Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2018, 11:28 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
It’s always difficult. Over their relatively shorter lives, they take our hearts with their love. Then they leave, and we are left only with memories. If we are lucky, another, different dog takes a place with us, not to replace, but comfort and offer their companionship to help us be centered.

It’s what dogs do, as best they can. Here are some of my current companions...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1521782781.499828.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	306916Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1521782804.478102.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	306917Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1521782822.919578.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	306918

All rescues, all lovers, all get along together. We’ve lost so many, but they keep finding us, somehow. What else can we do but cherish them while they are with us.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you……..
I loved you so- ‘tws Heaven here with you.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
1990 34' Excella
Charleston , South Carolina
Thanks to each of you for the heartfelt messages. Our buddies are never with us long enough.

Jane
skitique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:00 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic View Post
Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you……..
I loved you so- ‘tws Heaven here with you.
Lumatic, love that.

I have not been back to the creek since the passing of my beagle. (Over two years ago.) But someday I will go back with a plaque imprinted with those words. I will find a secluded tree and affix the plaque there.

Thank-you.

("The creek" was my beagle's favourite getaway spot. Beagles don't usually like the water, but she would go up to her chest and wade around. She enjoyed it almost to the end).
Old 06-27-2018, 11:48 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
A work mate's beagle passed a few days ago. The beagle was slowly fading and did not want to be left alone, so she would bring him to our meetings in a pet stroller. The beagle would quietly sit or doze in his stroller.

There is another meeting tomorrow. We will gather in the board room again, minus the pet stroller. Business as usual...but sometimes you just want to shut down and...

So, I've had a few cries these last few days. Brings back so many memories of my beagle's passing.

Right now I am writing Lumatic's words in a card.

I hope she also finds some comfort in them.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:32 AM   #26
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
'Fado' also Loves his new mode of transportation...he will be 16 in Sept. 😍

Bob
🇺🇸
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1b8d.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	385.5 KB
ID:	315360  
Old 06-28-2018, 05:49 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Poteau , Oklahoma
I lost my 8yro "Lil Buddy" Patches to Lymphoma this year. He was just Mr personality and a barrel of laughs. He went everywhere with me. 4 months before he died I took him to deer camp for 9 days hunting with me. To the top of a mountain to the bottom about 7miles straight down and the little engine that could never complained a bit as sick as he was. Still raring to go the next morning. It was his last outing and I wanted him to have his last good trip. Of course he scared everything off and I bagged nothing for the season and I didn't care.

He was a shitzu of all things as crazy as it sounds and was an outdoorsman. I miss him dearly. It hurts bad to the point I don't think I can have another dog at least for now,
cowdiddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
1990 34' Excella
Charleston , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
A work mate's beagle passed a few days ago. The beagle was slowly fading and did not want to be left alone, so she would bring him to our meetings in a pet stroller. The beagle would quietly sit or doze in his stroller.

There is another meeting tomorrow. We will gather in the board room again, minus the pet stroller. Business as usual...but sometimes you just want to shut down and...

So, I've had a few cries these last few days. Brings back so many memories of my beagle's passing.

Right now I am writing Lumatic's words in a card.

I hope she also finds some comfort in them.

Fly- you post made me tear up. Very sweet of you to send a card to your co-worker.

Jane
skitique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:20 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
We've been part-timing for the last 10 years, and have alays travelled with wone or more dogs. We bred and showed Standard Long-Haired Dachshunds, and every loss was deeply felt. For some of them we posted epitaphs in the virtual pet cemetery.

See Maggie
http://www.virtualpetcemetery.org/pet/plot_22.html

See Dasher
http://www.virtualpetcemetery.org/pet/plot_04.html

See Stormy
http://www.virtualpetcemetery.org/pet/plot_38.html
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:47 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2024 19' Caravel
Washougal , Washington
It's never easy

We rescued a Golden from an abused life. Wheaton had been abused by his first owners - kept in a crate that was way too small for him, away from the family, in a dark laundry room. He never developed strong bones as he was not allowed to run and play like a normal puppy. They took him to the vet's one day and never came back for him.

One of the techs at the vet's office said, "Oh hey, I need a running-buddy for my daily two miles." So she took him and ran him at least that much every day, on those fragile legs. Then she took him to a dog park, where a bunch of other playful dogs ran into him and broke his right rear leg. She had to go back to school, so once again... he was left at the vet's, and nobody coming back for him.

The vet finally got him healed after a hard eight months; they had pinned the leg, but the bones were so fragile that they refused to heal. Finally in desperation, the vet pulled the pin, and he healed without having to have his leg amputated!

We got him at 5 years of age through Golden Bond, a rescue outfit in Oregon. It was love at first sight, for all of us. He ran off somewhere in his foster mom's place, and came back with a dog toy to share with us.

When we got him home and he went in our front door, he went running down our hallway with his funny hippity-hop gait, overflowing with joy at his forever-home. He ran back and forth, bright Golden joy shining in his face and eyes. He was immediately our best-buddy, a true companion to my wife when I was at work, and then my buddy when I came home, going on gentle, low-impact walks with me. We never missed an opportunity to love him; I'd like to think that we made up for all the love he'd missed during his life.

And he gave back, with interest. He gave freely in that Golden manner, living and loving large. You always knew you had his attention by watching his eyebrows. Sprawling on the couch with his legs in the air, was a common pose when he was snoozing.

He lived with us only four years, taken by The Golden Curse; in his case, osteosarcoma, three months after his ninth birthday.

Wheaton was proof positive that God packs those little four-legged bodies with so much love that it burns brightly; but such a bright flame cannot last forever.

I fully expect that on that day when I find myself kneeling before my Lord, that suddenly I will feel a big, warm, wet tongue on my face, lovingly licking my tears away.

May you be comforted.
Click here to go to my blog: I try to add wisdom, not noise.
Steamguy is offline   Reply With Quote