Old 02-18-2004, 07:08 AM   #29
Rivet Master
1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado

Thats the one - I got it at Home Depot. Yea I was surprised too - was not planning to buy one until I saw the price - it was marked down from $129.00 - brand new unused/unopened

Ken J.

Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 10:04 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member
Took alot of you guys advice and went to get the Makita 9.6.
Sure enough found it at Home Depot 89.95 but couldnt find anyone to tell me if they had the spare batteries and for what price. It was marked down from 119.95 in Texas.
Also needed a rubber plug to put in my fresh water opening since my locking door is missing key. Was surprised that HD didnt have a specialty hardware section. I knew Lowes did so I went two doors down and found the cork/plug. While in Lowes just happened to see a close-out table. Under it were 2 of the Makitas 6095DWBE (30th Anniversary Model).
Marked down to 109.00 closeout! No sign of what they had been before. Two days ago I had gone in this Lowes and looked for this very model. None on the displays and asking a "clerk" I was told no 3/8th drills except Black & Decker.
I did this time go and find their batteries and the NI-Cads were 33.00 each, the hi-capacity charger(#DC1411) was 43.00.
The Makita deal comes with that charger and 2 NickleMetal Hydrite batteries. Some fellow asked if I needed help and I told him that HD had the same Makita set for 89.00. He said he would have to call HD but that he will beat their price by 10%.
He called and I bought both drill sets for 79.00 each.

Sure hope you guys know your stuff.

Actually I hope the Anniversary model isn't some lesser made item.
Also do any of yall know whether the Ni-MH batteries are a step up or a step down from the NI-Cads.??
The charger says it will handle either.
Lowes did not have the individual Ni-MH's so I couldn't compare prices.

Many thanks to all responders.

Oh BTW here is an "interesting" web page if you own the Makita 6095 Drill.

jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:31 AM   #31
Rivet Master
2000 30' Excella
Pittsfield , Maine
Socket for Outriggers?

This subject came up once before - but when I rush out this weekend to buy the 9.6 Makita what socket set-up do I need to power the outriggers up and down. Right now my Excella is semi-buried in snow - and the weekend weather forecast stinks! Is there an "off the shelf" nut driver that will fit the chuck? The socket size may vary by trailer year - see signature.

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member
1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Well this thread is now 5 1/2 years old. I wonder if any of you folks still use and admire the 9.6 volt drill motors?
I have 4 Makitas and have never been pleased completely with battery life.
Three of them I picked up at sales (garage type) etc.
I was disappointed to find that Makita abandons any support (on their web site) after a number of years.
The battery packs although very similar in appearance are not all interchangeable in the various drills or in the chargers.
Years ago I saw a posting on lome tool site of a fellow who had a way to recharge or I should say refurb the batteries by use of a electric welder I believe. I cannot find that link any longer.
I don't even know if Makita still makes a 9.6.
Sometimes the length of the handle (long) got in the way of where you wanted to drill in tight places.
____ d'drummer ____

Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:40 PM   #33
Rivet Master
2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
the lower voltage drills are becoming scarce. i like a light drill. i think you can still find batteries for them on the web. i have one working battery left.

2012 F150 Super Crew 5-1/2' bed Ecoboost 4x4 3.73 elec. lock diff. Propride hitch
give life. kidney & pancreas transplant 9/9/06
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote