Old 04-30-2017, 03:25 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 22
Eugene , Oregon
As was mentioned by another member, check out your current auto insurance policy, roadside assistance is a small additional cost. I have StateFarm and have used the roadside assistance several times for both the trailer and TV. No problems or hassles. Good Sam would only duplicate a service I already have. I read one member who said they had roadside service from their vehicle insurer, but still wanted to get the GoodSam policy. IMHO, a waste of money.

mrdfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:45 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
Fun with Junk mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Sanctuary View Post
As others have said, it is not included.

However, if you are a Good Sam member and not part of the Roadside Assistance, you are guaranteed a lifetime of emails and membership cards that you can activate. They are relentless and won't stop. They seem to have lots of money for heavy mailings... so maybe they are overcharging?
Sort of off topic... but a good and fun way to deal with incessant junk mail (like I had from Chase for years) was to stuff other junk mail in the prepaid postage envelopes they send and send it back to them. They have to pay both ways. After repeated attempts to get them to stop sending multiple pre-authorized credit cards a week for over a year, I started sending them stuff back in their envelopes. They eventually contacted me asking me to stop, I said I will when they do. Well, they didn't... so I started sending their envelopes back full of glitter. Problem has been resolved ever since.

I got my Good Sam membership through Camping World and to my surprise, it's actually a pretty good deal with the gas savings (.05 per $1.00 at certain truck stops) and it actually brought the insane in store prices to a reasonable sum.

Iansk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:19 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2008 19' Bambi
2012 23' Flying Cloud
Bandera , Texas
No, separate program. We have it & have used it twice though not trailer related. Decent response time for our location.
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:10 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Gold Canyon , Arizona
Roadside Assistance Options

Okay here you go.......... I currently have Good Sam Roadside Assistance for my truck and my AS. Had to use it for my truck in December and was very disappointed with the service I received plus I was charged a towing fee which should have never happened. Bottom line they are in the process of providing a refund/payment for the towing. But am so unhappy that I am exploring options to Good Sam. Have done some internet research and it appears as if there are no other options in Arizona for roadside assistance coverage under one policy for both car/truck AND RV. AAA is not an option in Arizona and I was unable to find a suitable option. Has anyone out there gone thru the same scenario and fount an option?
ewhitney45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:42 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
I have had GOOD, no EXCELLENT with GOOD SAM.Two involved towing and 3 with flat tires. One of the tows was when I was with my son and had the radiator overheat and blow. I called Good Sam and ALL was covered. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
MIKE
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:57 PM   #20
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
1999 31' Land Yacht
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
You know, I was looking at Good Sam for roadside assistance and happened to check FMCA. Turns out FMCA was somewhat cheaper. (I don't recall the specific numbers at the moment, unfortunately.)
Lynn
Old 02-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Gold Canyon , Arizona
Angry Good Sam Roadside Assistance

So am wondering if the program is only as good as its weakest dispatcher. I am not complaining about the service I received after the tow truck driver arrived. He quickly got our truck on his rig which was no easy feat while we sat in his warm truck. He than towed the truck to San Jon NM about 5 miles and waited until we checked it in for the night. He than took us to Tucumcari NM to a Motel for the night. GREAT JOB. The dispatcher was the problem, first of all she wanted to know what mile marker we were at. Excuse me how the heck would we know. Were we supposed to hike down I40 to find one? She than asked for GPS data. Got it off our phone, gave it to her and she did not know which was longitude and latitude. Than she insisted that we had to give her a mile marker. Suggested we call 911 and get it. Uh why didn't they do that. Told us there would be towing fee of $61 and could/would not explain why since the plan covered unlimited towing to the closed GS recommended repair center by a GS towing co., both of which we were doing. Told us that if we did not call 911 to get a mile marker and agree to the towing fee she would cancel the call, and we would be SOL. So we did and called her back with the info. I insisted she tell me why there would be a charge and she hung up on my wife. I could go on, but think at this point you get the jest of why I am unhappy. I wrote GS a letter highlighting the issue, demanding a credit and they agreed to provide one. However they did not acknowledge the core issue of why I was charged in the first place, nor the incompetence of their dispatcher. So I am still at it with them, and will continue the discussion until I get some real satisfaction. So back to my original question. Anyone out there who has options they have used?
ewhitney45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I have Good Sam Roadside Assistance and had to use it in the Exact Middle of Nowhere, Canada last summer. I could not have been more pleased - they dispatched a local vendor who was excellent. Got one of the biggest tips I've given in my life because they really saved my bacon.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote