Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2007, 04:52 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

N. Fort Myers, , Florida
What a great gift. not just the work they did but the boost of spirits..........
It reminds me of the small town I grew up in, people really cared about each other. I don't often see it where people don't know each other.
IT is very nice to hear about.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:12 AM   #22
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Sherfield English , Hampshire
Send a message via MSN to Moonstruck Send a message via Yahoo to Moonstruck
Do it once! Do it right!:-)
BTW, forget the coffee! All that caffiene will do your brains in! Get some English tea bags! Tea has naturally occuring Thianine! This aids relaxation and concentration! Lol!
Marc
Old 03-15-2007, 06:35 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
My project that I have labeled "skin corrosion" is growing. I,m at the "while i,m at it I might as well do this to" phase and have decided to replace all of the lower skins. the corners are quit a challange as they are compound curves. It would be easy to throw in the towel on these, but they will get done when I,m finished.

Kip
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck
Do it once! Do it right!:-)
BTW, forget the coffee! All that caffiene will do your brains in! Get some English tea bags! Tea has naturally occuring Thianine! This aids relaxation and concentration! Lol!
Marc
Marc, You may have forgotten that we in the "Colonies" dumped English tea into Boston Harbor a few years back! The fish have never recovered... Just Kidding! The East Indies Tea trade did wonders for the modern world. Tea anyone? Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
"Time is on my side.... yes it is!"

Boatdoc, I sent you some Karma to ease the pain.... My A/S hasn't been towed since the day I brought it home in 2004. But it will rise like the Phoenix one day soon! Hang in there buddy and do what you can when you can. Ed
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
Old 03-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Me three

Mine hasn't left my driveway either. Your wife is right, very wise lady. Try taking a look back and seeing what you've done. Discouragement is a big part of fixing these up, I've found. Uwe advised me just to think of the next step and keep going until that's done. Suddenly you're at the end!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
1972 21' Globetrotter
Arlington , Tennessee
Seems to me that anyone that does a gratis job for a tax supported community orginazation will not have to look to far for support from others that he has helped. I am more moved by the favor returned than by all the blood, sweat, and moaning and groaning that you have expended to this point in this project. "When you are on the right path unseen helping hands will keep you on that path." -Joseph Campbell paraphrased
Cottonboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:16 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52
Boatdoc, I sent you some Karma to ease the pain.... My A/S hasn't been towed since the day I brought it home in 2004. But it will rise like the Phoenix one day soon! Hang in there buddy and do what you can when you can. Ed
Hi BIGED52; I have to admire you for having the patience to look at a project which drags for long time. It kills me to fall behind the projected time. This is where I start to come in at 4:00 Am and go home at 8:00 Pm until it is done.
Few years ago my wife asked for a new larger porch. I have contracted willing local builder after many unreturned phone calls to many other contractors for an estimate. The willing one, gave me a estimate which was followed by seven weeks of "next week" promises. I had designed the porch in great detail and this contractor told me that I am overbuilding it from what he saw from my drawings. After first grade lumber sat stacked against the side of the house under the tarp for six weeks, I have broke out my carpentry tools and started pre fabricating the lumber. Week later I had main structure attached and sealed to the house in case of rain. Two weeks later and two months after contractors promised start schedule he showed up with five crew to see a beautiful finished porch with a halogen lighting and tropical custom fan. Who built your porch he asked. I replied, you are looking at him. How did you get the 18 sheets of 3/4 tongue and groove plywood on the roof, he asked? Ingenuity, I replied. After which he got back in his truck and left.
My wife wanted a large pond. Two months later, she had a beautifull 7'x16' kidney shaped concrete pond lined with stone and surrounded by slate floor around it, and red brick walled rectangular compound around it, measuring 18'x 30'. Four foot high stone lined waterfall and two fountains and all SS piping, SS bio tank and SS pump tank hidden below the slate covered access plate.

Last year she wanted a green house. One month later she was enjoying a 8'x12' green house all out of welded aluminum frame, glass doors and sides. Polycarbonate roof and only wood base from 2"x12". Between all of those things, my wife is not sure what she enjoys the most. I find her tending to the green house with much love for it, but she sits at the pond reading her books. Summer time when it rains, she reads on the porch.

Now all of you should understand why I have this kind of trait, to get started and get it done. As far as AS goes, today I have all inner skins on and I will get on with next item which I am not sure what it will be. Thanks, "Boatdoc"
boatdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:52 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
Thumbs up way to go Boatdoc

Keep up the good work and keep us posted please.got any more pictures?
Bob Dickson
Old 03-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Whale....Ho!

Boatdoc, I can see how you force yourself to get things gone quickly once you decide to do them! I congratulate you for that! But remember what the wife said about being overloaded and dropping dead getting there? She sure couldn't enjoy the Argosy much without you. A very wise man once told me the following when referring to work and scheduling to get jobs done: "How does one eat a Whale?" When I replied that I had no idea his response was: "One bite at a time!" That was his way of telling me to slow down and that the work would be done when it was done. I guess others have said to stop and smell the roses along the way. It impresses me that you can do all the things that your business requires and still find hours in the day to do the "Honey Do" list items too! I really hope you can find the time to squeeze in some relaxation time for yourself and enjoy the fruits of your labors. Best Wishes to You, Ed
Old 03-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52
Boatdoc, I can see how you force yourself to get things gone quickly once you decide to do them! I congratulate you for that! But remember what the wife said about being overloaded and dropping dead getting there? She sure couldn't enjoy the Argosy much without you. A very wise man once told me the following when referring to work and scheduling to get jobs done: "How does one eat a Whale?" When I replied that I had no idea his response was: "One bite at a time!" That was his way of telling me to slow down and that the work would be done when it was done. I guess others have said to stop and smell the roses along the way. It impresses me that you can do all the things that your business requires and still find hours in the day to do the "Honey Do" list items too! I really hope you can find the time to squeeze in some relaxation time for yourself and enjoy the fruits of your labors. Best Wishes to You, Ed
Hi Ed; Someone once told me "job is not a rabbit, it will not run away" trouble with that is that unless you catch the rabbit you cannot enjoy the lunch.
Yesterday was time for dumb mistakes, forgot to insert the kitchen sink vent pipe between the walls. Another two hours of useless work undoing what I did yesterday. I guess I need to slow down and smell the roses. Thanks Ed, "Boatdoc"
Old 03-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
afton , Virginia
Boatdoc....don't listen to Jim in New Orleans....will you marry me?
alumibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:34 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by alumibum
Boatdoc....don't listen to Jim in New Orleans....will you marry me?
Hi alumibum; Where were you nine years ago when I became a widower?