Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
30' 1999 Excella

Kingwood , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tin Diesel
Gas prices, diesel prices, and crude oil prices

I'm posting this with great trepidation as I don't want to ignite a heated or controlversial discussion on this topic.

However, the following link from the Energy Information Administration gives interesting information about the cost of gas and diesel versus crude oil. It also has interesting info on diesel costs vs gas, for those of us with diesels.

For those less familiar with the industry, when you see the term 'distillates', it includes diesel fuel.

If you are a skeptic, that's fine - but let me get my popcorn and soda before you start!

Here's the link: This Week In Petroleum Printer-Friendly Version

May the moderators forgive me in advance!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Adding Some Additional Complicating Factors

Everything said - there is a lot more to the "REST of the story".

Nothing was mentioned about the Ultra Low Sulphur requirements now required to be put out by the refineries...thank you EPA and the Tree Huggers Association - this tremendously drove up the price of diesel - and seriously complicated the calculations of margins on the downstream side.

Nothing about the price of asphalt - in the recent roller coaster rides of crude prices asphalt has remained remarkably stable - when summer comes (high demand for asphalt) I would suspect that this would be a marker for higher consumer prices for all cuts of the petroleum barrel.

Replacement cost of a barrel of crude - companies are hard pressed to drill wells for $50/bbl equivalent when the forecast for sales is only $40/bbl - which means that the next "swing" may be even more volatile that the last one - petroleum upstream companies and employees have been used to roller coaster rides, but this one is a doozie.

Remember, if I had a crystal ball that really worked, I would not be trifleing with the cost of a gallon of go-juice here on the Forum.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Las Vegas , Nevada
Tin Diesel- Thanks...Interesting site, now only if my attention span was long enough to understand it all. I printed it for future reference.
345bill is offline   Reply With Quote