Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
_

. , .
general motors gets creative........finally

greeting all

perhaps you've see the gm site that allows one to 'write' their own add for the tahoe?

i sure wish airstream would give this a go........

here is a link to the nytimes piece on this.......

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/04/bu...tml?8dt&emc=dt

and a link with several examples of the best ones......
all are working and will download except #1...so skip it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/03/31/c...y-going-as-pl/

way more interesting than green2yellow....

kudos to gm for letting the less favorable ones run...

make your own ads......what fun

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
2air',
The word is full of haters and people that are jealous of what others have and they don't. You give people an opportunity to be creative in a positive way and some will abuse it. They will spread lies and untruths that they have never had a chance to verify. These user created mis-infomercials are a good example of this poor trait that some human beings have too much of. It is too bad. I too am a bit surprized GM chose to leave them "up". Maybe it is true that there is no such thing a "bad" publicity.

The new Tahoe, and all the new GM full size trucks (Escalade, Yukon, Suburban, etc.) for that matter, are fantastic vehicles. They really raise the bar in the level ride quality, handling, fit and finish, safety features, power, AND fuel economy over any full size truck that preceeded them (Japanese products inlcuded)!

I have had the opportunity to drive several of them and have been amazed at the improvements. No wonder they are selling well ahead of expectations.

And to counter the fuel economy mis-information presented in the fake infomercials, I recently got 14.5mpg pulling 6000 lbs. of car & open car trailer at 60mph in a 2007 half ton Suburban. I got 19+mpg at 70 mph on the return trip without the trailer. I say not bad for a 325+/- hp gasoline engined full size truck. Oh and yes, this truck was E85 compatible!

To address one of the other pieces of misinformation in the mis-infomercials, the new GM FST's have front bumpers lowered to be compatible with cars in collisions.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:06 PM   #3
_

. , .
hi 66o'

the 07s are very nice, i've posted interior pics here to show that.

i'm still amazed they did not include a trailer brake controller option but neither has dodge.... omiting this feature and no more quadrasteer, made my 1st ever ford choice...easy.

the article above includes a link to the apprentice site where one can compose an add using the gm provided images....frame by frame......the contest isn't over...anyone can still enter, right here.......

http://www.chevyapprentice.com/appre...php?country=us

i'm hoping someone will do a wally theme since the tahoe looks to be on caravan.....
or a saturday nite live, really off the wall piece...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
I too miss quadrasteer, but the it's the market that made the decision, not GM. If GM was making money on the system and selling it in reasonable quantities, they'd still be offering it. The trouble was not too many people were buying it. Either most people weren't impressed enough to want the system, or else they didn't think it was worth the money. I once drove a quadrasteer pickup and it was great, almost handling like a small car. I never had the chance to pull a trailer with one, but I hear that's where the system really shined. Too bad it's gone.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:39 PM   #5
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
it's the market that made the decision, not GM. If GM was making money on the system and selling it in reasonable quantities, they'd still be offering it.
well initially it was priced as a 4000+$ option....ouch.

then the price was lowered to 1900$ or so, but unless dealers kept one for customers to try....
one would need to special order it on blind faith....

while shopping i called or visited 30-40 dealers and no one had one in stock...many sales guys rolled their eyes when i asked about it. all but one dealer discouraged me from ordering it....and he wanted an extra deposit if i added qsteer to the order.

can't sell what you don't have or promote...
perhaps gm and delco weren't on the same page on this feature...

the other benefit for towing was the rear track was wider on the qsteer models....
so better stability and cool mini fender flares...without being drw...

cheers
2air