Old 05-25-2007, 07:19 AM   #29
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Seattle

70 Superbird with a 426 hemi. That's a car! King Richard drove one of those....but his was blue

I lived in Seattle for two years. Everett (Ever-Wet) to be precise. You wouldn't want a race track up there anyway. It literally did rain 10.5 months out of the year. You'd have a six week racing season.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:21 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Earnhardt's will left 100 percent of DEI to Teresa: When #8-Dale Earnhardt Jr. demanded 51 percent ownership of Dale Earnhardt Inc., it might have seemed logical that the son of the team founder would already own part of the company. So why doesn't he? Because the will of his father, the seven-time Cup champion killed on the final lap of the 2001 Daytona 500, didn't give him an ownership stake in the team. Earnhardt's will, signed in December 1992, awards 100 percent of DEI to his widow, Teresa, Dale Jr.'s stepmother. The estate filings, which were probated in Iredell County, N.C., show that Teresa Earnhardt owns the race team

'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by balrgn
Earnhardt's will left 100 percent of DEI to Teresa: When #8-Dale Earnhardt Jr. demanded 51 percent ownership of Dale Earnhardt Inc., it might have seemed logical that the son of the team founder would already own part of the company. So why doesn't he? Because the will of his father, the seven-time Cup champion killed on the final lap of the 2001 Daytona 500, didn't give him an ownership stake in the team. Earnhardt's will, signed in December 1992, awards 100 percent of DEI to his widow, Teresa, Dale Jr.'s stepmother. The estate filings, which were probated in Iredell County, N.C., show that Teresa Earnhardt owns the race team
Absolutely correct. My previous statement about ownership just talked about what MOST people WANT it to be. Dale Senior was not a real kind person in some respects. His mindset according to what I have heard and read over the years is pretty hard nosed. When JR. started driving for his father he only paid him 400 dollars a week and room and board at the family home. I guess thats all a 19 year old needs. Ya can't feel sorry for anyone tho. Jr's personal income is in the 10's of millions a year. Theresas the same. NASCAR is a dictator sport because in its own mind it has to be that way to survive. EVERY CORPORATION on earth would like the controll of their corporation that NASCAR has. Seniors idea was that his kid is rich so give it to therasa. She's is not real smart tho....so other people run the business. Jr and the other kids should have a part of it...but thats not what the OL man wanted. DW said Dale wanted his kids to have the business....fraid not. The WILL said otherwise.

AND.....as for them DODGE HEMI'S AND FORD 429's. They were strong engines. I was a teenager of the 60's and a real enthusiat living in a community of racers. They had torque, lots of torque. There were only a few Boss 429 mustange buit with the Ford hemi. OUR NEIGHBORHOOD HAD THREE. ONE is still here. Owned by a guy who helped put two NASCAR drivers to winston cup. There were also several super birds and Dodge daytona's around. ONE yellow super bird had a hemi. The others had 440's in them. Them cars were fast. But let me tell ya...from someone who has driven them. They were good in a streight line but dont ask them to stop. Brakes were terrible compared to todays muscle cars. The handling was terrible too. A new mustange GT would run circles around them. And a new Mustang cobra would blow them away in a steight line too. (stock from the factory). So would a new corvette. But the power of the old engines was a differnet thing. You could modify em and get up to 700 hp....at 3 mpg on a good day. A kid I went to school with (rich daddy) had a 68 Dodge charger with a with a 426 hemi. Send the car for some engine mod's and cam back with 700 hp. Drove it to school. Blew it up sat. night on the avenue..lol. But the dam thing was so fast you couldn't shift fast enough before it would redline.

THE GAS AT THE CHEVRON WHITE PUMP.. you old hotrodders know that pump???.....WAS 34 CENTS A GALLON and you had to have it to keep the values from comming threw the pistons. GOD ...THEM WERE THE DAYS.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
I remember it well

Gas at the Chevron white pump....SUPREME!

Ahhhh....for a return to the simplicity of life a 283 Chevy,
Old 05-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch
Gas at the Chevron white pump....SUPREME!

Ahhhh....for a return to the simplicity of life a 283 Chevy,
I love my 283 Chevy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62-1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	37878  
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by balrgn
I love my 283 Chevy!
And, I love my 327 Chevy...but it doesn't look as nice as yours (yet)!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8a47_3.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	37895  

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #35
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
Chevron Regualar was the red pump. Chevron supreme was the blue pump, Custome Supreme (for the high compression cars) was the white pump. An the old 427 ran well on The white pump with a little AVIATION 110 octane mixed in.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:58 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
News flash..JR just signed with Hendrick Motor sports. It was all over TV yesterday. They are giving the Boot to Kyle Busch. So Jr will take His ride next year. Aside from the Jr. deal I was wondering how long it would take for Rick Hendrick to shuffle Kyle Busch down the road. He can drive the wheels off a car and can win anything....IF HE don't crash first. I just read an article (I watch the races too) Kyle has crashed 11 ..count em 11 cars this year. More cars than Hendrick lost in the last three years with His other drivers put together.

Anyway..JR. is now part of the Hendrick organization for next year.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
HE is now a Hendrick driver....its official.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #38
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
I think it's hilarous that Jr. is going to drive for the same guy that employs Gordon.

Most guys I know that like Jr. HATE Gordon. Now they're on the same team

I met Gordon back before he won Daytona. He shook my hand and seemed like a nice guy. I never understood why everybody hated him so much. Truth is, the guy can drive.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #39
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGolden
I think it's hilarous that Jr. is going to drive for the same guy that employs Gordon.

Most guys I know that like Jr. HATE Gordon. Now they're on the same team

I met Gordon back before he won Daytona. He shook my hand and seemed like a nice guy. I never understood why everybody hated him so much. Truth is, the guy can drive.
I have my reason for NOT liking Gordon but first,,YES...He can drive. So can most of the guys out there if you give them a great chassis, but back to why I don't like Gordon and I think you have to be a long time fan to understand this. When Gordon was driving sprint cars Ford spent millions on Him because the recognized He had talent. They financed His sprint car...one of the Few Fords in sprint cars. When He went to Busch racing Ford sponsored HIM. When it was time to move to Cup racing they were arrainging a deal for Him To drive Fords on the Winston Cup circut when He signed with Hendrick. Now there is nothing that unusuall about jumping ship but....there were not the usuall circumstances. He Signed a deal with Hendrick and Ford never had the option of a counter offer. HE did it without any warning to Ford. They had taken very good care of HIM and He didn't even give them the oportunity to counter offer. HE didn't even say thankyou for the millions spent on HIM....HE simply took the money from Hendrick and ignored the fact the HE had even driven for Ford and they were the ones that brought HIM to Winston Cup. R. Kranaphus (director of Ford racing at the time) was so shook by the unscrupulus actions of Gordon that HE made a promiss that "as long as HE had anything to say about it...Gordon would never drive a ford again" Thats kind of been Gordons MO during HIs life....Does what HE wants without regards to anyone elses interest regardless of promiss or circumstances. He takes the little boy smile and say aww geee fellas....I didnt really mean anything bad ...just Lookin out for NUMBER ONE. I know several drivers over the years and you might be surpirsed how little respect Gordon had..or has by the rest of Him compeditors. He had a ruputation for wrecking His competition early in a race to make sure they were not around at the end. I have been a long time....since 1959 Winston cup fan. Things change...and scroundrells were the white hats now. Thats why I...and many others don't like MR Gordon. Its got nothing to do with talent...or winning...its got to do with being a Man. Being honest up front. Nobody dislikes a hard racer if He is true to his roots.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:02 PM   #40
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Overlander
Did you all hear Jr. left DEI and has now signed with Michael Waltrip Racing?
nope he signed with Hendricks motor sports. he is now going to be replacing bush. it will be jeff gordon ,jimmy johnson and jr. signed yesterday afternoon.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:07 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
DFord,

If it's as you say, then that would pretty much make him a scoundrel in my book. I never knew any of that.

I'm not a super huge NASCAR fan. I watch it now and then, but not like my one buddy who has not missed a race, live, in four years. Sunday afternoon, forget it, he's not doing anything with anyone. He's watching the race. Unless it happens to be on Saturday night, then he's in there watching it then

I used to work for Grove Crane back in '94-96 and we used DuPont paint. One day they brought in Jeff Gordon and his team as an employee appreciation thing. Jeff was 24 at the time; I was 25. He had just broken into NASCAR like a year prior or so and had not won Daytona yet. He was just like you said; very smiley and "Ah gee fellas" kind of thing. Seemed like Richie Cunningham the guy next door.

I'd never heard about his dealings with Ford like that or wrecking people. I thought only Earnhardt intentionally wrecked people back then. Guess I was wrong.

I kinda like Tony Stewart; only because (A) he looks like me (before he gained 50lbs) and (B) anybody who gets into a fistfight in the pits is AOK in my book. Puts me in mind of Lee Petty and Junior Johnson and the guys back then.

'69 Dodge Charger Daytona is still the most beautiful car ever created
Old 06-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #42
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
JimGolden :I'm not a super huge NASCAR fan. I watch it now and then, but not like my one buddy who has not missed a race, live, in four years. Sunday afternoon, forget it, he's not doing anything with anyone. He's watching the race. Unless it happens to be on Saturday night, then he's in there watching it then

I am much the same way. You could probably count on one hand the Cup races I have missed in the last 10 years. Matter of fact...hands and toes could account for the races I have missed since 1976...and before maybe

Ya...not many people know about Gordons past. Thats to be exspected tho. Its been a while back and there are probably more people that have become cup fans since the mid 90's that there ever were before that time.

Ya..Earnhardt was a rough driver. Glad you remembered that. He is some sort of saint in the south. He was good, great car contoll but very rough and had the best equipment for the most part.

The deal with Jr and Hendrick means that Hendrick will have even more money ( I hate it when people use the term recorces, its like they don't want to say....THE GUYS MAKING MILLIONS) to race with. According to the publications Jr is the is one of the highest paid athlets in the word. He is in the top 10 anyway. The last I remember was HIs personal income was 27 million a year. Tiger woods was Number 1 at over a 100 million.

You mention Tony Steward and I have tried to like that guy for a couple years. Everytime I think HE is ok..HE does something dumb. As long as He stays within His boundaries I think He is ok. But His temper gets the best of him,,,,then He makes a fool of himself....a....and Kurt Bursh did too...and a few others we could go on about that all night.

I am a Carl Edwards fan, Carl is another with outstanding car contoll. I used to be a Bill Elloitt fan but of course He never races much anymore. David Pearson was my first racing Hero..if I can call anyone a Hero. I listened to an interesting show a while back. Richard Petty and David Pearson finish ONE< TWO sixty seven times. Pearson won ONE more race than petty...and they only wrecked each other ONCE. Immagine that,,,,finishing either first or second to each other 67 times and only one wreck. That is drivers who respect each other. NOT like the KNOTHEADS of today. The NEW NASCAR philosophy is blocking and ...if I can't pass him racing...I AM GONNA HAVE TO PUT HIM IN THE FENCE. Its become an excepted part of racing. If you had Jeff Gordon and Tony Steward running one two ,or any two drivers for that matter,,,,67 times on the last lap you would probably have 66 wrecks.

OK...enough...OFF my soapbox. I get started about racing an can't quit.