Old 12-18-2005, 02:15 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Talking Christmas manners...

I went in2 town this mornin, I kn, I kn, I must B mad , hittin the shops at this awesome time of year...sigh !... it took Me ages 2 find a parkin place, I was kicked, bit, scratched & bumped all over as I went from store 2 store, in search 4 that one special gift..., I saw a young lady with 2 children, & a buggy, so I held the door open 4 them, ... " I don't need U 2 hold the door open 4 Me ", S he screeched, " jus 'cos I'm a Lady "... " I never " I said back 2 Her, " I held it open because I am a Gentleman ", She replied with the 'ole familiar Twin Finger suggestion... Flabbergasted I was NOT, well I was a few moments later, U C, I accidently on purpose stood on one of Her youngsters untied shoe laces... & He was'nt goin anywhere, His mother kept on shoutin at Him 2 get a move on... He leaned forward in2 the charge mode & made a run 4it, I lifted My foot, & He shot off like a rabbit...jus at the time a rather large Lady stepped in2 His path, How He never lost His head up Her Botty, I'll never kn... The Lady turned around, & the name She called Him, well it jus aint allowed on here... So I'll keep U all guessin, & I'll keep My self guessin why every one were wishing each other a Merry Christmas... was I in the WRONG store or what ???, I asked Myself, No-One wished Me one... & when I C vat Santa Clause...I'm askin 4A EASTER EGG...LOL..Chris.....

Old 12-18-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
.....and, that's why I do all MY shopping on-line!!!!!!

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 12-18-2005, 03:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Chris,
knowing you...that's way too cute..

btw, "Merry Christmas"!!!
T7
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:04 PM   #4
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
I made the mistake of trying to do a little shopping yesterday, never found a parking spot at the mall. I did witness two people going fist city over what appeared to be a parking spot ownership dispute.

I will never go Christmas shopping this early again!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:10 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Same here...seems everyone is exceptionally stressed out right now. Amazon.com keeps me within my budget and acting humanely.

However...

I was severely tailgated in a pouring rain today down a four lane street in my town. Guy in a tricked out race car flashed his beams at me, whipped around (on my left, so I *was* in the "slow" lane). I gritted my teeth and asked myself why people like him never get caught.

Then, on my left, a police cruiser with lights also zipped by and pulled him over! It was all I could do not to go around the block, park and watch.

Merry Christmas all!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:41 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
a police cruiser with lights also zipped by and pulled him over!

and folks question if there is a Santa Claus...

Eljay

1968 Tradewind Double.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:18 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Why do We do it ???......

Hi ALL, MERRY XMAS 2 Ya ALLL... WOW, the shops kinda CUTE tho ?, all those things 2 Buy...but what do U buy 4 sumone who's GOT EVERYTHING... A bottle of Pennicilin !!! well whatever it is, I bet Yr last cent, it's either rong colour, size, shape or needs batteries, adaptor, instructions hard 2 follow, I thought abt buyin KITES this year, ( 4a laugh )...but it'll B 2 Windy or 2 cold 4 'em...even the string will B rong...LOL, it's a ruddy nitemare... Gift tokens R a safe bet, yea sure...My MOM ( Bless Her ) has abt £ 75 of the assorted things, She don't need owt, but We got Her summat from Disney the other week... Hee Hee, well it saves Santa gettin told off it's rong !!!.
So, Shoppin, tho FUN, but NOT at this time of Year...is a great fete, but I think I'll leave it 2 the hard hearted next year... So 2 those of U who jus gotta do it, well stiff upper lip, & jus GO4IT...LOL, All the best...Chris.....
Old 12-19-2005, 06:06 AM   #8
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Great stories! We went to 'town' Saturday for a couple of things, and I realized that I hadn't checked the air pressure in the Excursion's tires for a while. We've had a fair amount of snow this year, and I was being lazy, so I headed for the local Firestone store which is located... in the mall parking lot. It took 20 minutes just to get from the parking lot entrance to the store, a total of a block and a half. It took almost 30 minutes to get back out! It was reminiscent of watching the occupants of a very large anthill. Surly occupants at that!

When I was but a young lad, I worked in the toy, and later sporting goods and camera departments of a large department store. I was always amazed at how regular, nice, normal folks turned into mean, nasty, ugly creatures around the holidays. I survived only three Christmases in retail. I have a great deal of respect for anyone who can do it successfully today. I always take a minute to smile and thank a pleasant sales person during the busy holidays 'cause I know how tough it is.

Roger
Old 12-19-2005, 09:50 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1996 30' Excella
Brighton , Michigan
Dear Friends,
During this hectic time of year, it’s important to remember the simplicity and true meaning of the Christmas season.

We are passing this message on to you because it definitely worked for us and we all could use more calm in our lives. By following the simple advice we heard on the Dr. Phil show, we have finally found inner peace.

Dr. Phil proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started. So we looked around our house to see things we started and hadn’t finished; and before leaving the house this morning we’ve finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Baileys, a bottle of Kahlua, a package of Oreo’s, the remainder of both Prozac and Valium prescriptions, the rest of the Cheesecake, some Saltines and a box of Chocolates.

You have no idea how freaking good we feel.Please pass this on to those you feel are in need of inner peace…
Wishing you a very merry, calm Christmas.

Old 12-19-2005, 02:49 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
I must have missed that episode of Dr. Phil.....but, it sounds like a winner to me !!!!!!!!!

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 12-19-2005, 03:20 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Good Manners...

... Say Roger, U hit the nail on the head there... wot R We turnin in2, I notice wen I drive thro town, I gotta B vry careful, & think 4 the leggers, all they think abt is so n so store 4 so n so's present, & make a bee-line there, Nothin nor anyone else exists..Grrr...
My Youngest D/D Lisa, works in T K Maxx, on customer service desk, She has the patience n charm as an Angel, She truely has, ( Aint vat right 53FC )
I went 2 meet Her one afternoon, I was early, so I decided on a brouse around the store, well 2 cut it short, this Youth was realy loosin it at the desk, & callin My D/D all the names under the sun..., Her manager was there 2, & requested Him 2 leave the store, He refused until He had " Sorted the Bitch out ", ( My D/D )... by this time I was gettin ready 2... well lets say DISMANTLE Him... LOL, when this rather smart Lady put Her hand in Her pocket, & pulled out...NO not a gun, ths is England...LOL, but a card, A warrant card, Yes She was a police woman, He grabbed the card from Her & threw it at her... then everything that happened after that was a blur...He was in cuffs B4 U could say Airstream... & My D/D jus looked at Him & said, " Thank You Sir, please call agn "...Kewl, Calm & Collective, Was I proud of Her, Yep it WAS the Drink talkin, but U kn, it's sad that people who serve other people always get the blunt of it all...
I / We can honestly say NOT once whilst on Yr side of the pond did We encounter any Argy-Bargy wot so ever, so Hats off 2U all...
Christmas IS a HAPPY event, so Y, I ask, R all the people who R out shoppin wearin miserable faces, & almost every car snarlin the roads have only the driver in, such a waste, I kn I waste more time in My car, & it does Me no good at all...I'm jus 2 idle 2 use the public busses... means I gotta walk a lttl, & it costs MORE 2 do so... LOL, Well still gotta get Mom's Bread yet, on saturday, I'm dreadin it, I realy R, I aint got the same Charisma as Lisa, I'll end up stickin a french loaf where the Angel has Her tree stuck...Oh Gosh, I feel a mince pie may B nice... Catch Ya all later...
6 sleeps 2go, B4 the big Guy pops down My chimney, 6 sleeps 2go B4 He brings Me gifts... Mmm 6 sleeps 2Go B4 He EATS My PIES, drinks My RUM, makes a mess & wakes everyone up...Y My wife does it every year is beyond Me, I'm 52 now, NOT 12... still wood'nt B Christmas without the tradition , bless Her... LOL, HIC !!!...Chris.....
Old 12-20-2005, 01:55 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Our good reason

c.b-man...your d/d sounds like a real winner. She got the best of him by not letting him get the best of her. I love your posts! Glad to hear you managed to dodge yankee nastiness when you were here.

Our reason for doing it is threefold, ages 7, 10 and 14. Giving them hope, tradition, togetherness, and fun.

Here's a visual...I can't resist showing off, please indulge me...this went out in our Christmas card this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ameliahatstockings.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	17180  

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:58 AM   #13
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Holiday spirit prevails over bad manners!

Lovely photo Ingrid! Thanks for sharing the picture. The kids make the holidays so much fun. Our 3 year old is really excited this year.

Chris it sounds like you have raised your daughter properly, that other fellow was a disgrace to his family. I know my grandma (God rest her soul) would reach out and slap me from the grave if I were to even dream of carrying on like that. Sounds like a lovely Christmas there, do folks over there still have the plum pudding with hard sauce during the holidays? My dad's grandpa was from Newcastle upon Tyne, that was a family favorite now too hard to find hereabouts. We'll be having the mincemeat pies...

Happy holidays everyone.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:55 AM   #14
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Manners...

Hi All... We all kn things come 'n go, some things come around agn later...but in My eyes MANNERS have NEVER bn outta fashion, & I bn around 52 years, LOL, & I still got them...LOL... I may accidently-on-purpose 4get 2 put My manners in2 gear sometimes, but sadly with some people it is the Only way they kn, or seem 2 understand, Funny how almost everyone I work with SWEARS...I DON'T, Oh !, but I done My fair share, like the time the cast iron Cylinder head slipped down the studs & squashed My fingers, that was real funny, a month after...LOL Well it was My first time at changin a head gasket ( Austin Cambridge Est:, 1622cc, 1966 model ). but NOT My last ....
Lisa My D/D, is an angel, gets a lot of verbal, 4 many reasons at Her work, but She jus takes it in Her stride, She says they have a Disability, so thus Shes excuses them, & the disability they have is known as IGNORANCE, it's a social disability, quite common 2...but 2 Me it's jus darn plain ignorant...
But it's Christmas, lets stay HAPPY...LOL, Great foto of Yr D/D, but I'm wonderin if She wearin the hat Wrong, All My D/Ds & Son, says I should wear it coverin My face, summat abt scarin santa's helpers... anyhow, She looks FAB, Tell HER that 4 ME..OK X... Bless Her... U kn, We can't force manners upon our Children, but We can teach them RESPECT, & respect from other people, in My book is worth more than any diamond...
... Plum puddin indeed, Yep it's STILL a hot favourite, mine of course is the 'ole Mince Pies n Cream, real cream NOT that chemical stuff...LOL, no doubt I'll B over stuffin My face...well wots the point of makin them 2 waste... One year My D/W was poorly, so Good-'Ole-Dad done the Xmas BAKIN Oh ! Pooh, wot a mistake...I used the WRONG flour 4the bakewell tarts, talk abt hard, even the BIRDS dinna wanna kn...I had 2 bin them all, well I dint wanna get sued 4 cruelty 2 birds...LOL, but Sister in law came 2 the rescue, Bless Her... They ALL kn I nvr made the second batch, but politely keep it MUM... They aint stupid... I put LOTS of fillin in2 My buns...so much that I slightly OVER fill...So, I don't mind... it's only ONCE a YEAR, THANK GOODNESS...
Yankie Nasties... naw, did'nt C any realy, All U Guys knew I was trippin the pond, so U ALL behaved Yr selves... LOL, It's ok now Guys I'm bk, as U were...The only encounter I had with a Law Man this time, was 2 take My Son's foto with Him & His patrol car, at Downtown Disney Marketplace...LOL
Well I gotta get ready 4 work, YUK !!!... Catch Ya ALL ltr...Chris.....