Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	300  

Old 07-01-2002, 05:57 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
GRINS

Frank,
you're on the right road...have another 'BUD'...
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 10:28 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Wink

Well, I thought I seen it all...I sure wish that Guy would come and do our shoppin...as some days I DREAD going for a trolley, I know one of them IS ok...hope it's MY turn on saturday...
Old 07-10-2002, 11:09 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Trolly!

When I reached the word "trolley" in your post, it made me grin.

When I was first working in England and went to a "super store", the first time some one asked me if I wanted a trolley, I told them "No, I have a rented car." It probably further blew their mind when I immediately grabbed what I would have called a "cart" or "basket".

BTW: what sort of banjo? I play tenor banjo, myself and use my trailer frequently to travel to music festivals.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 01:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Hi John.
Oh dear !!!... I don't actualy play a banjo...SIGH, U c my fingers are DYSLEXIC...and my EARS r tone deaf...my eyes c 7 strings on a good day, but I'll tell U this for free...I LOVE that sound, I have only 1 CD, an that IS BANJO MUSIC...from FLA:
I dream jus like the rest of U do, same 4 the A/S...I simply LOVE 'em...I tried 2 play the GUITAR once...yes ONLY once, my fingers got sore...my D/W STAMPED on them...it was'nt on purpose...she said...I must have put them under her feet by accident...
We here were amazed at the SERVICE we got at Wally World, so we always shop there on our vacation 2 orlando, roll on NOV...
...Chris.....
Old 07-10-2002, 01:57 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
canny_banjo_man

A banjo CD from Florida? I'll bet it is Johnny Baier playing in the saloon by the old railroad station in Orlando. Am I right? If so, Johnny is a super guy and super banjo player. I have met him and heard him play a number of times.
WBCCI #9632
Old 07-11-2002, 09:28 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Red face

Sorry John...
It is a CD named BANJO JAMBOREE -TCD 1019.
various artists...I bought it from W W...I almost bought a LIVE LOBSTER too...'cos my young D/D felt sorry for it...yep U can jus imagine a BRIT at the theme park with a LOBSTER hanging out of his bum-bag..." Honest lady...the LOBSTER nipped your BUTT " !!!!
Must admit it though I would love to learn to play the BANJO, is it hard to learn,? I don't think there is such a big following over here, than in the "States"...I saw some Guys at WDW, playing banjo, wash board and a few more old time instruments....I enjoyed it, all that rag-time stuff, You see when I come over the pond for a vacation, it's NOT just the big expected stuff that pleases me...it's the LITTLE things I love...the things that NOT everyone notices...I sure get my EYE'SFUL...if you get my drift...
There were also some young Guys playing the GARBAGE CANS, the JAMITORS ( I think!!! )....as drums, well we ALL loved it, grew quite a croud too...
The look on my D/Ws face the FIRST time someone called her Ma'm...she actualy looked behind her expecting to see someone else...I'll NOT go on about the FOOD...Chris.....
Old 07-11-2002, 09:44 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Smile canny_banjo_man

Tenor banjo, IMHO, isn't hard to learn. Four fingers, four strings. I play melody and harmony with very few chords. I teach friends tenor melody playing for free as do a lot of the others in our band. I have a lot of arthritis, but I still play quite a bit.

One of the things I most regreted in retiring from IBM was that for several years I had been working about 1/3 of my time in the Southhampton area. I loved driving around on weekends, stopping at car boot sales and local events. As you say, it is the small things that make a place and a people interesting.

I found a pub that had live country music on Wed. nights and I timed my trips to be there as much as possible. Folks I worked with said that I Anglicized faster than anyone they knew.
WBCCI #9632
Old 07-11-2002, 01:36 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Cool

Me again John...
...lol, well well, small world, glad to read you once more John, how R U 2day ? !!!...
We do the 192 flea mkt at Kissimmee, I bought some wonderful " ROUTE 66 " prints, and they were mounted on a black board, saving me a job...lol, yep I love R66 too...U kn, the more I think abt the BANJO, the more I kinda want one...I'm thinking of a way 2 learn wearing BOXING GLOVES...lmao...
Tell me please, as I'm new 2 this hi-tec stuff, what is a 1 rivet member & karma:5....the answer is no doubt under my nose, but I can't seem 2 find my way abt yet...there is so much going on, in this FORUM, I don't know where 2 start, but are enjoying every moment of it...thank's to Towner7... THANKS "T"...LOL.
John, what work r U in...or r U out 2 grass...I c U r from TX: WOW, cattle county...hot dry dusty, and smelly steer dung, NOT 4getting OIL wells in everybody's back garden...NO...well that just goes 2 show U how easily mis-led some of us Brits r...do U wear one of those big hats?...Have U any Indians near U, I met 1 in FL: '97, and went 2 speak with him, I almost FELL OVER when he spoke perfect English...again I guess I watched 2many westerns ( cowboy & Indian films ) on TV...but I was still thrilled, I bet there not many Brits can say they spoke with a Red Skin !!!
realy made my day...well vacation...I guess it was like being back in childhood, always wanting 2 KISS the girl next door, and one day the chance of a lifetime came along, guess what made it special 4me...He drove away in a CHEROKEE CHIEF TRUCK...
Well I gotta b-going for now, enjoy...Chris.....