Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Forum discussions

I for one have enjoyed the recent discussions on the forum. Hopefully I haven't offended anyone, but wanted to say how much I enjoy the dif viewpoints stated. Some of you have so much knowledge it is almost scary. Intelligence, education and experience or combinations of these really make this forum what t is. Thanks to everyone who posts. Jim
Old 06-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Yep, some very interesting discussions going on. A couple of them are downright hilarious with the different "opinions" being put out as absolute facts by the "experts".

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 06-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
I enjoy this forum immensly. Most people are so willing to share their knowledge and experience. I enjoy the discussions, however charged they may be. I have never been disrespected. And last but not least I just loved the "Bear Country" thread. The humor was sophmoric and sometimes very spot on. Winters in Western Washington are boring to say the least and this forum was an excellent diversion. Thanks to all of you. See you somewhere, sometime and when it is least expected. My son talked me into going to Burning Man this year so maybe I will get to meet some of you in person there.

Kindest regards,
Dan
Old 06-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
And Jim, I don't think you've offended anybody.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Question In person

Just remember.....it's all virtual, nothing's certain 'til you see the whites of their eye's.

Bob
Old 06-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Technically, Robert . . . .

I believe that in virtual that would be the #FFFFF's of their eyes
Old 06-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Me too. and I never claimed to be an expert on anything but my opinion. And I will be the first to apologize when I'm wrong!!! and my wife says that happens a lot..

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 06-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
But seriously folks...... this is a great place to gain knowledge and share the AS experience with some great folks.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
When I first came on the Forums I was awed by the friendliness and willingness of members to help out ... but was so new myself that I could offer little more than a welcome to newcomers ... which I did ... and still do.

But now, after getting some experience under my belt, it makes my day when I am able offer some bit of insight, or a tip, or answer a question, or help someone have a better Airstream experience. I've learned so much from others here ... it's nice to pay that forward when I can.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Just remember.....it's all virtual, nothing's certain 'til you see the whites of their eye's.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	white_eye_1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	160363  

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Old 06-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:

Bob

Hi, some of us spend so much time on this forum that our eyes are blood shot and not so white.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #12
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
What some consider humorous, others consider trolling. And what some consider sophomoric humor makes others want to reach through their computer and strangle them.
With a virtual town of 50+ thousand, there are bound to be differences in personalities, opinions, senses of humor and sensibility.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Everyone has their own opinions, you are welcome to yours, as I am to mine. Jim
Old 06-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #14
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Wink In my opinion....

"Opinions are sometimes best expressed by keeping them to ones-self." RLC

Bob
Old 06-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #15
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
What some consider humorous, others consider trolling. And what some consider sophomoric humor makes others want to reach through their computer and strangle them.
With a virtual town of 50+ thousand, there are bound to be differences in personalities, opinions, senses of humor and sensibility.
Sensibility....we own Airstreams...remember?

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
Old 06-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Not for much longer. Jim
Old 06-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #17
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Sensibility....we own Airstreams...remember?

Aaron
Oh. Yeah. I forgot for a moment...
Old 06-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #18
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
"Opinions are sometimes best expressed by keeping them to ones-self." RLC

Bob
Truer words were never typed. If only you could see some of the posts I wrote but didn't submit…
Old 06-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #19
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Disagreement is the mother of truth—did I make that up?

Everyone may be sensitive about something and sometimes they react strongly. Best in those situations to wait for a day or more before replying (sometimes I forget this rule). Angry posts never go over well.

There are some members who seem always angry. I doubt they have much influence though I try to understand their posts because they might be right. Otherwise, I try to ignore them because to challenge them sheds no light. They may be trying to get attention and why feed that? I forget this rule frequently. Maybe they'll go away and never come back.

One of the things that happens is that people stake out a position, discussion goes on, those positions waver and bend. Often initial posts are not clear or are too short to explain everything believed. In the end, the thinking, reasonable people find out just what they agree on and what they don't. They often find out they are not disagreeing very much. But some just make absolute statements, get "unfriendly" when someone disagrees, and leave in a huff (hopefully soon).

It is all just like a family; we are at a perpetual Thanksgiving dinner (low cal version). Now who is the crazy uncle* amongst us?

Not too long ago Paula (the Virginia one) wrote she was from the northeast where people can be sarcastic and argumentative and it doesn't mean they are bad, nasty, unloving, but just that this is the normal way people talk to each other (I may have expanded on what she said, but I hope I conveyed the sense of it). I too come from the northeast and know exactly what she meant. We also talk loud, something my Colorado native wife doesn't have an easy time with. What is normal conversation in the northeast is thought badly of in other places. Differences in regional personalities can be misinterpreted. So to lapse into NYC speak: "I hope you're not too stupid to understand that, and if you are, I got some friends in Brooklyn who will 'explain' it to you, mother………………" But really, we are full of love and understanding; and, remember to follow New Yorkers, because we usually get to the head of the line.

Gene

*Some of you may remember Bob and Ray. In the '50's they were the morning guys on a NYC radio station. One of their characters was Uncle Eugene. He collected peanut butter sandwiches and had a room full of them. I am no relation to Uncle Eugene.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
I sometimes like the sarcasm and humor. The bear county thread made me laugh and laugh. Not much in the way of relevant information though. I would imagine it irritated people but it seemed to get a lot of attention.

I see people who are justifyably angry and others who just seem to like to complain. People sometimes seem to relate tales of woe tol get attention and this is especially true on the internet where your posts are relatively anonnamous. As time goes by these people generally will find a different audience as the responses dwindle.

I wss angry yesterday about the Mohave situation and my posts reflected that. I would post differently today after a days thought.

I like the humor very much. If this forum was purely limited to technical matters I would have lost interest a long time ago.

I also enjoy reading about peoples adventures both good and bad.

I have contacted a great RV guy in this forum named Lewster and in all likelyhood he will be installing a solar panel on my trailer this summer. I plan on luring him with fresh King Salmon, Dungeness crab, and microbrews galore.

Connections like these would have been impossible without this forum. People like CrawfordGene, Robert Cross, Protagonast and others have willingly shared information on this forum that has literally put a lot of people on the road safely. CrawfordGene and I almost started a lucrative business.

This is a great community and I am proud to be a part of it

Dan
CEO P.P.P
Closed Thread