Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
Creampuff
 
Creampuff's Avatar
 
1957 22' Flying Cloud
1971 31' Sovereign
1976 29' Ambassador
Malibu , California
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 513
Images: 60
CHEROKEE RV PARTS- Belly up???

Several months ago I called Cherokee RV Salvage in CO. who apparently have 2 AS's in stock and are listed on their website. I need a bumper for a '67 and they said they had a steel one and would get back to me with a price.
No call-back. Nada! Today I tried to do a follow-up and all their phone lines are out-of-service. Is this just another Colorado weather event or are they really no longer in business???
P.S. anybody know where to find a bumper??
__________________

__________________
Murray
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
FreshAir's Avatar

 
1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,327
Images: 2
Try RV Dr. George in Sacramento, Ca. Phone is 916 927 RVDR. Google their web site too.

Neil and Lynn
__________________

__________________
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Avatar;
Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Aerowood's Avatar

 
1971 21' Globetrotter
Arvada , Colorado
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuff
Several months ago I called Cherokee RV Salvage in CO. who apparently have 2 AS's in stock and are listed on their website. I need a bumper for a '67 and they said they had a steel one and would get back to me with a price.
No call-back. Nada! Today I tried to do a follow-up and all their phone lines are out-of-service. Is this just another Colorado weather event or are they really no longer in business???
P.S. anybody know where to find a bumper??
I can drive by the place tomorrow after work and check. I've been there a couple of times and the place was a disaster,or reather a dump, and I felt he was quite high on his prices.
__________________
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
47WeeWind's Avatar
 
1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,149
Images: 20
In process of moving ...

Cherokee RV moved out of their most recent location at the end of April 2007, and is in the process of finding a new location. I have not tried to contact them since mid-April, so have no further update. That's why you might not find them at their most recent location.
__________________
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
Creampuff
 
Creampuff's Avatar
 
1957 22' Flying Cloud
1971 31' Sovereign
1976 29' Ambassador
Malibu , California
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 513
Images: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47WeeWind
Cherokee RV moved out of their most recent location at the end of April 2007, and is in the process of finding a new location. I have not tried to contact them since mid-April, so have no further update. That's why you might not find them at their most recent location.
Thanks guys- that would 'splain everything- what a way to do business!
You'd think they would at least put something on their website whih is still up.
__________________
Murray
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:36 PM   #6
Creampuff
 
Creampuff's Avatar
 
1957 22' Flying Cloud
1971 31' Sovereign
1976 29' Ambassador
Malibu , California
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 513
Images: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by anholman
Try RV Dr. George in Sacramento, Ca. Phone is 916 927 RVDR. Google their web site too.

Neil and Lynn
I'll give them a call. They look like they have quite a parts yard.
Thanks .
www.rvdoctorgeorge.com
__________________

__________________
Murray
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Removing Belly Pan garp Belly Pans & Banana Wraps 5 07-06-2016 01:48 PM
where belly meets floor meets shell JrnymnJay Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame 6 01-09-2006 01:05 PM
Parts is Parts!!! TRAPEZE Airstream Motorhome Forums 13 09-03-2002 12:48 PM
'66 Safari - step and window guard parts? Gordon 1966 - 1968 Safari 1 04-20-2002 12:16 PM
Under Belly Skin Restoration... Andy R Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing 2 04-08-2002 12:46 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.