Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Gold... is where you can find it

www.thediggings.com

Free Mining Claim Maps and Reports provided by the United States Bureau of Land Management

Millions of mining claims across the United States where materials are or have been mined in the past.

-3,814,663 Total Mines
- 394,253 Active Mines
- 1,564 Pending Mines
-3,418,846 Closed Mines

"The Diggings makes it easy to find and map millions of mining claims on BLM Public Land."

This is a BLM site I stumbled upon today, researching a Gold Placer area discovered around 1906 in Chaffee County, Colorado. I never realized that the BLM has recorded over 7 million open and closed mines from their records and available immediately using your computer.

(Browns Creek Placer Deposit, Chaffee County, Colorado) started this find on a search of the internet. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 626- Geology and Mineral Deposits of the Poncha Springs, NE Quadrangle, Chaffee County, Colorado. By Ralph E. Van Alstine, 1969

This would include Gold, Gemstones and Minerals. Many are active private and corporate mines. Others are closed.

An easy location to actually Gold Pan is at a stream right next to Fairplay, Colorado. You will find a very fine gold by panning in the creek, but it is fun for everyone. The photo above Supporting Member is myself panning Fairplay Gold. The Brown Burro Cafe is less than two city blocks away from these... diggings.

If you are looking for some adventure and want to scout out area(s) near you, try this out. This is all new to me and as always, Gold is where you can find it.
Attached Images