Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2003, 04:29 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Smile Cooking Pots

I've read many times how storage of cooking pots, frying pans, ect has been a challenge and I thought I'd share this product. .

It's fine for 2, but maybe too small for more than that. I bought my current set in '96(backpacking) and I've been using them daily for almost 2 yrs. They store great, they clean easily and their great quailty.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:00 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I use a set of high quality cookware (Circulon) in the trailer that is better than what we use at home. I have used this set for over 10 years now in 4 different trailers. I chose the high quality stuff because it is easy to clean in the confines of the trailer and spreads the gas heat evenly. I use circles of rubber non-skid between the pieces when on the road, but the grooved surface protects most of the surface against damage to the non-stick.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
pots&pans

i have among others my "mothers microwave"(pressure cooker)
lodge cast iron grill,omlette pan, roasting pan,dutch oven, skilllet,pizza pans,and 2 pyrex casserole dishes
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 01:59 AM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Re: pots&pans

Quote:
Originally posted by norbert
lodge cast iron grill,omlette pan, roasting pan,dutch oven, skilllet,pizza pans,and 2 pyrex casserole dishes
norby
Obviously you have a big trailer! If we had all that we wouldn't have room for us

We have a set of aluminum nesting pans that have a small frying pan, large pot and small pot, all with fold up handles. They store in a stuff sack, which is nice. I also grab my favorite non-stick grill pan from the house to take on trips. I might look into that non-stick set John mentioned. I think non-stick helps us conserve water quite a bit, which is nice when dry camping.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 06:42 AM   #5
Contributing Member

Re: pots&pans

Quote:
Originally posted by norbert
norby
Ditto on at least one Pyrex casserole dish; a necessity for rallys with pot luck dinners. I simply make use of the frying pan as a grill.

I also keep a Pyrex 3-cup measuring cup for microwaving water as well as a large plastic measuring cup for mixing pancakes, etc.. The Pyrex cup neatly nests inside the plastic cup when on the road so that it doesn't have to be padded.

I often carry a couple of throwaway aluminum casserole pans along for times that I'm not sure of retrieving my pan. Example is an event where I will be playing the banjo immediately after dinner; I can just forget about the pan in that case.

The 25 Classic actually has less pot'n pan space than any of my previous trailers except the original popup. Even my 19' Scamp 5th-wheel had more space than I have now.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-15-2003, 11:08 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
The best thing we purchased from Camping World was the stainless steel nesting pots and pans set. No need for a colander with the perforated lids, which pretty much eliminate boil-overs too. The plastic lids are great for storing stuff in the frig, and the pots function as mixing bowls. The clamp-on handles are VERY robust.

These sit in a cast-iron skillet which sits on a perforated pizza pan, which sits on an airbake cookie sheet on the oven rack. Below that is a Pampered Chef pizza stone. Down in the broiler area is a pie pan, two cake pans, and a pie crust saver. There's still room in the oven for more cookware. I won't be surprised if we wind up with a non-stick coated aluminum griddle in there too, and Pyrex casserole and meat loaf pans in the cabinets.

We're able to fit three of these cutlery trays stacked in the top kitchen drawer. We managed to get service for 8 in the top one, and the middle one holds the three handles from the pots and pans set.

The knife safe on the inside of a cabinet door keeps the knives from getting dinged up, and handy, yet out of the way so they can't fall and hurt the cats.

For more counterspace, we usually keep the Corian cover on the right sink, over a stainless dish drainer sitting on a sink mat. This allows us to save water by rinsing everything at once.

Much of the cooking will take place outdoors with the Coleman Road Trip grill, where in addition to the grill inserts, we have a griddle and stove grate. One trick I learned from one of the Winnebago crowd was to spray the water tray with Pam, rather than use water in it.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:54 PM   #7
Finally Retired

, Washington
We have a set of T-fal Ingenio they nest together and have removeable handles very good quality
Finally Retired
LKappenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 02:01 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
WOW! I didn't notice until I checked my links posted above that Camping World has the pots and pans set on sale for $62.99 ! We got ours on sale, but not at THAT price!
Old 11-15-2003, 03:23 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Thanks Maurice!

I just ordered a set!!

Much nicer than my backpacking gear !!!
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 08:50 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
I hate to drag an older thread up to the top, but I feel like it needs to be updated for those who come across it when searching.

Camping World no longer carries the nesting pots and pans set. Hohne found them at Practical Sailing Solutions and reported a good buying experience with that company.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:36 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Water Bags.

Hi Guys...
How many of U Guys still hang a pouch of WATER over Yr vehicles radiator grill...to COOL...?????
Or has modern Techno: taken over...Chris.....
Old 02-19-2004, 11:43 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Chris
I haven't seen one of those in 30 years, are they still available?
I would be interested in getting a few of them.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:13 PM   #13
Contributing Member

Because the galley storage space is so limited in the 25 Classic, I bought a set of the nesting pots & pans when CW had them on sale; my college-age granddaughter was the recipient of my handled pots & pans. At $63 by mail, the set was a steal; the local CW had them on the shelves for over $90. The quality is great. Even better, I received the $1 shipping on the order.
WBCCI #9632
Old 02-19-2004, 03:06 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thumbs up Great pots and pans

We also bought the nest of pots from Camping World .. love them.. like them so much have packed my home ones away for now.. no RV should be with out them.. Annie
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:58 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

I found this set on the internet, but haven't seen it in the flesh:

http://modernoutpost.com/gear/details/tl_tfalsets.html

Not as many pieces as the CW set, but several nice features: non-stick surfaces, cast aluminum, stuff sack, colander lid. $73.34 with shipping.

Bob McKeown
Nashville
mcneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:34 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thumbs down Tfal

If it will stack it will also scratch the teflon... just my opinion .. never had any luck with any teflon.. that fit inside each other .. Annie
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:42 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Re: Tfal

Quote:
Originally posted by Annie1976
If it will stack it will also scratch the teflon... just my opinion .. never had any luck with any teflon.. that fit inside each other .. Annie
I think that's where those "circles of rubber non-skid between the pieces" that Pahaska mentioned come in.

Bob McKeown
mcneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:55 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
As a male, I've always been a fan of Silverstone or anything that makes cleaning pots and pans easier short of throwing them away after use.

I recently ran across some stainless Revere Ware that does not have the copper clad bottom but has aluminum sandwiched in between two layers of stainless on the bottom and part of the sides. The idea is to distribute the heat evenly and not cause hot spots. I gave a set to my wife, purchased at Walmart for $96, and she loves it. Nothing has burned yet in the bottom of the pans or skillets. They are smooth bottomed, not like the Emeril stuff I see advertised that has a raised lip. Pots come with clear glass covers with stainless hoop handles.

They sure don't stack like the nesting pots the thread is talking about but I have been impressed. I have also thought about buying the Circulon John Irwin mentioned but I'm still debating.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 08:39 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
But they match my counter tops!!!

I find myself out purchasing $125 worth of pots, and caserole dishes because they match the counters. Vintage style enameled pots, who wouldn't need them...right.....right???? Come on.....right?????? oh, no, what was I thinkin' $125.00 for 4 pieces of cookware that I will probably only use twice!!! I don't even cook at home.....Oh crap, where's my receipt...
Old 02-19-2004, 08:44 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Geez,
I didn't even think about matching the interior. I was trying to match the shiney exterior. Hmmmm.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote