Old 01-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
2008 30' Classic
On the road since 2000 ,
Ads? I don't got no stinkin' ads?

Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia View Post
I find I log onto AirForums less frequently than I used to do. Somehow the tone of the forum and relevance of discussions no longer attract me as much, but mostly, the interruptive ads and screens make me want to close the screen, which I very often do. I have no idea if this style of advertising discourages other users, but it does me, and I'm sad because AirForums has been a joy to participate in-in the past. I understand the need for advertising--there seems to be much along the sides of the home page--but they seem to dominate now. I won't buy from in-my-face ads on this forum, tv, wherever they appear. So, I'm not fully gone, but definitely, I'm fading away from this group. ~G
Sounds like you need to install the Mozilla Firefox browser and then add the Addblock add-on.

With this, you will never see any ads; makes no difference if you are logged in or not.

I continue to be amazed at how many people put up with stuff like ads when a little bit of searching by way of Google will provide information about tools that can be used on a computer to browse the internet that offer a less intrusive piece of software than that which microsoft offers.

We are travelers with an attitude. We get to go anywhere, anytime, and have attitudes about what we see and hear.

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and being narrow minded."
norsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #16
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I started fading away a few months ago when I noticed that some people were moderated and some people weren't. It seemed that a liberal comment was welcomed with open arms but a conservative view was always moderated and deleted for being too political. I know I'm not the only one that felt that way and not the only one to visit the airforums less frequently. I don't see any difference now, but am visiting more often out of selfish reasons.

You probably need to either get a popup blocker or turn yours on. Google has a nice one that works for me and it is free. I tried Firefox and I guess I am one of the few that is unimpressed. It probably is a good browser but it just didn't do any thing for me.

2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #17
Rivet Master
San Angelo , Texas
I get the same way sometimes, especially when I'm searching for a thread and I'm hoping that someone else has experienced the same problem as I in point, the bathroom mirror latch in our Sovereign broke (again) and I have been trying to find a thread that can point me in the right such luck. That really is disheartening.

What I do is go over to the Ford diesel forum for a bit and lurk there. As luck would have it, the solution to my latch problem presented itself and I am back on track, ready to contribute and hopefully help other people with their problems here.
1971 Sovereign International - SOLD

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #18

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

I LOVE all the ads..specially that great buggy toyota....reminds me of all the stuff on the market that I need to forget. They pay to reach me and I just smile and say no thanks.

Kind'a like all the junk mail I use in the litter box.
AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #19
Rivet Master
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Thanks, all! I'm such a happier camper now than I was this morning. I'm sure those of you for whom such a simple fix IS a simple fix must shake your combined handy heads in amazement at my kind of ineptness...but you're so nice about it Hopefully this spoke to some other inepts on the forum who might have been having the same frustation that I'd been having--so a broader good might come from a muddle. ~G
1995 Airstream Classic Limited 30' ~ Gypsy
1978 Argosy Minuet, 6.0~Minnie/GPZWGN
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #20

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I hope the ad for that bank that shows the guy being mean to a couple of kids shows up here. Man - I just never get enough that. I mean, who would have thought that was a way to encourage people to do business with you?

Who knew?

pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote