Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2002, 10:18 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Diesel truck owners

Therapy:Signs that you need therapy with your Ford diesel problem. These were all sent by users who have undergone therapy at some point. Unfortunately, they are all beyond cure. Consider these warning signs and see a therapist as soon as possible if you exhibit more than 3 of these signs: · After getting out of your truck you can't take more than ten steps before looking back to make sure it's still there. · The racket it makes when it's started in the morning sounds sweeter than the opening chords of Beethoven's 9th. · You honestly think no perfume smells as good as diesel exhaust. · Your spousal unit begins to wonder why you're suddenly volunteering to run all the errands. · You record fuel consumption, mileage, oil changes, and other significant events in the life of your truck with such care and accuracy that the most picky NASA scientist would conclude you're overdoing it. · Three different neighbors have called the police after they've seen you just sitting in your truck - at 1:00 o'clock in the morning. · You're rolling out of Las Vegas headed for L.A., it's 110 degrees at 10:00 a.m. and you're pulling 11,000 lbs of trailer up the stateline grade when you see a Dodge Cummins ahead and know that life as you know it will end if you don't pass and render it a speck in your rearview mirror. · You hear the word "bible" and immediately think "owner's manual." · You find yourself looking at maps to see if there isn't some way to drive to Europe instead of flying. · Every Monday morning as you drive up the street, your neighbors are frantically running to the curb with their trash cans thinking that the garbage truck has arrived three hours early. You laugh with glee. · The kids waiting for the school bus begin to pick up their books only to find out someone put a t444e in a pickup. You grin and wave as you motor by. You roll down the window on a cold day while driving just to hear the motor. · When driving through a tunnel or long underpass you slightly slow down just to hear the motor reverberate off the walls. · Your wife dabs diesel fuel behind her ears when she "wants your attention". · You drive around with a ton of gravel just cuz it seems right. · You can't eat and drive when you are not carrying a load. · You pull up to places that have valet parking and purposely make sure your exhaust is placed so that you can fill the main entry with diesel fumes. · You buy a laptop computer for your fiver so you can keep in touch when you're on the road. · You set the Ford.Diesel.Com page on your browser as your default "home" page so ya never miss a post! · With less than 100 miles on a new Power Stroke, you?ve already got it partially disassembled to add a winch, larger fuel tanks, exhaust & turbo system modifications, additional instruments, CB, an exhaust brake and a class 5 trailer hitch. · Sports cars no longer interest you because they can?t haul a cord of wood in the back and two cords in the trailer. · You put the exhaust right beside the snobs in the convertible on the interstate and floor it! · When pulling in to your local convenience store, you target the poor sap on the outdoor pay phone so they can enjoy the idle mode of the Power Stroke while you run in to get a cold one. · I love it when I pull into the drive thru for my morning coffe with out stopping because the girl knows the sound of this engine and already has it made by the time I round the corner with no wait! · You enjoy setting off more than two car alarms when you start your truck up in a parking lot. · You can't stop at an intersection without rolling down the windows to listen to the Power Stroke idling next to you. · You sit on the john and read a whole issue of The Powerstroke Registry..

Yep, got an old Ford diesel truck with turbo and propane........Frank
Old 11-21-2002, 10:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up Kewl

Frank

There's a DIESEL in Heaven for you too~!~
ciao
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 01:00 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

ya gotta love it !!

What a great post. We just took delivery of our '03 Excursion with the 7.3 PSD and can't get enough of it. I can't wait to hook up the Twinkie and just drive around. The only bad thing is that my "spousal unit" loves it as much as I do and is happiest driving a big rig. I see blissful arguments in our future.

What a great truck and an even more enjoyable post you started !
74SovereignInt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 05:35 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Talking Diesel Truck

Very funny-you could not have said it better-I am on my 2nd(2002) Power Stroke