Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 07:05 AM   #361
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikagurl
This thread is actually engaging and interesting. You know...if there are people here talking about this stuff and having a discussion it isnt reasonable for one person to walk into the room
and tell everyone to knock it off and lets all trade meatloaf recipes instead.
1#ground beef
1# ground turkey
1 can shroom soup
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 med onion grated
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 egg beaten

350 degrees-1 hour

norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 08-29-2005, 07:36 AM   #362
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
charlotte , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert
1#ground beef
1# ground turkey
1 can shroom soup
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 med onion grated
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 egg beaten

350 degrees-1 hour

norby
They eat like that in crawford, tx
Collard greens too
Old 08-29-2005, 07:47 AM   #363
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
i hear in the ditch its mostly turkey.....

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 08-29-2005, 09:11 AM   #364
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
I am simply saying that I agree with the current events.
Point taken and understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Second, I'm not one of the people that said "I'm moving to Canada if Bush gets re-elected". Nor did I say I'm moving abroad if Clinton gets into office. My comments were geared toward the bulk of Kerry supporters who talked a mean game about leaving, but most likely never followed through with it. Moreover, my choice of countries (to migrate to) were done for a reason. You are dead on when you say we differ in thought, but in the end I fully support your comment that the ability to disagree publically is what makes this place such a great place.
The difference one should recognize is that those who said "I'm moving to Canada if Bush gets re-elected" said so out their own free choice, and if some or none followed up on their idea, then that too was their free choice and is in the spirit of America. However, to have someone suggest to you to get out of this country, well, that is what I meant by being un-American.
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
Old 08-29-2005, 09:27 AM   #365
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmimi
Point taken and understood.

The difference one should recognize is that those who said "I'm moving to Canada if Bush gets re-elected" said so out their own free choice, and if some or none followed up on their idea, then that too was their free choice .
hypocrisy runs rampant....and helen whats-her-name, that old fossil in the white house press corp didnt commit suicide either.....

Old 08-29-2005, 10:20 AM   #366
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Improvement!

Quote:
1#ground beef
1# ground turkey
1 can shroom soup
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 med onion grated
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 egg beaten

350 degrees-1 hour

norby
Norby, try substituting ground pork for the turkey (what the hey, it's meatloaf, it's not supposed to be low fat) The last 15 minutes, mix together 1/3 cup molassas and 2/3 cup ketcup, pour over top. It'll make ya want to slap ya mama. Dang, it's good.

Helen Thomas is who you're thinking of. I saw a legit news report a few months back that claimed she lost her front row seat because there seemed to be real concern that she was becoming a bit senile.

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Old 08-29-2005, 11:19 AM   #367
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
i took out the pork and added the turkey to make the loaf more healthful....now i so healthy i want to slap myself......

Old 08-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #368
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Goodness Me... !!!

Well I never... 19 pages, what on earth did I start here...must say tho, I sure have learnt a lot readin ALL Yr coments, NO I aint gonna slate any one of U...LOL, a little friendly banter did'nt hurt anyone, jus wanna Thank ya ALL 4 voicin Yr opinions, THANKS... CHRIS...
Old 08-29-2005, 08:03 PM   #369
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Quote:
...now i so healthy i want to slap myself......

dangit....you so healthy missa nor....I dee clare
Old 08-29-2005, 08:33 PM   #370
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Perpetual Political Panning Post

Hey Chris, if you would consent to rename this it could become the catch-all democracy thread! (No -- I don't think that would actually happen.) This thread stands at 369 replies. What's the record?

And Chika -- Meatloaf in Crawford? It'd better be chicken fried steak or nothin'! Some of the best I've had was in Waco in 1975. Can you say 'bypass'?

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 08-29-2005, 11:05 PM   #371
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
370, Lol......

... Say C/S.. call it what U wish, & Me 2, but jus remember 2 call Me in 4 My TEA...LMAO... U talkin abt the boby FOOOD... Meatloaf, or the Music...???, If its the Music its a lttl Heavey 4 Me at this time of the mornin, where as IF its the FOOOD... Yep count Me in, I'm STARVIN... One of My main reasons 4 comin bk 2 Yr side of the Pond this Nov/Dec..IS the CHICKEN... I jus luv the way U guys dish t up, done jus rite n Plenty of it...Mmmm.... Good Food IS GREAT better than any Politics, at least I can digest it...LOL, One gets fed up with Cucumber sarnies... ( Hee Hee )...Catch ya all later...gotta go 2 My WERK...YUK !!!...Chris.....
Old 08-30-2005, 12:22 AM   #372
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
This thread stands at 369 replies. What's the record?
You've got a long way to go...the record (so far) is 699 posts!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
Old 08-30-2005, 09:08 AM   #373
3 Rivet Member

Just checked in on this post and saw a lot of ??? (meatloaf???), but what sarmimi is saying, I think, deserves a response. In words that echo of the 60's, 'Right on!' I'm not say immediate withdrawal, or anything. I don't presume to know what move we should make at this point. But as a citizen of this country we need to examine the choices our country has made and expect our administration to also do the same. I did not vote for W, but even if I did, I would be leery of anyone who never admits to a mistake. At least sarmimi was able as a child to recognize when a fight was started with insufficient reason. Unfortunately in this instance, the ramifications of this battle are not localized, and many innocent families are affected. Actually, we are ALL affected. Damn shame.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:12 AM   #374
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
The fact is, when you are President, you receive daily briefings on a variety of subjects necessary to being the Chief Executive and Commander in Chief.
Some of the information is perhaps public knowledge available in the news media, and the rest is classified information not available to the general public.
All of the speculation and potulating the media and general public does is therefore only half baked, and less than completely knowledgable. It is what we don't know, and what cannot be revealed for reasons of sensivitity and National Security that makes it impossible for the person not in the CHAIR making the decisions to have an accurate assessment of what "should" be done or not done.
Quite frankly, none of us know what we would do IF we were inthe CHAIR making the decisions. IF you were in the CHAIR, and KNEW the COMPLETE picture and all of the intended, and unintended consequences of every decision and utterance from the Oval Office, the decision you made might well be the same as the decisions that "W" has made.
---just my 2 cents---

AIR # 410
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
Old 08-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #375
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
short term memory loss

why is it that iraq is suddenly a big mistake made by GW?

i seem to recall the congress voted twice to authorize the administration to deal with iraq, with overwhelming majorities. both times.

not to mention u.n. resolutions authorizing the same.

i think we have won the war, we just don't know it yet.....

john
Old 08-30-2005, 11:00 AM   #376
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
I was thinking of this very thing yesterday while driving to Charleston and I dont think I could have come close to wording it this well.
There seem to be lots of folks who seem to feel they "deserve" to know every single detail. Although I do believe there should be a certain level of disclosure to the public, it would be ridiculous to divulge everything given the nature of sensitivity of the subject matter. We dont really want to announce every detail of our plans to our "enemies" in advance.
And yes, Im in full agreement with the above...its easy to QB from the sidelines...if you had ALL the facts in front of you...and ALL the knowledge...even the top secret stuff...maybe things would look VERY different.
No politician is perfect as no person is perfect. And although I can be somewhat cynical at times, I REALLY dont think even the filthiest politician would actually jeopardize this country's well-being for his own personal gain (Im prepared to be mauled for that comment).
These guys arent idiots..they're highly educated, experienced top shelf politicals, intellectuals, attorneys and the like.
Should we question them...YES, absolutely.
But sometimes we also need to TRUST they are using their powers to do the right thing.
Some people still dont believe Iraq was connected or had anything to do with it (reminds me of those that believe moon landings were just a Hollywood stunt). Please see the exerpt from the document below I posted which plainly proves otherwise.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:20 PM   #377
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
There is a lot of misinformation and ignorance being used to draw innappropriate conclusions.

For those who still do not understand why we are in Iraq I suggest you look up the Congressional resolution authorizing the effort. After that, look at the 1998 established US position regarding regime change in Iraq and then you can go into a history of the cease fire agreement and its related activity and then you can go back to the assasination attempt on the US President. The 'causus beli' goes on and on.

The "never admits to a mistake" is another indicator that is falsely based and innapropriate. It illustrates a deep political bias that avoids reality and attempts to make the messy day to day expression of events into a theoretically perfect and fully known universe.

Yes, we are "ALL affected." Did you see the History Channel's recent mini series about 9/11? If not, go get the DVD. Consider the long history of events that lead up to 9/11. Look at what happened then that did impact us all.

But if you want to pretend that what was said was not said; that the world situation is all the work of one man, that history is meaningless and can be ignored; that the US is governed by cabal and conspiracy; that those who want to hurt us can be appeased; -- I just don't know what it will take to bring less dissonance with the real world.

The hubris of those who don't presume - then do. Oh, my.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:46 PM   #378
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Mmm...

Good evenin 2U ALL...
1stly, fanx 4 ALL the coments, now I realy do TRY NOT 2 get involved in any Poly-Gender... I would B a Fool & a well kicked As* if I were 2 coment on Yr system of doings...Gettin the job done...& stiff upper lip & so on...
There IS, I Believe in this world A MAN ( WOMAN ) 4 Every job, it may take years, money even Wars, B4 this right person IS found, BUT, readin ALL Yr posts, I do believe U R gettin there...
I listen 2 a LOT of Bob Dylan & Donovan & Many others, whom in the '60s, turned their music round from soft meanin easy listenin pleasure 2 hard hittin Anti-War political propaganda...thus unitin Both the UK & the USA with the HIPPY era...Yes I was there, with My bell bottom trousers & bell sleeved shirt, long hair, sandles, & my many Ban the Bomb button badges, & so on, jus like many, I FOLLOWED..., I had'nt a clue Man, I was in My teens, 4 cryin out loud, everyone was hippy & "" Give peace a chance "" gimme the 'baccy Man... it was all there, FREE LOVE, the cider, but the biggest thing WAS the MUSIC, simply because MUSIC is Life in it's self, I did'nt understand what it was all abt, I did'nt care either, as long as it nvr affected ME, I was gonna B jus fine...BUT, yep there has always gotta B a BUT... I'm payin 4 it NOW, jus as U R... Gas, Taxes, anything the government can screw outta Me I PAY 4, so 2 ME, it don't make NO difference who rules who or what, " Everybody gotta serve somebody ".. ( Dylan )..& everybody gotta pay the price... tell U this 4 nuffin, I WOOD'NT do the JOB...Chris.....
Old 08-30-2005, 01:19 PM   #379
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
anyone whose mind has been changed in the slightest by all these cogent & carefully civil arguments ...

... please raise your hand!
Old 08-30-2005, 02:40 PM   #380
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
yeah kiddo, it has changed my mind about a few things.

the moonbat kooky left is now fully in charge of the democratic party. how else can howard the scream dean be in charge.

just look at the lingo they use: terrorists are now freedom fighters.

if the left doesn't stop running against bush now they will not only lose the next election, but the next 10!

doesn't bother me in the least!

john