Old 11-08-2004, 10:19 PM   #1

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Finally did some polishing...

But not on my trailer. I am restoring a 1984 SVO Mustang, and it has beautiful 16 inch aluminum wheels. Well, they may have been beautiful in 1984, but time hasn't been kind to them. They are aluminum, with a peeling clearcoat - sound familiar? So I got one off today and had the tire guys pull the bald tire off of it. Then I secured it to the bench and got out the polish. I spent half an hour with the Mothers by hand and wasn't getting anywhere. So I took the SS and the buffer out, and after accidently spraying green SS all over the garage (wall, car, me) when I started the buffer up, I spent about ten minutes on the wheel. Wiped the black off with mineral spirits, rinsed and dried the whole thing off. It looks pretty darn good. A little more time around the edges where the buffer was just plain hard to handle, and I'll just have three more wheels to go.

Here it is next to one of the unfinished wheels. It was in the same condition to start with. And another showing the reflection. Can you believe it? I'm so happy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	9381   Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	9382  

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search