Old 01-25-2004, 10:15 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Send a message via AIM to MileHigh
ERS...AAA vs GS..Are they about the same ??

Well,...We're trying to take care of Emergency Road Service
concerns before we head-out.

What do you think ? AAA vs Good Sam....

Are they about the same ??

MileHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:25 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member
Towing is a big ticket item, and who ever gives you the most towed miles for the buck would be my choice.
Cant count on road service to fix everything!

Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:21 AM   #3
Still Working
1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Recent Experience

I had this experience very recently,
I will be using GS from here on out. Foremost dropped me in the grease.
It is a long story. I cannot say enough good things about GS.

For 79 bucks, the greatest money I ever spent in RVs.

I highly recommend it and would not leave home without it.

Caution if you sign up with Foremost or CW, you will not be dealing with either parent company, they subcontract to other little comanies. GS handles it themselves.

Nothing Pi$$es me off worse than dealing with a middle man and especially in the middle of crisis.

Good Sams will always get my money, my time and my recommendation.

smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master
2005 28' Classic
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Some good, some bad

I haven't made any use of it yet, but I have stuck with the Thor roadside assistance. I received a free year with my International, renewed it, and then received another free year when I bought the Classic. They added my unused time to the end of the contract and I am good through mid 2005. My dealings with them on the phone have been very reassuring.

I think that with Airstream looking over their shoulder, they will give me good service should I need them.

In the past, with SOB trailers, I have used roadside assistance twice; wish I could remember the names of the two companies. First time was a disaster; they left me hanging with a lot of excuses and I finally found a local mechanic who would come out to the trailer and he got me going again. Needless to say, I cancelled them. Second time worked out very well when I blew a wheel bearing in Michigan.
John W. Irwin
2005 Classic 28 "Sabre-Dog III"
2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ
WBCCI #9632, TAC TX-10
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 06:52 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member
My one and only experience with AAA was less than satisfying. A sensor went out on my Excursion and I needed a tow. It took them a while to find a truck that could haul the beast - that I can understand.

But once I was loaded and on my way, the driver mentioned "you know your plan only covers five miles of towing, don't ya?". Well I didn't - it had never been mentioned before. Long story short, when we got to the Ford dealer, I had to write the driver a check for $75 for the excess mileage.

I did a little more exploring the next day and found that my AAA coverage did nothing for my trailer - if I broke down towing I was on my own to get the trailer moved. After that I signed up with GS - they cover the truck and the trailer with unlimited mileage.

I guess the moral of the story is read the fine print - I wish I had.
HP9K is offline   Reply With Quote