have anything.......Customs yes, of course going both ways across the border......but a park ranger, gate guard, MP/SP/AP, or rentacop....NEVER........do what you need to do and just keep your mouth shut........God bless...........Dennis
__________________
Dennis & Susan
D&D Farms, Sugar Valley, Ga
Registered Boer goats
DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member
 
ole-red's Avatar
 
2007 19' International CCD
2002 19' Bambi
2005 30' Classic
Dover , Arkansas
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 76
guns in parks

Airtandem, I have worked as an auxiary policeman for over 10 years, been a county constable for (2) terms, and my only question is, have you ever seen a man or woman strung out on meth or some of the other drugs out on the market today.....Some of the men I have seen, the pepper spray would just make them laugh.....Now I don't ever propose to shoot anyone, nor would I enjoy so doing, but I wouldn't want to aggrevate them more by spraying them with something that might back fire...Just look over seas at the riots, where honest people can't even defend their homes because of the weapon laws...As was said earlier...Our Constitution gives us that right..And yes the reason I got a concealed permit was to carry mine...Do I ?? You bet I do.
__________________
ole-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #25
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,410
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlyse View Post
Not to beat a dead horse here. I wonder if one had the resources to check back on firearms incidents how many of the " Perps" would be found to be law abiding, permit carrying, fine upstanding citizens ?????
Laws will only serve to keep honest people honest. The bad guys don't care.

I'm a former police officer with a concealed carry permit. I choose not to carry because of the logistics of what to do with it. Especially when traveling. I just don't feel anyplace in my trailer or TV is safe storage.

Bye the way, it is my understanding that our RV's are treated just like our homes regarding search / seizure and weapons possession. Border crossings are certainly the exception.
I have heard that too, about the trailer being my home, but I have never seen it in print in a regulation, Fed or States. Can you point me there.
__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #26
Rivet Master
 
zlee's Avatar
 
2008 19' Safari SE
Erie , Colorado
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 942
Quote:
Just look over seas at the riots, where honest people can't even defend their homes because of the weapon laws.
Since I sometimes live in the UK, I feel I should point out that not one person I personally know in the UK ever thought having a gun was necessary during the riots.
__________________
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #27
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,410
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDarrow View Post
This is rediculous..........Has anybody ever actually been searched through their vehicle or trailer while pulling in a National Park or other federal property where they are banned?................For me, the answer is NO........NEVER even been asked if I have anything.......Customs yes, of course going both ways across the border......but a park ranger, gate guard, MP/SP/AP, or rentacop....NEVER........do what you need to do and just keep your mouth shut........God bless...........Dennis
No, but suppose you HAD to use it...a bear comes through your window....then what? Be glad you're alive to do time, or leave it at home and potentially die?
My trailer was searched at the Bluewater bridge border back in 95 or 96. They really didn't move much around. Just looking for food items (fruit I think...can't remember what was on the hit parade at the time), and of course excessive amounts liquor.
__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #28
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,410
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlee View Post
Since I sometimes live in the UK, I feel I should point out that not one person I personally know in the UK ever thought having a gun was necessary during the riots.
Yes, but I do recall a report a few years ago about an old Brit farmer who still had a shotgun (illegally) and shot an armed intruder in his farmhouse. The intruder lived and got 8 years. The farmer got 20 years.

That's just WRONG!
__________________

__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
California State Parks Closing 1953 Flying Our Community 22 04-09-2013 09:55 PM
'nuther newbie AS question re: RV parks.. Gringo On The Road... 18 05-26-2011 08:47 PM
Virginia State Park's Pet Fee TWaugh The Pet Forum 6 03-14-2011 11:23 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.