Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
G W Bush...

Hi ALL....
Well I bn workin vry hard 2day, so when I finaly got home & sorted out, I sat down 2 watch My 2 usual TV shows...guess what, they were cancelled, 4 the showin of G W Bush comin 2 office....We sat & watched the programme, with open mind, & what amazed Me was the GWB went on abt FREEDOM, LIBERTY, & guess what, the people He was talkin abt were PAYIN up to $125 to SIT on a bench on the route to the White House from Capitol Hill, jus to watch Him pass by...Now anyone care 2 explain WHY one of His subjects would have 2 PAY 2 C HIM...LOL...
Mmm... as I r a Man of simple life, I try 2 AVOID a lot of topics, this bein one of those..but I jus can't work out why people wanna pay when it's on the TV live...LOL....
On another note, I failed My interview 4 a job at our local Airport, the position I went 4 was a LEFT Luggage sorter....I'm RIGHT HANDED...LOL...
Hope U Guys r gettin ready 4 the Spring Hols...& U got ALL those lttl jobs done & outta the way...so HAPPY TRAVELS 2 U ALL...Chris.....

Old 01-20-2005, 02:30 PM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
one of His subjects would have 2 PAY 2 C HIM...LOL...
Mmm... as I r a Man of simple life, I try 2 AVOID a lot of topics, this bein one of those..but I jus can't work out why people wanna pay when it's on the TV live
I would guess that with anything, in person is ususally more interesting that on TV.

Also, we don't call ourselves "subjects" on this side of the pond since we never had the royalty thing going on over here.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 01-20-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
He visited our area during the campaign. I stood along the route and got a glimpse of him as he went by. Didn't have to pay for that; however, I would have enjoyed meeting him in person!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Old 01-20-2005, 03:36 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Also, we don't call ourselves "subjects" on this side of the pond since we never had the royalty thing going on over here.

Not "never"- just lately it looks we do have "that royalty thing going on over here". For my two cents they should have just done the coronation thing in the office in the morning and gone out for fajitas for lunch after.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
Been there done that. He is a complete gentleman, a straight shooter, and a man of conviction and integrity that I have known since he ran for Governor of Texas and was misunderestimated by Ann Richards.
Things tend to be worked out in the grand plans of the creator of the universe. Bush was defeated by another friend of mine, Kent Hance, for Congress in the 19th District of Texas in 1978. Had Bush won that race for Congress, he might be Chairman of the House Agriculture committee today in Congress, instead of President of the United States.
Sometimes, the plan God has in mind is not apparent until years later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prezpic.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	10133  

AIR # 410
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
Old 01-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Thumbs up He's got a tough job!

Just finished watching the coverage of the swearing in for the second time (the parade is still going on). I was happy to see that God was not left out. I, for one, am happy that we have a president that really gets what this country was founded upon. His speech was inspiring. Out of curiosity I clicked from FOX to CNN to see the difference in commentary. Fox was saying how elegant and serene Laura Bush was looking and CNN was saying how she had brought George through his drinking problem. Now why would anyone bring that up again? Anyway, the whole family looked happy. I was especially appreciative that Judge Reinquist left his sick bed to swear the President in. He only stayed long enough to do that. He looks very frail. When I saw Judge Thomas, all I could think is "hey, another fellow RVer".

Another thought, when the newscasters kept referring to us being at war, or this being during war time, I got to thinking about scrap metal drives during WWII. Has anyone thought about how many trailers were scrapped during that time? Hope it doesn't come to that this time.

Just praying for peace and my nephew that's in harms way in Bagdad.....

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
Old 01-20-2005, 04:25 PM   #7
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
"Misunderestimated"?

I guess he DID have quite an influence on you.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Old 01-20-2005, 04:27 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
Chuck, Even Newsweek, (I think it was), had that word on it's cover page not that long ago. He is the President. If he wants to coin a word, it's fine with me.

AIR # 410
Old 01-20-2005, 04:31 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
People do like parties! The last 2nd term startup bash in '97 ran a tab of about 25% more than this year's version. Interesting this one got such venom about costs - from the same folks who did the '96 partying, yet.

Also interesting that ABC tried to get an Iraq soldier's funeral to "balance" their coverage. Does that happen to royalty?

Airstream pretty much shut down during WWII - as did most automobile production (there were some used for portable offices and such). Thank goodness this effort does not require such a strain on materiale. But it does seem to put a strain on morale and that seems to be where we are a bit weak in some quarters, fortunately not in the CIC.

Beth: prayers for your nephew and all the others in harm's way, as well as their colleagues who are providing humanitarian aid and assistance in Iraq, the Indian Ocean countries, and other places around the globe.

We have a lot to give in so many ways. And a lot to be thankful for as well. even if a TV program or two gets pre-empted.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:47 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscluchfc
Chuck, Even Newsweek, (I think it was), had that word on it's cover page not that long ago. He is the President. If he wants to coin a word, it's fine with me.
I'm with you. I will use that word daily for one month.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #11
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59
I'm with you. I will use that word daily for one month.
easy to do, with this group.

"I misunderestimated the extent of my floor rot"

" I misunderestimated my tow vehicle's capacity"

"I misunderestimated the amount of vulkem needed for the project"

or my favorite: "I misunderestimated the existance and location of all those WMDs".....

its starting to roll right off the tounge. somebody call "dictionary.com", and tell them to add it to the list!
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Old 01-20-2005, 05:20 PM   #12
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
So is "misunderestimated" sorta like "overestimated" only different?

Roger
Old 01-20-2005, 05:22 PM   #13
Vroom

Mahone Bay
GW Bush

I am glad it is the American people picking up the 40 million dollar tab rather than us here in Canada. I hope his plan of freedon and liberty don't involve telling Canadian's what to do. He should be more concerned at what other people around the world think of Americans.
Richard
Old 01-20-2005, 05:24 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck

or my favorite: "I misunderestimated the existance and location of all those WMDs".....

its starting to roll right off the tounge. somebody call "dictionary.com", and tell them to add it to the list!
Be sure and have them add "misunderestimate" to the dictionary of all of the civilized nations of the world...the English, Europe, China, India, Pakistan, and all Muslim Nations of the world. And, we might as well include the entire UN since they passed all those resolutions requiring Iraq to allow full disclosure and inspections that Iraq refused to comply with for over a dozen years as the Clinton Administration did little of nothing about enforcement. Every bit of intelligence gathered by almost every source supported the belief that Iraq had WMD's. Just go look at all the quotes of the Dem's during the Clinton years, at the quotes of foreign leaders, and observe how short their memories are today as they critisize the President.
We will not "misunderestimate" the intent of those that resent freedom and will go to any length to oppress it. We will support freedom, and freedom will win.

AIR # 410
Closed Thread