Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 10:21 AM   #281
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
That's from someone's Airstream that sprung a leak, was dismissed and mold built up between the walls and floors.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 02-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #282
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
I hate mold more than the cold. I really hate the cold.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:39 PM   #283
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
charlotte , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by winner
I think you are a bit deluded if you think the moderators are permissive in allowing posts -they(which) are not allowing frank and candid posts of truthful aspects concerning this president -- I.e., he is a reformed drunk, and he did misrepresent the truth in many of his remarks and has made some very serious mistakes in judgement concerning the deployment of our military. He persists in playing the religion card attached to his international policies. So in conclusion dschuchfc, the moderators have not been clearly permissive in allowing this spirited discussion
Being an armchair quarterback is about the easiest job in the world. On the other hand RUNNING the office of the most powerful position IN THE WORLD and doing it under a microscope in the global information-on-demand world we live in is...well...it takes a lot of ass.
Hmmm...lets see the number of hands in this forum of people who've never lied, never made a mistake, never misrepresented themselves or something else, never did anything dishonest, never drank, smoked, partied, tried a drug of some sort, etc, etc.....Gosh, I dont see any hands up...wonder why?
Different Topic:
No offense here, but I often hear a very common misconception from a lot of those of the democratic persuasion. Make no mistake, our soldiers arent being held hostage and forced to fight in Iraq. Ask any one of them and you'll get always the SAME answer...they wouldnt have it any other way.
These people, our soldiers, God bless every last one of 'em, are one thing and one thing only....highly trained professional killers. They arent peace keepers, boy scouts, or good will ambassadors. We send them off to kill our enemies.
We should support them in any way possible and 100% without question.
They are the ONLY reason why we are all sitting in our comfy houses in our jammies typing away about silly 50 year old trailers while eating Ho-Ho's.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:58 PM   #284
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikagurl
...RUNNING the office of the most powerful position IN THE WORLD ...well...it takes a lot of ass.
Well since there's no shortage of asses in this administration, I guess we're in pretty good shape!

(This topic came to a peaceful ending back in February, I wonder about the motive behind rekindling it now, since we've generally moved on to other, more Airstream-related topics.)
Old 08-27-2005, 01:01 PM   #285
2 Rivet Member

Wake Up

Of course if Bill Clinton, had done the exact same thing that President Bush has done regarding Iraq the Republicans would be demanding impeachment for mis-leading the American people into a war that is based upon wrong information, (weapons of mass destruction targeted at us), and not finding OBL the mastermind of 9/11 after all. Unfortunately this is all about power and politics and many of our citizens blindly follow the path of their chosen party at the prodding of talk show personalities (both left and right wing) who are really in it for money and fame.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:05 PM   #286
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bredlo
Well since there's no shortage of asses in this administration, I guess we're in pretty good shape!

(This topic came to a peaceful ending back in February, I wonder about the motive behind rekindling it now, since we've generally moved on to other, more Airstream-related topics.)
Nor here in this forum I might add.....
Wonder and move about as you wish.
Meanwhile, I will comment where and when I please without having to explain my motive or ask your permission.
You'd be doing yourself and everyone else a favor in the future by not making
general decisions on other people's behalf...especially mine.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:37 PM   #287
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardenrj
Of course if Bill Clinton, had done the exact same thing that President Bush has done regarding Iraq the Republicans would be demanding impeachment for mis-leading the American people into a war that is based upon wrong information, (weapons of mass destruction targeted at us), and not finding OBL the mastermind of 9/11 after all. Unfortunately this is all about power and politics and many of our citizens blindly follow the path of their chosen party at the prodding of talk show personalities (both left and right wing) who are really in it for money and fame.

Lame.
Fact is...he didnt.
Fact is...Clinton was brought up on impeachment charges for lying under oath. I cant believe anyone in the world would think a knob-job was worth that. It does speak for itself.
Bush didnt mislead anyone nor did he fabricate any facts. These "supposed" facts regarding WMD were held and believed by every major intel agency in the world.
Its unfortunate to hear that you really belileve its all about money and fame. For me its about trying to enjoy the rest of my life and for my kids to enjoy theirs.
Just blocks away from my neighborhood is a strip mall. At one corner there used to be a smoke shop (high end pipes, cigars, etc.) owned by Sudanese. Just recently (weeks ago) it was discovered in their financial records and documents that they were in fact funneling large amounts of money back to the middle east to support Hammas and Al Quieda. In my hometown. This is just one incident...who knows how much we dont know about.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:20 PM   #288
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Quote:
Nor here in this forum I might add.....
Wonder and move about as you wish.
Meanwhile, I will comment where and when I please without having to explain my motive or ask your permission.
You'd be doing yourself and everyone else a favor in the future by not making
general decisions on other people's behalf...especially mine.
Touchy little chika, aren't ya?
Old 08-27-2005, 05:36 PM   #289
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Actually he's a touchy little chico
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Old 08-27-2005, 05:42 PM   #290
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
LOL Oops!!
Old 08-27-2005, 06:44 PM   #291
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bredlo
Touchy little chika, aren't ya?

Nope. Im 6'2" - 225 lbs
I happen to know that there are many people here
that wont get involved or speak up to set things right
for their own reasons. Thats fine and they're good folks.
But, being a Pit Bull I'll see to it that you read me loud and clear.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:47 PM   #292

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
No offense here, but I often hear a very common misconception from a lot of those of the democratic persuasion. Make no mistake, our soldiers arent being held hostage and forced to fight in Iraq. Ask any one of them and you'll get always the SAME answer...they wouldnt have it any other way.
These people, our soldiers, God bless every last one of 'em, are one thing and one thing only....highly trained professional killers. They arent peace keepers, boy scouts, or good will ambassadors. We send them off to kill our enemies.
We should support them in any way possible and 100% without question.
They are the ONLY reason why we are all sitting in our comfy houses in our jammies typing away about silly 50 year old trailers while eating Ho-Ho's.
Sorry, but I think you're completely wrong. I don't see all of our soldiers as professional killers. They ARE peace keepers, good will ambassadors, and our representatives to the rest of the world - and a lot of them were boy scouts too. I think narrowing them down to 'professional killers' is disrespectful. I know my grandfathers, father, cousins, and friends who have served or are currently serving would not describe themselves so.

And most of all I know those men fought so that I have the right to say what I think. Because this is a free country. We are not required to back our President, our troops, or anyone 100% without question. In fact I think being an American requires us to constantly question, investigate, and hold people to their decisions. Although some people would like us to bow down and accept whatever the government says is right, the government is made up of people, as imperfect and fallible as the rest of us, and it's our job to keep an eye on them.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:49 PM   #293
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
To the man who only has a hammer in the toolkit, every problem looks like a nail.
Abraham H. Maslow
Old 08-27-2005, 06:55 PM   #294
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Del Norte , Colorado
Very well said !

Don