Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Duct Tape Penny Pinching... and other wise tips

I have practically extended the length of our Blue Heeler Toys for... years at very little cost.

Our youngest Blue Heeler will chase, return and beg for more chases by dropping the ring at the front of my feet. She is nearly 7 years old and every morning and sometimes the afternoon we spend about five minutes of 'intensive Cattle Dog heeling exercises'.

The manufacturer of these hard rubber 'rings' that I toss have added an 'incised' circle at four places. I had inquired about... WHY, but never a response. The ring will flex at these cuts into the hard rubber causing them to weaken at that point... and break. There is no way I will let this intentional weakness added to a perfectly good hard rubber ring... creating these weak points dig into my tight budget.

I will take Duct Tape and reconnect the ends when they break. Which they will do in short time after using them. I show two examples.

To improve the duct tape repairs, I now added plastic electrical tape and wrap it tightly around the grey duct tape. It takes much longer now for these spots to flex and break through, now with my black electrical tape wrapping.

Owning an Airstream produces viable outside the the 'Heeler Toy Option Box' repairs, at times.

This is to thumb my nose at the deliberate attempt to increase sales by creating weakness in the product. Much like many products made today. If they do not break or fall apart... resales of the replaced product will hurt the company's bottom or top line.

A roll of duct tape and the 'super electrical tape' combination give myself and Blue Heeler many hours of entertainment.

I know. These repairs look professional and may not even can be noticed by the naked eye, without close scrutiny. My Blue Heeler... helps and takes most of the credit deserved.

The loose change I find in parking lots pay for both rolls of tape. With the extra loose change left on the asphalt... I am saving up for a new Airstream, as well. Maybe if I can last... the year 2158 will be the year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dog rings 1.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	278566   Click image for larger version

Name:	dog rings.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	278567