Old 04-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
1959 24' Tradewind
Santa Rosa , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Awesome Rodney,

Growing up it was instilled in me to succeed and strive. Been there, done that. Now i think simple is better. Good friends, an honest and transparent life style and thoughts of future travel fill my head. You have a great attitude and Im sure something will come along just in time..

2014 Intl 23' FB
1959 Tradewind 24'
2011 Dodge Dually Crew
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post
What You Can Do to Stay Healthy
There are everyday actions people can take to stay healthy.
Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
If you get sick, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
Hi, number one on the list should be "Stay out of Mexico" There is nothing good down there and you get what you pay for. "The cheap comes out expensive" Swine Flu and whatever else you return with are what I call "Free Souvenirs". [my opinion]

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:04 AM   #17
Rivet Master
1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Yes, I had the swine flu vaccine the last go round, never got sick from that, but now live in Southern CA. Several of my employees are planning to go to Mexico for vacation. i would love to tell them to stay home, but can only educate them, and hope they make the right dec

Wash your hands frequently, use wipes on grocery cart handles, and stay home if not feeling well. Handwashing is the number one defense against the spread of germs. Guess what I do for a living.

When people lie to you, and refuse to honor their word, don't regret trying to follow a dream, new adventures and friends await you.
sd90mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
I saw a news story last night where the Mexican government tracked down the first case of this new flu. The inhabitants of a small village who all contracted it live close to a huge agri-business pig farm which crowds pigs into small concrete cells and loads them up with antibiotics so that they don't get ill from the fetid conditions. The pig farm has huge open ponds of porcine waste that they theorize may have seeped into the local water supply.

Pigs are unique in that they are susceptible to infection by porcine viruses as well as human viruses and they theorized that this new virus which is a synthesis of two swine viruses, an avian virus and a human virus developed under these conditions.
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
Austin, TX "Rancho Deluxe"
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Peoria , Arizona
". . . a huge agri-business pig farm which crowds pigs into small concrete cells and loads them up with antibiotics so that they don't get ill from the fetid conditions."

It's sickening. The general public is so far removed from where their food comes from, so there is no public outcry. Bottom line, it seems people just want food produced cheaply. There are still sustainable farmers out there. You can actually visit some farms. Quality costs more up front, but the savings are returned in saved medical expenses and better health. Our thriving, healthy backyard chickens are a whole world apart from almost unrecognizable factory birds! End of rant.
AZ-JH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #20
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yeah but Egypt killing all the pigs when it has not found an infected one and it has been transmitted by people and they have not been in contact with pigs, is horribly devestating to families where that is their source of income already challenged economically. So unless what I read is not true, the measure is to curb panic and not through necessity or to alleviate risk of spreading this new flu.

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member
1966 30' Sovereign
Bethany , Illinois
Here is a story addressing some of the crazy internet rumors.

Swine flu source spawns wild theories | Health | Reuters

Remember the first outbreak of swine flu originally broke out in 1918, not 1976. There were no factory farms back then. And, its only called swine flu because it was originally found, back in 1918, in swine. Not one hog in Mexico or the US has been found to have the illness.
Cory, Angie, and 'Lucy'
1966 Sovereign International
2003 Black Chevy Silverado w/q-steer
airstream66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #22
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Things to avoid to stay free of Swine Flu

This would be a biggie to me:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version