Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2006, 07:38 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Nashville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to harestream
Our first week ever in our Airstream happens to be xmas week

We are on day 7 as full timers with our Airstream Tradewind. So far so good. A bit warmer here in Nashville than in New Hampshsire but rain, rain, rain. We are loving our new lives more than than expected and our animals seem pleased too. This is the best! Everyday it's just a bit more lived in and a bit more home. Yesterday we added a rug, and some handles on our cabinets. I'll post a few pics soon.

Happy Holidays,
Harestream and Airspleen
Old 12-25-2006, 11:47 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Wow! Wish I was you!!!!

Hare -

I wish I was you!!!!! You are living the dream that many of us have, but can't get up the gumption to live, yet....

I hope that you continue to enjoy all the blessings you have, will receive, and that you continue to post, often, about your experience out there in your AS, plusses and minuses, on a regular basis. Seriously. Who knows, you might get me out of my rut, and doing what I really would like to....

Thanks!

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sure miss the pecan pie, the sweet potato pie, and the Carolina BBQ on cheap white buns, cole slaw, and some RC or sweet tea. What ever happened to those Moonpies, "Cheerwine," hushpuppies (the food not the shoe!)? (quote from Rocinante)
Jerry, with that list of missed low-country favorites, you might like the cookbook I just got for Christmas: The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook. They made it big and full of the "old" recipes. Yes, they even have the basics of sweet tea and crab cakes and Frogmore stew and boiled peanuts. . .and then they offer some updated variations of it all. It reads great-can't wait to start cookin'! ~G Okay, back to the thread.
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:56 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Don't forget!!

Hey Slowolf, don't forget to weave a tapestry of obscenity that will hang in space over Lake San Antonio until we are back there next summer!!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Great photos Slowolf! And glad that your holiday group had such a spectacular day. Nice of the rain to hold off for you.
We yet another surprise use for the silver cocoon on Christmas eve. It was the perfect place to send the gen-xers so we could go to sleep in a nice quiet house! They loved it...but they played with our little trailer park assembly on the dinette. I can tell. The car's hooked up to the wrong identical rig!
Happy New Year to you and Jan and the pups!
Janet and Terry
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:03 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Could be just about anywhere , Missouri
Christmas in the airstream

Hare,

I started full timing in august.

Spent part of Christmas eve day and Christmas night in the AS in
Silver Springs FL.

I also spent the most the Thanksgiving Holiday. First time in 30 years
I didn't cook for the holidays. Just drop in on family and friends then
back to the AS.

I'm in a park that schedules activities so it does not feel so strange.
I just do what the other campers do and it feels normal.

Chrispy1
chrispy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:00 AM   #47
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Nice photos slowolf. I really enjoyed camping there at Lake San Antonio for the fall rally. Looking forward to going back there again.

And by the way...am I the only one who decorates my Airstream for the holidays while it's parked in my driveway?
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:37 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowolf
Here are a few photos from our trip to San Antonio Lake. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Christmas was about 60 degrees. I think I got sunburn It was so peaceful. There was a total of about 10 other campers there at a campgound with a capacity of probably 1000. Lots of migating birds on the lake, so kayaking was very cool. The whole trip was definitely a do-over.
Verry pretty pix, Steve!!!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
We had planned to spend the week before Christmas until New years on the road with the A/S. Luckily our boy got leave so he came into town and left yesterday. So we'll spend New Years at the beach camping.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:58 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Which beach??

We are going to Malibu RV park tomorrow
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #51
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Our Trip Was Fun!

Just returned from 9 nights in the Airstream. The weather was not the greatest but a bad day in the Airsteam beats a good day at work any time. We were in the Airstream for Christmas and the new year. We spent the week+ in Alabama... yes there are things to do and see in Alabama. Our first stop was Birmingham for the Papa Johns college bowl game, then on to the Gulf Shores area then to Anniston before driving back to the Atlanta area.

We stayed in Oak Mountain State Park, Gulf State Park and Cheaha State Park respectively. Liked all the parks even though the weather was not the best.

Looking forward to many nights camping in 2007!

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:56 AM   #52
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4WEDI
Merry Christmas from the new guys ! We are here on Sanibel Island in SW FLA enjoying our time with Bambi. All is well ! Wishing you all the best through the New Year !

http://www.airforums.com/photo...ge.php?i=14228
Hey B4WEDI -- Just noticed you here on the forum. WELCOME! We have lots in common, and we're just down the road from you, NW of Boston, MA.

I hope when you get back up north you'll come to a NEU rally so we can hear about your Florida life with Bambi. Sanibel Island (Periwinkle campground?) is at the top of our list of places to visit when we finally make it south with truck and trailer. We visited there last year without the Airstream and just loved it!

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:39 AM   #53
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Hey B4WEDI -- Just noticed you here on the forum. WELCOME! We have lots in common, and we're just down the road from you, NW of Boston, MA.

I hope when you get back up north you'll come to a NEU rally so we can hear about your Florida life with Bambi. Sanibel Island (Periwinkle campground?) is at the top of our list of places to visit when we finally make it south with truck and trailer. We visited there last year without the Airstream and just loved it!

-Jamie
Yes, please try and join us. The New England Unit is a wicked fun group of Airsteam owners.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote