Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Gas.....

Hi ALL...
Jus a thought here...GAS...I use a small flame thrower to control the weeds on My drive, now the Gas I buy from My local Garden centre burns BLUE, & does the job in no time, yet the Gas I buy from My local DIY Store, burns YELLOWISH...& takes twice as long to do the job, also I've noticed a difference in the temprature between the two cans...now could one be PROPANE & the other BUTANE...Anyone know ???,
What do U guys burn from Yr bottles ?, & do U ever notice a difference ??? Take care now...Chris.....
Old 02-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Chris, I am not sure about other parts of the country, but in the urban area I live in, setting fire to one's driveway is generally frowned upon. We use weed spray in various incarnations to do the job.

The canned propane I use for cooking out usually burns a blue color, yellow usually indicates a contaminant in the mix. You might want to take the container back, and get a different brand.
Terry
Old 02-08-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Butane and Propane burn about the same. The reason you do not see butane sold anymore is that it offers poor performance in cold weather due to it's high vaporization temperature, which I believe is only 32F.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Right... Well I once asked 4 a product 2 sort out My Dandelion problem...yea, it was GOOD allrigte...I sprayed it on the weed, after abt 3 days it went underground, & popped up in 2 different places, next to the original, I kept applyin the stuff, & the pesky weeds jus kept on comin...& comin, so I took the product bk & complained...well the Guy was as much use as a Chocolate Fireguard...SIGH !, so that's Y I BURN My weeds...Now WE come on over 2 Florida, & R so this Nov, for 21 nites vacation, now I seen the guys at DISNEY, actualy SPRAYIN the GRASS GREEN, due 2 the sun burnin it...Well I jus CAN'T buy the stuff in GREY...LOL...well NOT in the UK...
Thr idea is that the Heat dries up the weed, & kills it off...well I think My weeds r kinda Related 2 TRIFFIDS...THANK'S...Chris.....