Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I'm sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong....but I don't believe that anyone here has experienced this problem...being stopped by Law enforcement and having their cash seized.

We have a case from 2009 involving $48,000 and a small amount of marijuana, and one from 2013 involving $167,000 and no illegal drugs...and I think there was one other, second hand story...but no one here, or even someone that someone knows, no RV'er whose few hundred or a thousand dollars in cash has been taken after a police stop.

And, you know, if this was a problem among RV'ers, it would spread amongst us like wildfire. There are thousands of us out there, driving many, many millions of miles all over this country since 1984.

People wouldn't have to hunt and search and dig to dredge up isolated instances of RV's involved in civil asset forfeiture. It would be out there, and we would be aware of it, it wouldn't have to be construed and inferred and supposed as a threat..it would be there, and it isn't.

Maybe the moral to this story is....don't use illegal drugs and don't carry tens of thousands of dollars in bundled cash hidden around your rig, in case you are stopped for some reason, police ask to search your vehicle and construe nefarious purpose to your large quantities of bundled cash.

Whether unreasonable seizure of cash and property is a problem in this country which needs to be resolved does not make it something that law abiding RV'ers need to fear or be whipped into a frenzy over.

Maggie

Old 02-10-2017, 02:24 PM   #72
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
my , house
This discussion in some ways is like the ST vs LT tires.
Some believe that the ST tires are going to explode and destroy our trailer. ME

Some believe that ST tires with proper speed , pressure, and loading will rarely if ever blow out. NOT ME

Others never think about it and just have fun. WISH that was me.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #73
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Hello from Site Team.

Folks, this thread is being closed. This is an AIRstream forum and not a political one. (This hot topic is about as political as it gets.) Our rules clearly define topic parameters and regardless of which side of the political fence you park your camper on we share a common interest in Airstreams, traveling and camping. So, let's focus on that and leave this topic for other venues. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for your participation in the forum and best wishes for happy 'streaming,
Site Team

Closed Thread