Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
2022 Atlas
Sioux Falls , Arkansas
Functional Modification Ideas

I will be taking my AS to the Weaterford , TX AS dealer for modifications to increase the functional aspects of my unit that will make fulltiming easier. I am very happy with the interior (chiffon With ultra leather sofa). Here's my list so far:

-moveable shelves in all the cabinets

-shelving added to one half of closet space

-shower changed to one that I can set the water temp then just push a button to turn the water on and off

-change the water heater door cover and stove vent to SS

-toilet paper holder in bathroom

Would appreciate any other functional tweeking ideas that don't require a total tear down or cost an arm and a leg since buying the AS already has. Thanks, 'shaker
fr8tshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Have you checked out Pahaska's mods in this thread?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Not sure what will work in your floorplan, but...

We had a furniture quality bookshelf made that sat on the floor, and came up to the height of the dinette seat. This was great for storing a number of things, including books, and made use of otherwise unused floor.

The addition of a catalytic heater was a great addition for us as well.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #4
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Check out Pahaska's modifications as previously suggested. David is capable of installing any of the ideas you might glean from the thread. Pahaska also has a number of additional ideas in his articles which appear in Airstream Life. Almost everything he's done is relatively inexpensive, but really adds to the livability of the trailer for many people. I think Airstream should come down to Texas and recruit him as a consultant.

By the way, it's not too late to register for the Texas Vintage Rally in Montgomery, Texas from Jan. 31 through Feb. 4th. Both David Tidwell and Pahaska (John Irwin) will be conducting seminars along with 6-8 other experts in their respective fields. You'd have the opportunity to see first hand the many modifications John has made to his trailer, tour the many vintage and other unusual trailers on display (squarestream and 5th wheel airstream) and enjoy plenty of good food, fellowship and fun with perhaps a 100 other Airstreamers. Think about it. We'd love to meet you.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
2022 Atlas
Sioux Falls , Arkansas
Thanks for the Input

Thanks for the suggestions and links. We are headed home now. Going to try and make Montgomery this week. 'shaker
fr8tshaker is offline   Reply With Quote