Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
Port Angeles , Washington
BTW... the last pic with the black duck is Frosty's best friend, Bashful. They hang out all the time and they insist on sleeping in the same duck shed.

That gal is my bride.... she's let me hang out with her for 40 years. I call her "Yes Dear" and she spoils me rotten.... she wrote the check for the Airstream. ;>)

When I brought up the idea of raising 2 birds about 1 1/2 year ago, she was reluctant, but she gave in. We now have 60 birds and she loves it. I won. ;>)
Gator113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
Matawan , New Jersey
Wow! You have quite a brood there. Or is it a flock? Anyway it looks like fun. "Waddle" they think of next? Yes...that deserved a groan!

We had friends who had a duck and a dachsund dog. They would chase each other around the yard and seemed to be having a good-ol-time. We were never quite sure who was the boss, but we suspect it was the duck.

Thanks for the pictures. Hope you and "Yes Dear" continue to enjoy (especially Frosty and Bashful).

Happy traveling...

2007 23' Safari SE Lounge (IdaJune)
'05 Toyota 4Runner LE 4.7 V8 4WD w/ tow package
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
Tin Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
LOL... We once owned a Dachshund, while at the same time we had two Dobermanns. There was never any doubt that the Dachshund was in charge. Heck, she would even boss me around. ;>)
Old 10-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #44
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
his very own emergency picnic basket

Too funny. I especially like the "fresh duck" crack as well.

Some threads get zip response. Some take a while. I read here daily but only came across this today.

You might go for a few recorded "barnyard" sounds to play from a open, but "curtained" window . . whatever follow up to well-said lines above tickles the fancy.

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
Thanks... glad it made you smile.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCrumpet View Post
So, when you think you're all packed and ready to head out---remember the duck....... ;>)
Hello from England
We had a pet Duck..We took her everywhere with us..
Heres a few snaps..It was such a long time ago..
My son is now in his 30's and he loves these
[/QUOTE]

I do not know how I missed your post until now, but those pic's are awesome.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

2002 25' Safari
1988 25' Excella
1967 20' Globetrotter
Seattle , Washington
I just moved into my Airstream, beginning life as a full-timer. Have no television yet & may not ever get one with postings like that for entertainment on my smart phone. Thanks!
Martha
clemdogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
What a great story Gator113! I'm so glad you gave your thread some time to blossom. You are a gifted story teller so I look forward to more of your adventures with fowl or other faire, perhaps? Your bride is beautiful and by what you share, beautiful inside too. It is so heartwarming to hear and read about people who enjoy life, are grateful and care about other living things. It's all connected. We are all connected. Thanks again for sharing your story and thanks to all who shared their's too! I loved it all!
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #49
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Hey Clemdogmom. Congrats! I too, just moved into my AS to travel full time. I'm just itching to go somewhere south for the winter like those smart birds... but not sure where, when or whom to go with or meet up with (which I think would be fun). No hubby, boyfriend, kids, pets or parents to take care of and retired to boot! All dressed up and nowhere to go?! Any ideas you guys and gals?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

2002 25' Safari
1988 25' Excella
1967 20' Globetrotter
Seattle , Washington
Hey Carlita, must be getting cold in Oregon. Next summer I am off to Seattle. Let's meet up then. For now I plan to poke around the southeast.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Yes, doggonit! It is starting to get cold. Meeting up next summer sounds good. I'm hoping to head down south too but around California or Arizona. Not sure yet. Anyhoo, have a great time and we'll catch ya later!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #52
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlita View Post
What a great story Gator113! I'm so glad you gave your thread some time to blossom. You are a gifted story teller so I look forward to more of your adventures with fowl or other faire, perhaps? Your bride is beautiful and by what you share, beautiful inside too. It is so heartwarming to hear and read about people who enjoy life, are grateful and care about other living things. It's all connected. We are all connected. Thanks again for sharing your story and thanks to all who shared their's too! I loved it all!
Thank you for your kind comments. That lady, I call her Yes Dear, has let me hang out with her for 40 years...she is indeed quite a gal. ;>)