Old 01-11-2004, 08:06 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

, Connecticut
Fill ur pockets

O.K. Guys the prices of our units just http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2452403707 up ! see link......

Old 01-11-2004, 08:25 AM   #2
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
I wonder if the winner will follow thru this time. He had it sold last week for 8500, but it just reappeared on Ebay. No mention of the prior auction. Makes you wonder..............

WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 09:19 AM   #3
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
Right here, , where ever I wake up
Send a message via AIM to Theo
Look at the one complaint...

http://cgi2.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-c...id=deonnaw2344

Theo
Old 01-11-2004, 04:33 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
This 78 Tradewind

I had it tracked as winning 12/28/03 for $10,702. The second bidding 1/11/04 topped out at $12,400. There was absolutely no name correllation between the bid list from the first to the second. Both bid sessions went over 20 bids and in both cases the two top bidders were first time entrants. In both cases there was one bidder that was a pretty consistant player through the whole bidding period and lost out. Mighty strange. If 70s period Tradewinds can top out over 10 grand in a slow off season it makes my investment look pretty good. If they keep up this frenzy I could trade up to a brand new one.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:07 PM   #5
Rivet Master

The words "new carpet" or "new hardwood flooring" should set off a DANGER DR. ROBINSON reaction in any prospective Airstream buyer.

I keep a file of Ebay listings such as these, as well as ads from RVTraderonline, VAC, and of course anything that turns up locally. I want ammunition in case a total loss causes problems with the insurance adjusters.

It seems like there was an 80s model 25' that brought $12,000 six or eight months ago. It caused me to up the declared value of my coach.

Mark
Old 01-11-2004, 05:08 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

, Connecticut
What about this ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2447454390
Old 01-11-2004, 06:32 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
[QUOTE]Originally posted by j54mark
[B]The words "new carpet" or "new hardwood flooring" should set off a DANGER DR. ROBINSON reaction in any prospective Airstream buyer.

Whoa! Whoa! Hold your horses here! We are in the process of replacing the carpet in our airstream. Oh, it had been recently replaced, and was in good shape.
Why would I want to do that, you inquire? We-ellll. We bought the trailer mainly for dog shows. Ahem, pay attention here, it came to my notice after doing several shows, that dogs and travel trailer carpets do NOT go together! Even immaculantly groomed, non shedding dogs.
While we usually only have our two in the trailer, at times we have had friends stay with us, or visit, and added another three to five poodles to the mix of ours and the humans, too! And we're talkin' standard poodles, not those little puff balls! LOL!! At fifty, sixty, or more pounds, that's a WHOLE lotta dog having a good time!
(Any wonder we bought a 31, and are looking for a 34?)
Anyhow, there are no water marks on the plywood, and I'm getting very antsy about getting the cork tiles I bought glued down and doing their job! I can't wiat to have the new floor down, and being able to damp mop and be done!

Elizabeth in Iowa
Old 01-11-2004, 07:19 PM   #8
Rivet Master

"The words "new carpet" or "new hardwood flooring" should set off a DANGER DR. ROBINSON reaction"

"We are in the process of replacing the carpet in our airstream"

I would hate for anyone to take offense. After all, I installed new laminate flooring myself to cover up that gaping, I mean to get rid of the filthy carpet.

But floor rot in an Airstream is not a joke, and the quick buck artists are out there. A similar favorite is the car or truck for sale with "fresh paint". The question which should leap to mind is, "why?" In the case of a used Airstream I'd pay extra to get one with a bare floor.

Mark
Old 01-11-2004, 07:34 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Interesting

Aviontt,

The same seller has that 76 Ambassador is parked in the exact same residential driveway as that 78 Tradewind. Must be a prop location.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:14 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Cool Well, I have exactly the same trailer...

...except that mine has a dinette in front and a double bed. Plus a couple of minor Genuine Airstream Dents. If someone wants to take mine for $12K, let me know immediately!

-Don
Old 01-11-2004, 09:01 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
I just did a search by bidders, to see what else those people bid on. Rather interesting......
I like to do this every once in awhile.
Besides, that way, I can catch my kid buying junk again.....javascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')

EiI